Internet very,very slow just me?

BillyBobThai

3BB is very slow for websites out of Thailand.

Last Friday and Saturday the intergateway seemed to be overloaded. I couldn't reach my webservers in USA, AUS and EU.

Next to this many Thai websites are infected with a malware. My Norton goes haywire since Saturday when visiting Thai websites (True server based). A week ago this wasn't a problem. I have included a printscreen of it.

post-197672-0-32088600-1401082940_thumb.

3BB now again confirms they are having trouble with international bandwidth.

Lots of steaming television and other streams that clogs up the international bottleneck to the outside world. I have complained to 3BB NOC, and have them on chat. Will update when I have any news.

• Like 1

I may regret posting this.... knock on wood.

My 3BB is and has been steady through all of the recent posts about problems with 3BB. I get 2.2 Mb down with very little variance. This is testing with MyTest.com

The only problems I am having is with ThaiVisa, which has been posted about on the Forum Support Desk thread.

There is still a problem with signing in. Apparently ThaiVisa Forums have a hard time working with INternet Explorer 11 and also Windows 8/8.1.

Seems like it is slower today and yesterday. Like someone else said, the ping rate must be high, 10,000,000 or so. Once it finally connects, the download time is reasonable, almost. Having not watched tv for the last several weeks, the movies are ones I have never seen. Be thankful for small gifts.

Darkside of Pattaya and my normally blistering 3BB connection has been glacial since yesterday with frequent outages.

I reckon that since the army has shut down all terrestrial television and radio, the much savvier than they think general public is hogging the internet for the news.

Same for me Bang-Saen.

jb1

My 3BB is and has been steady through all of the recent posts about problems with 3BB. I get 2.2 Mb down with very little variance. This is testing with MyTest.com

The only problems I am having is with ThaiVisa, which has been posted about on the Forum Support Desk thread.

There is still a problem with signing in. Apparently ThaiVisa Forums have a hard time working with INternet Explorer 11 and also Windows 8/8.1.

I've gave up with Internet explorer a long time ago.

jb1

Internet reaction speed is down to the PING speed. The lower the PING the faster the internet. You may have 13MB internet, but if your PING is high, say over 25 then the internet will be shit.

I have 13MB with 3BB not BBB and my ping is very high, but when I was in Singapore last week I had a 5 PING and 2MB download. Which do you think was the faster?

It was the Singapore internet.

Thai internet is BS

Sorry, but lot of confusing statements here.

ping time (not speed) determines how long the data travels from you to the server.

ping times for Europe and USA are in the range of 350 to 500 ms typically.

Speed and ping time do not correlate necessarily.

Even a far away server can still deliver high data rates.

For normal browsing the ping time is quiite irrelevant.

"Ping over 25" simply means "traffice goes outside Thailand".

25 ms or a little better is the time to reach the switches at CAT Bangkok (depending on your location in Thailand).

"2MB download" from Singapore: not great, but without exactly knowing which server/time of day hard to qualify.

No idea what "5 ping" should mean.

To Singapore it is realistically about 50 ms or so.

Einstein sets the limits.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

My data travel 46 ms to the last point in Thailand.

After 246 ms reaching San Jose via sea cable.

1 ms ADSL [192.168.1.1]
2 ms node-4qp.pool-182-52.dynamic.totbb.net [182.52.24.1]
4 ms 172.17.14.213
3 ms 10.7.7.1
22 ms 10.232.42.101
21 ms 10.224.255.157
21 ms 10.224.255.1
23 ms 10.227.53.237
22 ms hundred-gi-0-7-0-1.cwt-gw-01.totisp.net [203.114.118.138]
23 ms HUN-gi-0-5-0-0.cwt-core-01.totiig.net [180.180.255.57]
45 ms ten-gi-0-7-0-3.knl-core-01.totiig.net [180.180.255.50]
46 ms ten-gi-0-0-0-0.knl-gw-04.totiig.net [180.180.249.190]
245 ms xe-5-0-2.edge2.SanJose3.Level3.net [4.53.210.33]

Edited by KhunBENQ

I was getting BBC World News on 'Wherever TV'. Today I can only get BBC News 24 Hours. Has BBC World News been blocked anyone?? I am using Truevision cable.

Edited by Gandtee

I am using a mainly German language based IPTV package streaming from Bangkok.

Mostly German, but also carrying BBC World News and Al Djazeera.

Both still running fine.

Maybe they have not found it yet, psst.

Little to no coverage of Thailand in BBC world news currently.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Internet reaction speed is down to the PING speed. The lower the PING the faster the internet. You may have 13MB internet, but if your PING is high, say over 25 then the internet will be shit.

I have 13MB with 3BB not BBB and my ping is very high, but when I was in Singapore last week I had a 5 PING and 2MB download. Which do you think was the faster?

It was the Singapore internet.

Thai internet is BS

Sorry, but lot of confusing statements here.

ping time (not speed) determines how long the data travels from you to the server.

ping times for Europe and USA are in the range of 350 to 500 ms typically.

Speed and ping time do not correlate necessarily.

Even a far away server can still deliver high data rates.

For normal browsing the ping time is quiite irrelevant.

"Ping over 25" simply means "traffice goes outside Thailand".

25 ms or a little better is the time to reach the switches at CAT Bangkok (depending on your location in Thailand).

"2MB download" from Singapore: not great, but without exactly knowing which server/time of day hard to qualify.

No idea what "5 ping" should mean.

To Singapore it is realistically about 50 ms or so.

Einstein sets the limits.

Wheres your evidence? Mines attached here. If web pages load faster in Singapore with low MB and a low ping, and web pages load slower in Thailand with high MB and high ping. Thai internet is crap and Singapore is good.

post-82234-0-40401900-1401108005_thumb.j

post-82234-0-16176800-1401108018_thumb.j

I've gave up with Internet explorer a long time ago.

jb1

Internet Explorer and Windows 8 work fine for me on everything I do... except ThaiVisa.

Wheres your evidence? Mines attached here. If web pages load faster in Singapore with low MB and a low ping, and web pages load slower in Thailand with high MB and high ping. Thai internet is crap and Singapore is good.

The data for the Bangkok server looks totally plausible.

"Client location", thats you (or exactly 3BBs node) somewhere in the Pattaya area.

49 ms, not so much different from my data.

The data for Singapore server shows "Client location" on 1.3 degrees north.

That is in Singapore! You virtually moved about 1200 km south once in a sudden.

Server and client in Singapore. Very doubtful.

On the other hand: that the download rate shown for Singapore is worse than for Bangkok is not a surprise to me?

Don't rely on these speedtests.

Either do your own tests (big download, watch download rates shown by browser or do a simple stopwatch method).

Or get yourself an effective real time speed meter for your PC/device.

I use: http://www.floriangilles.com/software/netspeedmonitor

With that I see what really happens: 20 Mbit/s downloading from an IPTV service based in Bangkok.

Much less when watching streams from Germany, happy to have 3 MBit/s.

I have ToT fibre (FTTx, 20 Mbit).

Edited by KhunBENQ