Ex-PMs Thaksin Shinawatra, Yingluck Shinawatra to establish government in exile

Lite Beer

I wonder if Ms. Yingluck at her undisclosed location is aware that big brother may have just given the Junta a good reason to keep her a wee bit longer in protective custody?

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The banner should read "Thaksin and Yingluck the comedy duo appearing daily".

With police/security chiefs threatening to sneak into opposition camps in disguise, opposition leaders threatening retaliation by means of a fist fight, this latest scenario is only the latest in a comedy of errors that is fast making Thailand the laughing stock of the world.This is only one reason why Thailand will always be a "3rd world country"

37d869783e80197f27e4019bcad866bb1fb1de4f

Thaksin at the Council on Foreign Relations. Birds of a feather, flock together......Tik-Tok Thailand!

Oh my. So near, but yet so far. Yes, definitely CFR. But Thaksin doesn't run the world. Here are the photos that prove who do. Go ahead, deny it but this is photographic proof TWICE as strong as yours:

attachicon.gifangelina-clooney.jpg

Are you kidding me? If you knew anything about the CFR, you would know that the outer-ring of membership is reserved for pretty faced movie stars and celebrities so they can promote the CFR's feel-good programs. The inner-ring of membership is something entirely different, and is reserved for the elites and the people who actually run this planet. Sure, Thaksin doesn't run the world, but his friends do. Tik-Tok Thailand.....

i posted this on the 13th January this year.

In my 35 years of living here I've watched the poor become politically aware and that's why they vote for PTP.

Democrats are just the old clique, recycled again and again.

Every General when he retires moves straight into the businesses he cultivated through graft and favours during his time in the forces.

It has always been.

That is why the military won't let go of their grip on the throat of the Thai people.

The old families from earliest times control 90% of the economy.

Why would they let the poor spoil their party?

PTP and Thaksin recognised this and brought policies to give them a better go.

The yellows, Suthep and his ilk are just puppets for the real power in Thailand.

Thaksin was an upstart who didn't want to play in their game.

Reminds me a little of Anwar Ibrahim's situation in Malaysia.

He didn't want to play by Mahathir Mohammed's rules so trumped up charges were used to silence him.

Thaksin wasn't a cleanskin, show me one Thai politician who is, but when it suited the Dems, they dragged out the corruption mantra to demonise him.

And all the little public servants in their offices were told to get down to the airport in a yellow shirt and shut it down.

This is as transparent a game as one could wish to see.

I doubt whether the people will ever have real political power here until the military are told to do as they are instructed by a democratically elected government.

As seen in most Western democracies.

That is why Suthep came out with that outrageous idea of an unelected "people's council", they don't want an election, they can't win one.

So the tanks will be rumbling down the streets very soon.

How's that for a prediction?

YEP! and you did what so many are unable to do. That is to get the facts right ! congratulations.coffee1.gif

Bobmac,

I agree with a lot of what you say, but let's not forget that Thaksin was/is bringing this country down with massive privatization schemes to empower only his greedy power-lust family. He's siding with the US right now with TPP (Trans Pacific Partnership) military bases, oil deals....who knows what else.

Thaksin's pace is unparalleled in Thai history. I believe that the "other" family is quite concerned about his unusually fast paced grab for power. One can't just say, "Oh, but he helped the poor while the Dems have never done anything." As if Thaksin really gives a hoot about the poor....laughable....a billionaire caring for the poor? The Royal family has done more than Thaksin in rural areas with social assistance. The Shiniwatres are NOT the answer to this country's problems, and they are NEITHER a step in the right direction as you seemingly propose. If you are proposing that.

Actions speak louder than words.

he did what the Dems in 50 years never did, acknowledge the poor.

That's why they keep on re-electing him.

If the military and the elites think they can somehow force the people of Thailand to accept a government chosen for them...... they're dreaming and so is anyone else who thinks like that.

This "we know what's best for you uneducated poor" won't wear it any more.

It's too late... and this is going to turn out very bad for Thailand unless the military get out of politics.

The Thais need to learn about democracy, mistakes included.

This paternalistic attitude I keep hearing from so many ex-pats "oh they needed to step in" rubbish.

How many hopeless governments has the UK had? The Ted heath debacle...Thatcher's last months.... Tony Blair and WMD in Iraq I didn't see the army stepping in and taking over.

It's all about keeping the big end of town in control for a while longer.

The generals' wives fly 1st class to Paris for a shopping trip.

• Like 1

Let me see An Non thai telling thai's that a fugitive and his deposed sister are going to start a government in exile. If I got this correct according to the Knucklehead who made the announcement to the world. Thaskin has been on the run for god knows how many years and now he is basically declaring war on Thailand and Thai people, Because if he tried this his Sister is at present a guest of the Military and at present they hold all the cards The Junta leader can revoke her passport and his Request an arrest where ever he is bring him back to Thailand an excute him for treason. They could hold Yingluck for treason try her and if found guilty excute her also. And anyone else involved in the plot. A person of other country interferring with the government of another country can be held and tried for crimes against that country. If I were Amsterdam I would find a rock and crawl back under it. Thai's don't play games Especially involving there Country or hasn't he read any Thai history?

Trying Yingluck for treason, let alone executing her would backfire, and turn the Junta into total pariahs worldwide. It's International news that she has been detained, and the world will be watching to see what happens to her.

Very few countries in the world would accept an arrest warrant for either Thaksin or Amsterdam, especially one served by a Junta which has (as will be argued) toppled an elected government and replaced it with military rule.

The Junta may be able to control opposition within the country, but not outside.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Thaksin at the Council on Foreign Relations. Birds of a feather, flock together......Tik-Tok Thailand!

Oh my. So near, but yet so far. Yes, definitely CFR. But Thaksin doesn't run the world. Here are the photos that prove who do. Go ahead, deny it but this is photographic proof TWICE as strong as yours:

Are you kidding me? If you knew anything about the CFR, you would know that the outer-ring of membership is reserved for pretty faced movie stars and celebrities so they can promote the CFR's feel-good programs. The inner-ring of membership is something entirely different, and is reserved for the elites and the people who actually run this planet. Sure, Thaksin doesn't run the world, but his friends do. Tik-Tok Thailand.....

Funny how those ultra powerful persons, try as they might, can't seem to hide their true intentions from you and your ilk.

That must make you feel so...special.

Dream on,

There is no money to be stolen unless you governing inside Thailand ,

Who in the rest of the world is going to recognise a convicted criminal fugative as a Countries leader, other than maybe a few countries also run by criminals.

You really do have such a short memory Gunna! Don't you know that Nelson Mandela was a convicted criminal.

Just like Thaksin, he was put through a kangaroo court by his political enemies, but eventually came out on top. So in your ignorance, i think that you had better watch out for the likes of Thaksin and the reds. Anyhow, good luck in your dreams, they can only fail in the long run, because the masses are against your lot ruling the roost down in Bangkok. coffee1.gif

Jeez, do you really think Nelson Mandela and Thaksin are similar.

Mandela never denied he broke the law, served his time and when finally freed rose to be one the greatest leader the world has seen. He never allowed things to bitter him, took vengeance and certainly wasn't a common thief. He brought a very divided and unjust society together and avoided the total destruction of his country through vision, leadership and honesty.

Thaksin fled his punishment, avoids appealing or facing 15 other charges, has lied and cheated and been caught, refuses to obey the law, openly favors and enriches his family at the county's expense, finances rebellion and is quite prepared to destroy his country in his vain lust for power and greed to wealth.

See the difference?

No.......... you probably can't.

Go back, read my post again and then do not try to put your words and interpretation to it. Do not be so arrogant as to misinterpret what i said. Basically , although i know that you are incapable of understanding,

1) They both were convicted by a biased court.

2) They were both convicted on vengeful charges.

I did not say that there was no difference between the two, that is only your "one eyed attitude " saying that. Like so many here you are guided by the Democrat party who just cannot accept the fact that they are not the preferred ruling party of Thailand, thinking that they are born to rule and will do anything to stop the choice of the masses, to the point of robbing them of their chance to vote for whom they wish. Not all Dem supporters are rich, but most dream that they are and allow themselves to be brainwashed into supporting their superiors.

Little hope for you, just gets worse really.

1. Mandela never said the court that convicted him was biased, He broke the law, such as it was at that time, and paid the price. He knew it was an unjust society and that would one day change. But, he also knew the law was the law. It was not vengeful, and he never claimed it was.

2. Only Thaksin's supporters claim the court that convicted him of fraud was politically motivated. Presumably they think he should be above the law when he was PM. Read the evidence and the law. You won't like it, but the facts speak for themselves. He was as guilty as hell which is why he did a runner and didn't appeal - he didn't have any legal grounds for appeal and sorry, can we give the money back didn't cut the mustard. We'll never know about the other 15 charges because he chooses to stay on the run.

I'm not a Thai Democrat Party supporter, nor do I profess to have interviewed any. I do know that the difference in votes for PTP and the Democrats wasn't huge last time and that the vote base of PTP has likely weakened because of the various fiascoes they've presided over. I doubt they are brainwashed to the extent suffered by those at the hands of the red shirts in rural environments however, purely based on observation.

You think the courts that convicted Mandela and Thaksin were kangaroo courts because you don't like the verdicts. Up to you. But, don't think your opinion is fact - it isn't, like much of what you post. PTP/UDD and their PR machine love to try and portray Thaksin as some benevolent, unjustly treated, innocent who genuinely just wants to help the country he loves. Fall for that brainwashing if you want to.

• Like 1

Cancel his passports.

Break off diplomatic ties with any country that allows him to continue political activities that would result in unrest in Thailand.

Secretariat all his family assets in Thailand.

Investigate him, his family, his cronies, etc. for financial irregularities and prosecute them for graft.

I guess the passport that Suraphong grovelling flew out to him in Dubai with is about to get cancelled and any other Thai passports he might have acquired. It doesn't matter because he has a Montenegrin one and possibly Nicaraguan, Fijian and Ugandan ones. Yingluck must also have a Montenegrin one by now. The plan probably involves getting the NACC to fast track criminal cases against Yingluck and others, principally due to the rice pledging. Now that there is no longer a Senate for them impeach people in, their workload is reduced. The impeachment cases against 50 senators and 200 odd former MPs over the Senate Reform Bill would have been very time consuming. If the NACC has strong evidence of fraud by Boonsong, Thum et al in the rice scheme, now would be a good time to start revealing it to let the farmers know exactly who took their money and where it went.

If the USA is not a democracy then why do they spout off so much about being the home of democracy and all that propaganda. Total hypocrisy. You know I, as with many folk over the World used to respect and admire the USA but now I think they suck big time by their Corporate run extreme right wing Government run corruption and a total disrespect for true people power democracy and the arrogance and hypocrisy, so very much like the psyche of Thaksin who also puts money and corporate power above people. BTW I am British and used to love my country but I cannot say I do now as it is another corporate run USA puppet nation and sadly almost as corrupt as the USA too.

Thanks for your opinion about current US-Thai relations, at least unlike most posts, it's well-reasoned, if wrong. -)

As for your opinions of the US and UK, aren't you glad you (still) have the right to type that? I bet a few million Thais would be jealous if they knew. Since it's Thai Visa, they never will.

I was unaware that "they" claim the US is home of democracy, which it certainly is not, and I can't come up with an immediate reference at all. The US government "claims" it is a federal republic. I can't find any reference where any reliable or government or similar source says otherwise, and certainly one where it describes the US as "a democracy". Fact is that during the forming of the USA, the "founding fathers" debated what form of government they wanted, and democracy was debated quite heatedly for some time before it was rejected, for the reason that the majority could too easily become a tyranny. The federal republic system that was adopted included some democratic institutions starting with elections, but it was made clear the USA was not to be a democracy. A few minutes with Google can confirm that, and you can spend years researching it, some authors and scholars have.

Personally, repeat personally I kind of like the CIA Factbook's description for the US: "Constitution-based federal republic; strong democratic tradition."

The human rights Americans brag about (rightly so) like speech, and religion and gun ownership - the bill of rights? These are not democratic rights. On the contrary, they are NATURAL rights and cannot be removed by the legislature like some dirty filthy law. The courts have to make this point over and over again to ridiculous legislators, but that's what the courts do.

Where this "home of democracy" stuff you're finding rests, I do not know. Lots of people say "oh, yeah, the US is a democracy" in short form, but darned if I've ever heard anyone claim it is the home of democracy, that's a brand new one on me. These days it seems 99.734 per cent of people are historically challenged but "home of democracy"?

I don't think there even was a USA in 1066 for example, or am I wrong? Anyway, I'm almost positive Athens came before George Washington? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

I wonder if Ms. Yingluck at her undisclosed location is aware that big brother may have just given the Junta a good reason to keep her a wee bit longer in protective custody?

When did he do that, in the last few minutes? Got a link?

Or are you simply unaware that Thaksin has said no such thing, ever, but you wish so very hard that he did say it that you think it came true?

• Like 1

A government in exile is the right step. It will show to the whole world, that the military dictatorship has no legitimacy. The government in exile must also keep the seat in the UN, another proof that the junta has no legal right and is illegal.

Since you were planning on moving to the PPI, how's the chances of Thaksin setting up say, on Clark air base?

A government in exile might also show the world Thaksin has no legitimacy.

0% chance. ASEAN has historically bent over backwards to stay out of each other's internal affairs. Example: Myanmar.

Mandela was the leader of a group that planned terrorist acts and accepted that was against the law which remained the case after he became president.

Thaksin was clearly guilty in the Ratchadapisek Land case. His wife bought state assets at an auction that was rigged by persuading other bidders to drop out or bid low in the second round. Thaksin couldn't deny all knowledge because he signed the spousal approval for his wife to acquire the land. The very fact that his wife bought state assets at auction at any price, even without his knowledge, would have been enough to force a PM to resign in any developed democracy. The ruling in T's assets confiscation case was much more flaky though. It was obvious that he had used policy corruption to benefit the businesses he effectively owned and controlled but the judges' methodology in calculating the amount was flawed. Perhaps it would have been better to take the lot.

But these are the only cases that ever came to fruition against Thaksin. What is not known is what would have happened in the other 8 or 9 cases pending against him. Hopefully one of the upcoming reforms will be abolish the statute of limitations retroactively for corruption cases or, at least, stop the clock if the defendant flees abroad. Then the cases can sit there until he is dead.

• Like 1

Or are you simply unaware that Thaksin has said no such thing, ever, but you wish so very hard that he did say it that you think it came true?

Well, you can bet the family silver that this won't help any......

Posted 9 minutes ago

RT@Saksith: Thaksin tweeted again, saying ”as an elected PM,” he is ”saddened” by ”tragic events caused by another coup”: twitter.com/ThaksinLive/st…

RT@2Bangkok: @ThaksinLive Thaksin is tweeting again asking that at all parties be given rule of law and respect for human rights

Edited by Rob8891

You're absolutely right. I really need to start learning how to interpret what I read.

It is just Robert A. who said Thaksin has revealed plans to set up a government in exile and some source mentioned "It is understood Ms Yingluck and several former ministers now being detained plan to join the protester-led government."

Ms. Yingluck hasn't been heard of yet, difficult without her mobile.

Funny how those ultra powerful persons, try as they might, can't seem to hide their true intentions from you and your ilk.

That must make you feel so...special.

Ilk? Ouch! Just having a conversation here, Sir. Anyway, there's a pattern developing in world events that's undeniable. You can analyze these events and look at the facts, and it leads back to the same organizations every time. I'm no black helicopter/tin foil hat type of guy, I just look at the facts. This announcement by Thaksin's Camp is a trial balloon to gauge the response, and to telegraph the future events to come. You don't need a crystal ball or a hotline with the head office at the CFR to figure that out. Research the lead-up to events in Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and many others places where "color revolutions" have taken place. Good day to you sir.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Carlyle_Group

Yes indeed, and they will be a comedy duo, that is until the first foreign nation recognizes them wink.png Should the U.N., E.U., U.S., Japan or another major country recognize them as the rightful leaders of a government in exile, then the comedy will not be so funny for those military leaders who put themselves out on a limb. If they do indeed set up a government in exile then I think that the U.N. would likely be the first to recognize them and start sanctions against Thailand wai2.gif

Do you have any example of that happening in the past? A country like Japan wants to preserve its own interests. They have a lot of a investments here. Won't risk it. USA will implement some symbolic sanctions but will not cut off ties.

"We are unsure of her whereabouts because the military confiscated her mobile phones"

I imagine she is curled up under a desk in the fetal position - isn't doing this to a female in Thailand a clear violation of human rights?

• Like 1

If the USA is not a democracy then why do they spout off so much about being the home of democracy and all that propaganda. Total hypocrisy. You know I, as with many folk over the World used to respect and admire the USA but now I think they suck big time by their Corporate run extreme right wing Government run corruption and a total disrespect for true people power democracy and the arrogance and hypocrisy, so very much like the psyche of Thaksin who also puts money and corporate power above people. BTW I am British and used to love my country but I cannot say I do now as it is another corporate run USA puppet nation and sadly almost as corrupt as the USA too.

Thanks for your opinion about current US-Thai relations, at least unlike most posts, it's well-reasoned, if wrong. -)

As for your opinions of the US and UK, aren't you glad you (still) have the right to type that? I bet a few million Thais would be jealous if they knew. Since it's Thai Visa, they never will.

I was unaware that "they" claim the US is home of democracy, which it certainly is not, and I can't come up with an immediate reference at all. The US government "claims" it is a federal republic. I can't find any reference where any reliable or government or similar source says otherwise, and certainly one where it describes the US as "a democracy". Fact is that during the forming of the USA, the "founding fathers" debated what form of government they wanted, and democracy was debated quite heatedly for some time before it was rejected, for the reason that the majority could too easily become a tyranny. The federal republic system that was adopted included some democratic institutions starting with elections, but it was made clear the USA was not to be a democracy. A few minutes with Google can confirm that, and you can spend years researching it, some authors and scholars have.

Personally, repeat personally I kind of like the CIA Factbook's description for the US: "Constitution-based federal republic; strong democratic tradition."

The human rights Americans brag about (rightly so) like speech, and religion and gun ownership - the bill of rights? These are not democratic rights. On the contrary, they are NATURAL rights and cannot be removed by the legislature like some dirty filthy law. The courts have to make this point over and over again to ridiculous legislators, but that's what the courts do.

Where this "home of democracy" stuff you're finding rests, I do not know. Lots of people say "oh, yeah, the US is a democracy" in short form, but darned if I've ever heard anyone claim it is the home of democracy, that's a brand new one on me. These days it seems 99.734 per cent of people are historically challenged but "home of democracy"?

I don't think there even was a USA in 1066 for example, or am I wrong? Anyway, I'm almost positive Athens came before George Washington? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Couldn't some federal system be the answer for Thailand? Or at least a lot more decentralization with resources and accountability delegated to the provinces?

• Like 1

You're absolutely right. I really need to start learning how to interpret what I read.

It is just Robert A. who said Thaksin has revealed plans to set up a government in exile and some source mentioned "It is understood Ms Yingluck and several former ministers now being detained plan to join the protester-led government."

"I really need to start learning how to interpret what I read." rolleyes.gif

I've tried to help you before, rubl, you know that.

In the meantime, Yingluck, if Prayuth takes any notice of the law he is invoking, will not be able to be held longer than 7 days without charge. For those interested, he has dusted off the 100 year old Martial Law Act of 1914. It also provides immunity for any abuses committed by the army, handy , eh?

• Like 1

Yes indeed, and they will be a comedy duo, that is until the first foreign nation recognizes them wink.png Should the U.N., E.U., U.S., Japan or another major country recognize them as the rightful leaders of a government in exile, then the comedy will not be so funny for those military leaders who put themselves out on a limb. If they do indeed set up a government in exile then I think that the U.N. would likely be the first to recognize them and start sanctions against Thailand wai2.gif

Do you have any example of that happening in the past? A country like Japan wants to preserve its own interests. They have a lot of a investments here. Won't risk it. USA will implement some symbolic sanctions but will not cut off ties.

Why don't people just use the internet - it's not just there for facebook. A first glance reveals 20 governments in exile during WW2 and 10 listed as of 2008. There's probably more, Tibet for example.

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

"We are unsure of her whereabouts because the military confiscated her mobile phones"

I imagine she is curled up under a desk in the fetal position - isn't doing this to a female in Thailand a clear violation of human rights?

Your imagination does not amount to an abuse of human rights.

"I really need to start learning how to interpret what I read." rolleyes.gif

I've tried to help you before, rubl, you know that.

In the meantime, Yingluck, if Prayuth takes any notice of the law he is invoking, will not be able to be held longer than 7 days without charge. For those interested, he has dusted off the 100 year old Martial Law Act of 1914. It also provides immunity for any abuses committed by the army, handy , eh?

I knew I could count on you for some words of comfort, my dear fabs.

In the mean time since politicians only continued arguing for seven months with the nightly gunfire and grenades going on, it is clear that any organisation which is brave enough to put a stop to it and (hopefully) will start with real reforms, will want to be absolved of crimes by law. The romans did something similar with their dictators in the early days.

BTW your 'abuses' suggests more than it really means.

Anyway, another topic already mentioned that Ms. Yingluck was to be released within three to seven days. Mind you I would assume she will be prohibited to leave the country without asking permission first.

Edited by rubl

Why don't people just use the internet - it's not just there for facebook. A first glance reveals 20 governments in exile over the years.

Not functioning though.

The Shah of Isaan?

In the mean time since politicians only continued arguing for seven months with the nightly gunfire and grenades going on, it is clear that any organisation which is brave enough to put a stop to it and (hopefully) will start with real reforms, will want to be absolved of crimes by law. The romans did something similar with their dictators in the early days.

Anyway, another topic already mentioned that Ms. Yingluck was to be released within three to seven days. Mind you I would assume she will be prohibited to leave the country without asking permission first.

We'll see. The Romans had laws protecting their Dictators? - interesting, but this is 2014, rubl.

We'll see. The Romans had laws protecting their Dictators? - interesting, but this is 2014, rubl.

Actually 2557 I think, but some parts of Thailand maybe still in 19th Century.