US envoy Kenney criticised

Lite Beer

100% Agree and yes I'm an AMERICAN.

Yes, many Americans who move to Thailand sadly abandon the principles their parent country were founded upon. Thankfully, I am not one of them.

Kenney is doing a good job representing US interests in Thailand and defending the rights of the people of both countries with her actions and words. If you truly prefer living in a military dictatorship then by all means enjoy yourself while it lasts. coffee1.gif

America has abandoned its own founding principles quite some time ago. Domestic politics became all about image and doing one's best to destroy that of the other party. It's a superficial practically two party system where ideals are replaced by utter propaganda. Your mass media are amongst the most manipulative in the world where nowadays even comedy shows are used to wrap political messages. Corporations are running your country now, not your politicians. And let's not even begin about American foreign policy and its effects and the resentment it's creating.

The Thai are very clear: don't mess with their internal affairs for whatever reason. And don't project your own American dogma on a country with a completely different culture. Especially Americans have a few lessons to learn about keeping an open mind, not in the least toward their own society.

And no I'm not American. I come from the country with the second highest freedom of press in the world. You can look up which one that is.

So what do you think of press censorship then?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, many Americans who move to Thailand sadly abandon the principles their parent country were founded upon. Thankfully, I am not one of them.

Kenney is doing a good job representing US interests in Thailand and defending the rights of the people of both countries with her actions and words. If you truly prefer living in a military dictatorship then by all means enjoy yourself while it lasts. coffee1.gif

Whats wrong with you? You more than anybody can see the Armies actions were not done to end democracy. It was done to end the political hatred and corruption that had taken hold in the 2 major parties and to quell a blood bath. YOU know darn well if political parties started to defy laws and entice terrorism in the US that they would have an Army of feds with shoot to kill orders be they pro or anti Gov. The US is not above what is happening here. They are just more devious in how they resolve it. Thailand needed this reset or would you prefer a civil war like the US had. Thai democracy is still young and learning how it works. But any idiot can see it was NOT working and the parties had twisted everything to benefit themselves.

I think as long as the Army is making progress to end the madness of Thak and Suthep and that they do all they can to restor democracy then they are doing a good job and should not be condemned. They are trying to save the country from its kown self destruction which was getting closer and closer every day.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So if these coups were so wonderful, why didn't they work the previous 11 times? Because they lack political legitimacy. Sadly this coup has again sullied the reputation of the military and makes civil war more likely than less. Had the general limited himself to martial law and protecting the Democratic process than that would have been fine. But they were not interested in doing that. They also wanted to shape the outcome. Something they have no right to do.

Diddums do it to you, oh never mind, have a nice brandy coffee, accept it all , don't get yourself worked up the lads will sort it out, slowly and fairly.

America has abandoned its own founding principles quite some time ago. Domestic politics became all about image and doing one's best to destroy that of the other party. It's a superficial practically two party system where ideals are replaced by utter propaganda. Your mass media are amongst the most manipulative in the world where nowadays even comedy shows are used to wrap political messages. Corporations are running your country now, not your politicians. And let's not even begin about American foreign policy and its effects and the resentment it's creating.

The Thai are very clear: don't mess with their internal affairs for whatever reason. And don't project your own American dogma on a country with a completely different culture. Especially Americans have a few lessons to learn about keeping an open mind, not in the least toward their own society.

And no I'm not American. I come from the country with the second highest freedom of press in the world. You can look up which one that is.

With you bringing it up, take a trip down memory lane and look up what Thaksin did during his dictatorial reign ---Thai Rak----TV propaganda-----no opposition voice allowed---I remember I was here. then you will know what censorship really was.

With you bringing it up, take a trip down memory lane and look up what Thaksin did during his dictatorial reign ---Thai Rak----TV propaganda-----no opposition voice allowed---I remember I was here. then you will know what censorship really was.

couldn't care less about Thaksin. How was press censorship under pm Yingluck?

What the US and her rep's do is their business, as for me I think the Australian gov should STOP 100% of support and impose trade sanctions for a number of reasons, including undemocratic behavior and human trafficking censorship, the list go's on The problem is that The Dem's and other groups simply will not play by the democratic rules, or respect the umpires decision (the voters) and if you won't follow the rules and respect the umpires call then don't play the game...

so you are saying that PT that won election once can break the rules and laws as they see fit?

DID you read my post??? I'll say it slowly for you ok,

If you don't follow the rules and respect the umpire's call ( the voters) then don't play the game.

care to tell us just when did the Dem's last win an election? Wow it's been a while huh?

My condescending reply is due to your condescending statement.

condescending? in what way was my reply condescending? you ought to look in the mirror m8.

you condemned dem and other group for not play by the democratic rules, so i asked you if it is your opinion that a party that follow democratic rules can break the rules of law as they see fit?

a simple question but you retort by using rhetoric and try to provoke me.

not okey m8.

Micheal Yon???

Hahaha. Hahaha .....I think not even his dog would find him credible - if he had one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Yon

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/

http://asp.militarygear.com/2013/09/24/michael-yon-integrity-check/

And this ...

Over the years, I’ve gotten a LOT of emails from Michael Yon. I usually just confuse them for some drunk chimpanzee that probably stole his researcher’s computer and simply ignore them. After all, I don’t exist to answer the innumerable queries of a man who refuses to answer for his actions. Michael Yon is good at demanding “accountability” from others while refusing to be accountable himself. So, I ignored him. That’s generally my SOP because it doesn’t matter what I say, Michael Yon will simply edit out what he doesn’t like, twist what he can, and then rearrange my words to suit his narrative. He’s a VERY good fictional writer, so I do need to give him props for that. After all, this is the same man that in 2009 wrote that the only way a writer can make money is to lie. To punctuate that he hasn’t deviated from that script, he even republished that statement a couple of days ago on his own Facebook page:

http://asp.militarygear.com/2014/01/09/michael-yon-continues-to-lose-credibility-if-its-possible-to-lose-more/

To be fair CJ Grisham is not everyones cup of tea either. He advocates the need to carry semi automatic weapons in supermarkets and coffee shops .. in a right to bear arms case in Texas.

But I agree Yon is a fruitcake!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-195835-14013262840374_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I did not say I preferred living in a military dominant country, I do, because I live here and accept it. It is far far better than living a lie with the PTP over the last 3 years that's why for now I will go along with this cleanup.

I said my piece early on on this thread re envoy Kenny, so no more about that -look it up on the early page.

The Thaksin era re censorship was fact, ruthless is the word--one sided news only.

All this American view I am not bothered about, only Kenny's feedback I believe has not been strong enough.

Yingluck’s government blocked and closed down nearly 22,000 URLs between December 7, 2011 and October 21, 2013; compared to 2,700 closed down by former prime minister Abhisit’s administration.

As for the press there is no need to censor them when yingluck simply ignored then or said "I was not aware of this" or "I will have to investigate this" or "I cannot comment at this stage"

There is actually a petition to get Kenney removed from country. Wont post or link it due to forum rules though.

She enjoyed a lovely Sunday Buffet lunch 3 Sunday's ago at Plaza Athenee. We were at the next table.

• Like 1

Yingluck’s government blocked and closed down nearly 22,000 URLs between December 7, 2011 and October 21, 2013; compared to 2,700 closed down by former prime minister Abhisit’s administration.

As for the press there is no need to censor them when yingluck simply ignored then or said "I was not aware of this" or "I will have to investigate this" or "I cannot comment at this stage"

There is actually a petition to get Kenney removed from country. Wont post or link it due to forum rules though.

She enjoyed a lovely Sunday Buffet lunch 3 Sunday's ago at Plaza Athenee. We were at the next table.

Do you follow Michael Yon?

Stalking is illegalthumbsup.gif

Maybe I drunk few coffee this morning and I am being slow, but... Sho's stalking who? tongue.png

Maybe I drunk few coffee this morning and I am being slow, but... Sho's stalking who? tongue.png

quote " do you FOLLOW M Yon"

quote "stalking is illegal" (if your stalking-you are following)thumbsup.gif

OK just a bit of a morning joke.smile.png

• Like 1

quote " do you FOLLOW M Yon"

quote "stalking is illegal" (if your stalking-you are following)thumbsup.gif

OK just a bit of a morning joke.smile.png

cheesy.gif Yeah, I thought I got it, but as I said my morning coffee dose wasn't enough lol

• Like 2

yes

The White House gets hundreds of petitions each week, mostly domestic but a number of them foreign.

Be assured Ambassador Kenney has the full and complete confidence of President Obama and SecState John Kerry.

Amb Kenney's three year term expired in January so Prez Obama assigned her to remain in Thailand for at least another year, and another year she shall remain, petitions from the fascist opposition notwithstanding. Amb Kenny is implementing United States policies and priorities in Thailand in full accord with the White House, DepState, the Pentagon, Dept of the Treasury.

Amb Kenney once served on the staff of the White House National Security Council and formerly was Director of the State Department (Global) Operations Center.

Suthep's open letter to Prez Obama and the open letter to him from the dingbat Thai lawyer who'd studied in the United States got their due consideration, which was exactly zero. Same for this petition some equally zero poster has referenced to the thread.

• Like 1

how much of the 3.5m is left after all the "cuts" are taken out ?

with all the support the thai army is still using 1960 vintage U.S. issued pack set radios

They act like they are doing Thailand a big favor. Now they won't let Thailand into their silly little war game. That ought to save Thailand 3 and 1/2 million baht right there.

The goofy states is still giving 17 million to the IRA

you got a link for that IRA bit northernjohn?

• Like 1

Micheal Yon???

Hahaha. Hahaha .....I think not even his dog would find him credible - if he had one

A few minutes in the limelight, in exchange for a few years of hard time. I see his point, but pretending to be a ballsy revolutionist is dramatic and silly of him; bit of a tosser.

gemini81, you're an anti-Thaksinite.

You reckon Michael Yon is a bit of a tosser ? Well yes, I also think so. :)

But I'm not an anti-Thaksinite. Am I a bit of a nasty man, when I have a little smirk looking at Michael Yon's Facebook page ?

In my opinion, he actually damages the anti-Thaksinites with some of the stuff on his wall ! :)

Micheal Yon???

A few minutes in the limelight, in exchange for a few years of hard time. I see his point, but pretending to be a ballsy revolutionist is dramatic and silly of him; bit of a tosser.

gemini81, you're an anti-Thaksinite.

You reckon Michael Yon is a bit of a tosser ? Well yes, I also think so. smile.png

But I'm not an anti-Thaksinite. Am I a bit of a nasty man, when I have a little smirk looking at Michael Yon's Facebook page ?

In my opinion, he actually damages the anti-Thaksinites with some of the stuff on his wall ! smile.png

I don't associate him with any group. Tossers stand alone one handed if you know what I mean. Thats ok if you like the ex PM, doesn't matter as this guy had better make sure he's a Thai national before going out and looking for trouble.He's just making a fool out of himself and has nothing to gain other than a few moments or fame or shame. We agree on that!

• Like 2

Michael Yon is full of his own self importance, and has fabricated plenty of stuff in the past, he's far from the right guy to take any sort of moral high ground, it's rich he uses the word's "thugs" to describe many of the red shirts ( no real argument really) but this coming from a man who punched a man in a bar brawl killing him, when the victim fell and hit his head resulting in his death.

He believes himself to be an "authority" on Thai Politics, but ducked out of a live debate, with AMM, and yet he criticised Yingluck for doing the same?? He's more than a tosser, he's an unstable one, all one needs to do is google the meltdown of MIchael Yon, and you will read that he's "embellished" a lot of stuff over the years..

• Like 1

Added to which even a cursory reading of his piece shows him to be none too bright and none too literate.

In any case no foreigner living in Thailand is going to take a risk by writing a critical piece for publication - even if a publication is willing or able to accept the piece. So the Wons that are around have a clear run.

post-90851-0-38165600-1401405222_thumb.j

Okay, go to Michael Yon's facebook page, and you will notice this silly but slightly dangerous picture that one of Michael's supporters has put up.

The fahlang on the left is, off-course, Putin from Russia. The oriental on the right is not a senior Thai man. Man on the right is the poltical leader of China.

Michael is trying to criticise the American government's comments about this coup in Thailand. At the same time, he hates it when/if his supporters are cheering on Thailand drifting towards Russia and China.

Michael, please stop your campaign to have US Ambassador Kristie Kenney removed.

• Like 1

yes

why am I unsurprised? says it all...

Edited by binjalin
  • Like 2