Prayuth says transfers made for suitability of current situation: Army spokesman

Lite Beer

So when Yingluck moves a insubordinate who is working against her, its cause for her to be dropped from office.. Its a crime.. Cannot happen..

Yet the Army gets in and almost the first thing they do is, exactly that, transfer to inactive posts anyone they dont like.

Hypocrisy much ??

But she promoted her brother-in-law to a higher position which the family benefited from, has the general promoted a relative to any of the vacant positions/

You dont think the people he puts into those vacant places now, are going to be 'his team' ??

Better to have mad dogs in a compound where you can see them than have them roam free.

Ouch!

Very appropriate.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 baht healthcare. - Cost more than it was saving, so Abhisit abolished it so doctors could treat patients rather than do paperwork. Where did the 30 baht go?

Raised minimum wages. - For who? Bangkok only and then again no one followed it. It was supposed to be nationwide. then only degree holders. A promise that couldn't be kept.

Million baht per village fund. - Goes to the heads of the villages to keep support and create Red Shirt Villages. Vote red or your family is threatened.

Massive infrastructure investment (roads electricity etc). Where? A high speed rail for the rich built by a foreign country? What were the other upgrades?

OTOP for a national market for rural goods. - Any product that meets the standard can be sold under OTOP

1st car tax relief / kickback program - People buying cars that couldn't afford it. More traffic, more used cars flooding the market thus new car sales are way down.

Farm subsidies. - Right! The farmers didn't get paid.

What was your point again?

My point is.. That this is what the people voted for !!!

You or I might not like those policies, you or I might think they are flawed, or cost the country too much, or are badly implemented.. But they are policies that the most voters in Thailand chose.

You do not have the right to say "I dont like those policies, so I will say it must be done my way" in a democratic system the majority have the right to implment whatever miss guided policy they want, and to then live with the consequences, the loser has the right to campaign against them and show the voters why what they would do it better.

What are the Dems policies to appeal to the populist vote ??

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They will be transferred to the PM's Office.

What PM? There is no PM anymore

Gen Prayuth is the new PM.

No, he is not, je assumed the powers of PM, and more, but he is no Prime Minister.

Ohh and after my much demanded list of "what did the PTP do".. I notice an absolute silence on my asked for list of what did the dems do for the poor ??

That is except for steal billions through Sutheps palm oil scamming.

Evading discussion again side kicking the question-----Wind up merchant, from the pro gov clan.

I made a brief list.. I ask you to do the same.. How is that me evading..

Again.. The PTP implemented

30 baht healthcare.

Raised minimum wages.

Million baht per village fund.

Massive infrastructure investment (roads electricity etc).

OTOP for a national market for rural goods.

1st car tax relief / kickback program

Farm subsidies.

They also were trying to implement hug infrastructure that would benefit the provinces, but Bangkok doesnt like money spent on high speed rail that helps people move from the north east to bangkok cheaply and easily. Bangkok doesnt like sharing the pie.

So please.. Whats the Dems great list of achievements ?? Or even why do the Dems constantly try to block things like minimum wage for the poor, when the poor makes up the majority of the voters.

It's a rather poor list of "achievements"

-30 baht healthcare. Was not implemented by PTP in the last 3 years, they just reinstated the 30 Baht part after the Democrats made it 0 Baht. They just slapped a service fee to an existing program, whoopie-dee-doo

-Raised minimum wages. And inflation kicked in immediately and personal debt with it. You are free to cite any source that assesses the results of this "achievement".

-Million baht per village fund. Was not started by PTP in the last government...

-Massive infrastructure investment (roads electricity etc). Really? where? Besides rebulding what was destroyed during their mismanagement of the 2011 flood I don't remember any breakthrough in this area from PTP. Pie in the sky bullet trains don't count, by the way.

-OTOP for a national market for rural goods. Was not started by PTP in the last government...

-1st car tax relief / kickback program That ran out of money and did nothing for the country at large, why does the nation need more cars on the roads?

-Farm subsidies. Oh, too embarrasing to type Rice Scheme? If you call that an achievement I agree, it achieve the larges loss of public money in recent history, and sentenced those it was meant to help to economic penury for years to come. Some achievement. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

^^ I agree.. But its a case of "what have the romans done for us" isnt it..

At least something was done, targeting the lowest in society, the Dems have fought every rural upgrade policy each time.. And those people know this !! The Dems seem to want to keep 90% of all economic activity in the capitol which has made a 2 tier country, with bangkok and its 1500 baht cinema tickets, and luxurt brand malls and a rural population living on 5k a month salaries, providing easy low costs housemaids and drivers.

Well the housemaids and drivers outnumber the employers !!

As to infrastructure not happening.. Maybe you havent seen whats happened to the north east in the last decade ?? They have gone from wooden shacks without electricity on dirt roads to driving (first car kickback) pickups and modern built homes of some basic comforts, quality of life in the north east has changed enormously under Thaksin rule. Maybe you dont get out there, maybe you didnt see it a decade back, but it has prospered massively. Look at the rise of home improvement chains like Global House (started in roi et, boomed, profiting off the rise in wealth of the isaan population upgrading their living standard) and creation of entrepreneur wealth based outside of the capital.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/suzynam/2013/07/03/thailands-richest-newcomer-is-a-retailer-who-made-his-fortune-in-nations-poorest-area/

Despite its relative poverty, Isan’s economy is booming, growing at double the pace of Bangkok over the past five years. The average household saw its income rise 40% between 2007 and 2011, a bigger jump than any other part of Thailand.
There are plenty of signs that Isan’s quiet boom will continue, thanks in part to a minimum wage hike that went into effect in January plus generous farm subsidies . Another telling sign is the fact that other Thai tycoons are increasing their investments in the region. Prateep Tangmatitham’s (No. 47) Bangkok development outfit Supalai has plans for a housing development in the northeast province of Udon Thani, as does Anant Asavabhokin’s (No. 18) Land & Houses. The Chirathivat family‘s (No. 2) Central Group, also Bangkok-based, which already has two shopping malls in Isan, opened a $90 million project in another of Isan’s cities, Ubon Ratchathani, in April.
Edited by LivinLOS
  • Like 2

30 baht healthcare. - Cost more than it was saving, so Abhisit abolished it so doctors could treat patients rather than do paperwork. Where did the 30 baht go?

Raised minimum wages. - For who? Bangkok only and then again no one followed it. It was supposed to be nationwide. then only degree holders. A promise that couldn't be kept.

Million baht per village fund. - Goes to the heads of the villages to keep support and create Red Shirt Villages. Vote red or your family is threatened.

Massive infrastructure investment (roads electricity etc). Where? A high speed rail for the rich built by a foreign country? What were the other upgrades?

OTOP for a national market for rural goods. - Any product that meets the standard can be sold under OTOP

1st car tax relief / kickback program - People buying cars that couldn't afford it. More traffic, more used cars flooding the market thus new car sales are way down.

Farm subsidies. - Right! The farmers didn't get paid.

What was your point again?

Oh dear! Same old mistake about the healthcare scheme in more than one post today. The 30 baht co-payment wasn't abolished under Abhisit, but by Mongkul Na Songla in 2007 when he was Public Health Minister in the post-coup government led by Surayud Chulanont. It is true that the fee cost more to collect than it brought in. But this minor technical change hardly affected the scheme at all. The healthcare budget was cut a little however after the 2006 coup.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/481898-thai-health-officials-unsure-about-reviving-bt30-scheme/

It is a common practice to put a small nominal fee onto something to.try to prevent abuse.

In the UK we have exactly the same thing with prescriptions. Wales has made them free and now there are complaints of frivolous prescriptions.

• Like 2

The amnesty was for Thaksins benefit---we all know that so why the dung talk.???

And the law changes in 07 were to backdate and clear the coup makers of crimes committed against the 97 constitution.

What was different ?? Its OK to clear unelected yellow generals, but not Red ex prime ministers who keep winning the popular vote ??

Which red ex pm won a popular vote?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The amnesty was for Thaksins benefit---we all know that so why the dung talk.???

And the law changes in 07 were to backdate and clear the coup makers of crimes committed against the 97 constitution.

What was different ?? Its OK to clear unelected yellow generals, but not Red ex prime ministers who keep winning the popular vote ??

Which red ex pm won a popular vote?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I must be missing your intention with that ?? Tacky won an absolute majority no ?? 2005 election was a land slide 375 or so seats v the Dems at just 90 something.

The first time an elected government went full term and went back for another election in Thai history..

Far too much support for the generals to be accepting that, that kind of power could even reform the military, hence coup, hence the mess we are in.

Edited by LivinLOS

LivinLOS

Hate to break it to you, but thats what 2 opposing viewpoints are...

Wake up boy, for everybody’s sake. I will try and explain it to you again. I made a statement, you responded with your pitiful remarks, thus it was you that wanted to debate or discuss, however you then lecture me on the need to gain debating experience or the like. Is that plain enough for you. Disagree by all means and even state why, but don't keep on attacking all and everybody in sundry when they post as you consistently do. Is it beyond you to use your grey matter to actually post something original? Just to reiterate I don't want to debate with you - got it.

Thats good, stay off this topic as you are contributing diddly squat. I am enjoying LivinLOS taking on the coup warriors.

You may well be enjoying taking on the coup makers but it's stupid really as you have been warned about posting like this---but you do not care anyway the same as PTP. Another wind up merchant.

Could be another big transfer at the end of this. Many going along with this at the moment will be not happy with it, but are as yet unsure what is going to happen or how to protest the coup without ending up dead.

Not going to plan at all and nowhere near the levels of support they enjoyed last time they put Abhisit in power. As Abhisit was the best man they could come up with, they are not even going to be able to match him this time. Very interesting days ahead and we can only assume nobody wants the lead job now as they can see weak support from the start.

At least every serious media is referring to them as a Junta and not their anaccronym of the day.