Suthep, 24 other PDRC leaders released on bail

webfact

"The nine others, who have already been charged in court in terrorism charge, were not required to post any assets as guarantee."

I just love this.

They can go commit more crime, knowing that they won't need to pay more bail money.

Their friends are already in control, there's no risk of them committing more crimes. I fail to see why any bail money was needed at all!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The best Hollywood screen writers could not script the scenes going on here at the moment!

Pity you missed it then, under the 'tenure' of former PT government, when several police officers FOUND GUILTY of murder, etc., and treathening and harassing witnesses, were allowed bail after they appealed the verdict. Oh, and that of the son of that ex-minister, etc., who was acquitted, and re-instated as officer, even promoted, after fleeing 'abroad' for many months, while the evidence vanished and the witnesses lost their memory, so, forget about the shooting a police officer dead at point blank range in front of CCTV and many tens witnessing it. And an heir of an energy drink, etc., owning family, who proved that in real life this drink gives you wings, to escape even 1 hour in a cell, after killing a police officer. And ..., and ... Thousands of possible script subjects here, much more 'juicy' than what you seem to focus on.

Ha! There was another recent threat in which many here were asserting that the new regime was being even-handed in its treatment of all sides while others said in reply, 'wait and see'. Looks like those 'others' were right. Abhisit has been out for a while and now sometime-friends, the PDRC, are also enjoying their freedom. Not so for the other side. The mask is falling quickly...

YL is free too.

But anyone not understanding that keeping the reds a bit longer to make sure there are no terrorist attacks or uprisings v.s no risk from the anti government side is not thinking clear.

The army wants to prevent a red uprising that could cost countless lives if it happens. Now without leaders and finances those chances are less. There is no risk from the anti government to do such a thing.

Logic dear friend logic.

• Like 2

Ha! There was another recent threat in which many here were asserting that the new regime was being even-handed in its treatment of all sides while others said in reply, 'wait and see'. Looks like those 'others' were right. Abhisit has been out for a while and now sometime-friends, the PDRC, are also enjoying their freedom. Not so for the other side. The mask is falling quickly...

YL is free too.

But anyone not understanding that keeping the reds a bit longer to make sure there are no terrorist attacks or uprisings v.s no risk from the anti government side is not thinking clear.

The army wants to prevent a red uprising that could cost countless lives if it happens. Now without leaders and finances those chances are less. There is no risk from the anti government to do such a thing.

Logic dear friend logic.

The problem with your 'logic' is that anyone planning to stage an uprising would not report for detention now, would they?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

​A Medal for stopping elections and ordinary people voting ? What a hero that man is

yes...he,s in line for the nobel peace prize alt=biggrin.png>

YL is free too.

Logic dear friend logic.

But by being seen to be biased towards one side is there not more of a risk of flare up or people seeing this clearly as a coup in line with PDRC policy

• Like 2

YL is free too.

Logic dear friend logic.

The problem with your 'logic' is that anyone planning to stage an uprising would not report for detention now, would they?

When they were caught they did not know they were going to be detained. Remember it came as a surprise to everyone. Only the people who reported later knew.

• Like 1

YL is free too.

Logic dear friend logic.

Are telling us that those like this gent post-12069-0-12464100-1401086177_thumb.j

Who with some others who have refused to report http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/728696-catch-me-if-you-can-red-leader/ are planning to stage an uprising ?

All I ask is that the curfew be lifted outside Bangkok so that the tourists will stay and still keep coming. Then if the General could let us have the BBC world news, CNN channels and radio back that would be nice. Just let life get back to normal for those of us who just want to live a peaceful life.

After that, he should look at establishing an independent office to investigate corruption, similar to the ICAC in Hong Kong, with wide sweeping powers to arrest, etc. This might just clean things up a bit. It is clear that unless the new constitution addresses this issue it will be business as usual for the politicians when democracy is re-established.

• Like 1

All I ask is that the curfew be lifted outside Bangkok so that the tourists will stay and still keep coming. Then if the General could let us have the BBC world news, CNN channels and radio back that would be nice. Just let life get back to normal for those of us who just want to live a peaceful life.

After that, he should look at establishing an independent office to investigate corruption, similar to the ICAC in Hong Kong, with wide sweeping powers to arrest, etc. This might just clean things up a bit. It is clear that unless the new constitution addresses this issue it will be business as usual for the politicians when democracy is re-established.

Its a coup!

hehehehehe It is there country boys they do not jump nor pander to your whims. Get over it it works for them

I suppose that depends on your definition of 'works'.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Interesting posts on this topic. Still wonder why no one bothered about

"Suthep and 10 other leaders were led from a military camp to the Office of the Attorney General to face insurrection charge"

Obviously and clearly for all to see a certain bias is displayed smile.png

• Like 1

The best Hollywood screen writers could not script the scenes going on here at the moment!

The could and they could do it as we write provided they could get any accurate data from Thailand. I guess you meant "contrive" or "imagine", huh?

"Suthep and 10 other leaders were led from a military camp to the Office of the Attorney General to face insurrection charge"

And Yingluck already free to walk with no charges to answer.

I think it is a case of Red Rabies Rubi that has them all frothing illogically at the keyboard

• Like 1

And Yingluck already free to walk with no charges to answer.

I think it is a case of Red Rabies Rubi that has them all frothing illogically at the keyboard

Not quite yet, perhaps

Military is still detaining former premier Yingluck : reports

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Military-is-still-detaining-former-premier-Yingluc-30234625.html

Edited by Morch

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Seems everybody gets bail in Thailand!

Why Not!

Aren't you consider innocent until proved guilty in a Court of Law, or in this case a Military Tribunal? They haven't been charged for Murder, and they are not a Flight Risk with no Passports and authorities watching. They also have not been convicted of any crime as of yet, although they still may be under House Arrest. So why should they hold them in jail, at the tax payers expense?

What do you think happens in Canada, UK, and Good Ole USA to people charged with a crime less than murder or rape, but have not had there day in court yet either?

Would it be "Bail"?

The Law is supposed to be applied equally and fairly to everyone. So just because you have more money than most, making it easier to escape and hide out a long time, that doesn't mean you have to stay locked up until your Court Date, when someone with less money gets to get out on Bail.

I think this is fair.

I think that Khun Suthep and the other Anti-Demonstration leaders should get a metal for sticking their necks out and peacefully leading demonstrations for six month, even so fellow demonstrators kept getting attacked, injured and killed.

If it was not for Khun Suthep and all the faithful demonstrators out there, Thaksin would be back with full Amnesty and the would continue raping the Country. wai2.gif

What a load of rubbish, a lot of people were stopped from earning a livelihood because of ths man wanting to make a name for himself. There is only one way to bring down a government in any democracy, and that's at the ballot box. there will always be a Suthep ar a Scargill who say they always want to live in a democracy, but they are just hypocrites.

Is there any government in any country who do not put themselves first and always want their noses in the trough? We know Thailands like that and I know the UK is similar, I'm sure most of the TV members will believe their country is the same.

• Like 1

Releasing those on bail, have the authorities confiscated their passports? It never seems to get mentioned. I wonder why?

I'm not clear why no one looks into Thai law. All accused (in the criminal court system) have the right to bail. Everyone. No matter the charge. People are denied bail in very unusual circumstances, mostly flight risk or if the judge thinks the perp will threaten witnesses.

I think Suthep is the man who taught Thaksin how to be corrupt. I wouldn't pour your wine on him if he spontaneously combusted at the next table to us. But he is just as entitled to correct justice as you and me, and the court has acted completely according to the law here.

And I would also point out that the dreadful Thaksin person left Thailand with the permission of the court. The judge specifically authorised him (and his wife at that time) their passports and gave them permission to leave. Thaksin only lied about returning, hoodwinking the judge, who acted pretty much like any judge, anywhere in Thailand, would act, and rightly so under Thai law. He was a Supreme Court judge, you may recall.

Suthep has no reason to leave Thailand and every reason to stay here. As of now, on those charges, he is the lowest flight risk outside of my neighbour's pet python. Even a token 100,000 baht is just a formal gesture on both sides, a step above a wink, nod and handshake.

I can't believe I am defending the country's two biggest criminals and the often unreliable and... shall we agree on "quirky"?... quirky courts. But everything here today went down in a completely legal manner and at some point even the ThaiVisa Team Of Legal Experts just has to accept that.

I wonder if anyone has thought about an across the board amnesty...

Already under discussion, although only for the law-breaking patriotic military officers, toadies and cronies. Really. An amnesty is necessary because they broke the law and right after they are forced to return the country to its rightful owners and regulators, they could face treason charges unless they first get an amnesty law.

cf: 12 other successful coups, 11 unsuccessful coups.

Edited by wandasloan
  • Like 1

They only incited insurrection...

It was the military that committed insurrection.

But then it was inevitable and has there been any killings or bloody attacks since the military took over?

I hope the military see fit to charge all the red shirt, CAPO and PTP Leaders with murder (precedence for this is the trumped up charges against Suthep and Abhisit buy the PTP and CAPO) and as they are more highly likely to abscond they should be held in prison until they are tried.

Edited by Basil B