Suthep, 24 other PDRC leaders released on bail

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

​A Medal for stopping elections and ordinary people voting ? What a hero that man is

ooops I need to correct your posting

You missed out 2 words

​A Medal for stopping unfair elections and paid people voting ?

Yes there are many posters here who agree with you

If you cannot win the race it doesn't mean the race is unfair does it now

Seems to me the race is now being run fair

Both would be corrupt sides are on notice

this can only mean we are way better off than we where 1 week ago

If only 1 innocent child's life is saved because of this, then hurray for the coup

at this point in time I can only see the red shirts who want violence

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that Khun Suthep and the other Anti-Demonstration leaders should get a metal for sticking their necks out and peacefully leading demonstrations for six month, even so fellow demonstrators kept getting attacked, injured and killed.

If it was not for Khun Suthep and all the faithful demonstrators out there, Thaksin would be back with full Amnesty and the would continue raping the Country. wai2.gif

Correct, without Suthep et al, the camel herder would have ended up with all charges dropped and forgotten, however I doubt if he has the necessary b_alls to ever step foot back on Thai soil in the near future - too many big guns pointing in his direction.

Not correct at all. The Amnesty Bill was blocked by the Senate and thrown out. Nothing to do with suthep at all.

sorry to burst your bubble

But you are wrong big time

The Amnesty Bill was blocked by the Senate and sent back to the house of Reps

who could rule the act as law after 180 days had elapsed

that was stopped not by Suthep, he could not do this alone

It was the Thai people who protested

Sutheo was only a figure head

• Like 1

So everyone on the 2nd was paid to vote then?? What an asinine and incredibly stupid comment to make!!

who said EVERYONE was paid to vote ?

are you reading what was written, or what you want to think was written

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

​A Medal for stopping elections and ordinary people voting ? What a hero that man is

ooops I need to correct your posting

You missed out 2 words

​A Medal for stopping unfair elections and paid people voting ?

Yes there are many posters here who agree with you

If you cannot win the race it doesn't mean the race is unfair does it now

Seems to me the race is now being run fair

Both would be corrupt sides are on notice

this can only mean we are way better off than we where 1 week ago

If only 1 innocent child's life is saved because of this, then hurray for the coup

at this point in time I can only see the red shirts who want violence

I would imagine so as at the moment it looks like the coup is following the PDRC's agenda , replace an elected Government , reform the constitution followed by an election , that may be loaded one way to stop the most predictable result. I really do hope that some kind of sanity is brought to the situation by this coup , but I'd assume there are some very frustrated people who voted for the Government that has again been removed from office by the Military. My 2 kids are Thai nationals and I'd like to see some kind of peace breakout as well mate

• Like 1

Oh so you were actually meaning that it was just the "reds" who were paid to vote??

People, would that include those who were paid by the yellows to vote too then?

You're like a stuck record on this vote buying issue, when it's been proven time and time and time and time and time and ....am I boring you yet? and time and time and time again that it doesn't make the slightest difference to the outcome.. The issue is simple really, to win an election, you need to have more votes than the other guy, which the side you cheer lead for has never been able to do.. think about that for a little moment, and again, you keep using this word "we" you don't have a vote, nor a say in Thai politics, your wife does, you don't, so it's "they" have a say.. wink.png

Whilst you're on a morale crusade about the saving of innocent lives being lost, especially the children, perhaps you could take a moment out to reflect that not once have you ever mentioned the almost daily loss of life happening at the hands of Insurgents/extremist down in the South..thank you!! You've been so fixated in your disdain for the Reds, that you've forgotten about the war that's been ongoing for 10 years in the South ;)

Edited by Fat Haggis
  • Like 2

I think that Khun Suthep and the other Anti-Demonstration leaders should get a metal for sticking their necks out and peacefully leading demonstrations for six month, even so fellow demonstrators kept getting attacked, injured and killed.

If it was not for Khun Suthep and all the faithful demonstrators out there, Thaksin would be back with full Amnesty and the would continue raping the Country. wai2.gif

Hope you can pay the full bill of the damage your lover cost us (with us I mean business people)

A loss of billions and yes, billions more than the rice pledge , that is what Suthep did, tearing the country down .

It will take years of tax payers money (assume not yours) to get out of this debs Suthep cost us.

That dog is not worth to be called "Khun"

When you look at the current state of affairs you can say only one thing -

Thanks Suthep for killing Thailand!

well thats the opinion who thinks they glass is half empty

But those who think the glass is half full

Thanks Suthep for saving Thailand!

Sure you are retired.... any business man or company can not agree with Suthep, as he did not save the economy, but killed tourism and economy !

Reading your crap posts I hope as a result of your choice, they get rid of all farangs on "O" visas.

Hope you can pay the full bill of the damage your lover cost us (with us I mean business people)

A loss of billions and yes, billions more than the rice pledge , that is what Suthep did, tearing the country down .

It will take years of tax payers money (assume not yours) to get out of this debs Suthep cost us.

That dog is not worth to be called "Khun"

Sour grapes it would seem need to be countered by insults and a few lies or halftruths.

Now just for the moment imagine what would have happened if Ms. Yinglucks government had been succesfull in their blanket amnesty bill absolving all from 'political related' crimes. Over a period stretching from 2004 till 2013-08-09. Thaksin's last two years in/out of office, first two years of Yingluck administration. How many billions would Thailand have saved by not prosecuting all those allegedly corrupt guys and girls.

Just imagine and start to blame the othersblink.png

When you look at the current state of affairs you can say only one thing -

Thanks Suthep for killing Thailand!

well thats the opinion who thinks they glass is half empty

But those who think the glass is half full

Thanks Suthep for saving Thailand!

Sure you are retired.... any business man or company can not agree with Suthep, as he did not save the economy, but killed tourism and economy !

Reading your crap posts I hope as a result of your choice, they get rid of all farangs on "O" visas.

ikke, sounds like you have dirty dippers, poor baby

rice555

• Like 1

Correct, without Suthep et al, the camel herder would have ended up with all charges dropped and forgotten, however I doubt if he has the necessary b_alls to ever step foot back on Thai soil in the near future - too many big guns pointing in his direction.

Not correct at all. The Amnesty Bill was blocked by the Senate and thrown out. Nothing to do with suthep at all.

I stand corrected on that point re the amnesty bill, mouth open before brain in gear.

No problem. Hell will probably freeze over before kurtgruen admits that he was wrong, though.

If that's what you want to believe, feel free - it was the people wat dun it.

Four coalition partners of Thai government on Saturday signed a joint declaration that they will definitely dump the controversial blanket amnesty bill if it is rejected by the Senate.

The leaders of the Pheu Thai (For Thais) Party and three partners signed the joint declaration at the headquarters of the ruling party.

None of the lawmakers of the coalition parties will reintroduce the amnesty bill and push it through parliament if it is turned down by the Senate on Monday, according to the joint declaration.

Under the constitution, the government, as proponent of the legislation, might otherwise reintroduce it to parliament 180 days after it is turned down by the upper house.

"The coalition government has respected and considered the people's protests against the amnesty bill and in order to keep conflict in society from intensifying, we've decided to issue a joint declaration to assure that we will by no means pick it up again," announced the Pheu Thai Party leader, who is concurrently interior minister.

Edited by fab4

What a load of rubbish, a lot of people were stopped from earning a livelihood because of ths man wanting to make a name for himself. There is only one way to bring down a government in any democracy, and that's at the ballot box. there will always be a Suthep ar a Scargill who say they always want to live in a democracy, but they are just hypocrites.

Is there any government in any country who do not put themselves first and always want their noses in the trough? We know Thailands like that and I know the UK is similar, I'm sure most of the TV members will believe their country is the same.

................."There is only one way to bring down a government in any democracy, and that's at the ballot box."....................

WRONG ! Crooked governments who win power by buying votes (with taxpayers money) and intimidating opposition parties can also be brought down via a coup.

Have you not heard about coups ? whistling.gif

There is different ways of being crooked, and buying votes is one of them, I would think that every government in the world put themselves before the people who voted for them. I ask the question, does any TV member believe that the government of their country is honest?

I still say the ( I will rephrase that, the only way a government should) be brought down is at the ballet box.

Of course I know about coups, and this one would not have come if Suthep never started trying to make a name for himself. I still go by what I said about the ballet box.

• Like 1

I will never understand why in Thailand "terrorist" are allowed to be bailed out of jail. Doesn't most countries keep terrorists locked up until their trial so they can't run away or do more damage?

I will never understand why in Thailand "terrorist" are allowed to be bailed out of jail. Doesn't most countries keep terrorists locked up until their trial so they can't run away or do more damage?

Protesting in Thailand isn't a terrorist act.

• Like 1

If that's what you want to believe, feel free - it was the people wat dun it.

Four coalition partners of Thai government on Saturday signed a joint declaration that they will definitely dump the controversial blanket amnesty bill if it is rejected by the Senate.

The leaders of the Pheu Thai (For Thais) Party and three partners signed the joint declaration at the headquarters of the ruling party.

None of the lawmakers of the coalition parties will reintroduce the amnesty bill and push it through parliament if it is turned down by the Senate on Monday, according to the joint declaration.

Under the constitution, the government, as proponent of the legislation, might otherwise reintroduce it to parliament 180 days after it is turned down by the upper house.

"The coalition government has respected and considered the people's protests against the amnesty bill and in order to keep conflict in society from intensifying, we've decided to issue a joint declaration to assure that we will by no means pick it up again," announced the Pheu Thai Party leader, who is concurrently interior minister.

You're at it again - 'nothing to do with Suthep'? A lie.

A day or two before the senate was due to vote on the amnesty bill, Suthep called a major protest on the streets of Thailand. The senate (quite likely to approve the amnesty bill before this) decided that discretion was the better part of valour and rejected the bill (unanimously as far as I recall).

The cringing pro-PTP crap in the article should read - they can't resubmit it for 180 days but who knows, try another of the amnesty bills still hanging around. Thanks to Suthep's protests they didn't.

100,000 THB on insurrection charges, the mind boggles, they all know that they will not see 1 day inside a prison cell, this is all just to try and make people think that something is being done. Oh well, how could you expect any more.

Of course its all academic - good init!!!!clap2.gif

100,000 THB on insurrection charges, the mind boggles, they all know that they will not see 1 day inside a prison cell, this is all just to try and make people think that something is being done. Oh well, how could you expect any more.

Yep - all the crazy charges dreamed up by the 3 CAPO stooges & the acolytes actually believe them to be justified.

BTW how many red shirt leaders got bail - countless times - for terrorism? Quite a few. Hypocrisy runs wild.

• Like 1

Ha! There was another recent threat in which many here were asserting that the new regime was being even-handed in its treatment of all sides while others said in reply, 'wait and see'. Looks like those 'others' were right. Abhisit has been out for a while and now sometime-friends, the PDRC, are also enjoying their freedom. Not so for the other side. The mask is falling quickly...

YL is free too.

But anyone not understanding that keeping the reds a bit longer to make sure there are no terrorist attacks or uprisings v.s no risk from the anti government side is not thinking clear.

The army wants to prevent a red uprising that could cost countless lives if it happens. Now without leaders and finances those chances are less. There is no risk from the anti government to do such a thing.

Logic dear friend logic.

Do not be smug, there will always be a leader where there is a just cause. Another will come forward for sure.

Ha! There was another recent threat in which many here were asserting that the new regime was being even-handed in its treatment of all sides while others said in reply, 'wait and see'. Looks like those 'others' were right. Abhisit has been out for a while and now sometime-friends, the PDRC, are also enjoying their freedom. Not so for the other side. The mask is falling quickly...

YL is free too.

But anyone not understanding that keeping the reds a bit longer to make sure there are no terrorist attacks or uprisings v.s no risk from the anti government side is not thinking clear.

The army wants to prevent a red uprising that could cost countless lives if it happens. Now without leaders and finances those chances are less. There is no risk from the anti government to do such a thing.

Logic dear friend logic.

The problem with your 'logic' is that anyone planning to stage an uprising would not report for detention now, would they?

..and the longer term logic is you grind, into the ground, any legitimate peaceful opposition.

A day or two before the senate was due to vote on the amnesty bill, Suthep called a major protest on the streets of Thailand. The senate (quite likely to approve the amnesty bill before this) decided that discretion was the better part of valour and rejected the bill (unanimously as far as I recall).

The cringing pro-PTP crap in the article should read - they can't resubmit it for 180 days but who knows, try another of the amnesty bills still hanging around. Thanks to Suthep's protests they didn't.

I'm at it again, a lie - What, daring to say something you disagree with? Posters on this forum are getting more extreme by the day..................

You show me the facts that suthep starting a demonstration made the senate vote to throw the bill out.

"The senate (quite likely to approve the amnesty bill before this) decided that discretion was the better part of valour and rejected the bill"

You cannot say that is a fact, it is an opinion, not fact.

You really have a lot of anger stored up don't you?

I'm at it again, a lie - What, daring to say something you disagree with? Posters on this forum are getting more extreme by the day..................

You show me the facts that suthep starting a demonstration made the senate vote to throw the bill out.

"The senate (quite likely to approve the amnesty bill before this) decided that discretion was the better part of valour and rejected the bill"

You cannot say that is a fact, it is an opinion, not fact.

You really have a lot of anger stored up don't you?

Anger - no. I just can't stand dishonest people.

Check out Al Jazeera, the WSJ and others. Suthep's protests actually started just after Nov 1st when the PTP bulldozed the bill through parliament. The senate rejected the bill on Nov 11th. Yes I added my opinion on what the senate was likely to do.

The truth is that Suthep did make a big difference - if you don't like it, too bad.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-11/thai-senate-rejects-amnesty-bill-that-sparked-bangkok-protests.html

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/11/11/uk-thailand-amnesty-idUKBRE9AA0PU20131111

Two sample links above.

Edited by khunken

Yep - all the crazy charges dreamed up by the 3 CAPO stooges & the acolytes actually believe them to be justified.

BTW how many red shirt leaders got bail - countless times - for terrorism? Quite a few. Hypocrisy runs wild.

Countless times? They aren't ex PAD like Sondhi with his 5 or is it 6 bail "arrangements". More opinions not facts, khunken? Another lie ?

9 of the 24 UDD leaders were bailed once on terrorism charges after spending 9 months in jail. Korkaew Pikulthong was sent back to jail in November 2012 as the Criminal Court ruled he had breached his bail conditions. Arisman was denied bail then granted it after posting a bond of 6 Million baht (not 100, 000 baht) in December 2012.

But bias and hatred don't allow double standards to get in the way

What was that about hypocrisy?

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

Check out Al Jazeera, the WSJ and others. Suthep's protests actually started just after Nov 1st when the PTP bulldozed the bill through parliament. The senate rejected the bill on Nov 11th. Yes I added my opinion on what the senate was likely to do.

The truth is that Suthep did make a big difference - if you don't like it, too bad.

Must be hard dealing with yourself then, khunken. I'm not too fond of hypocritical people calling others liars, myself.

Countless times? They aren't ex PAD like Sondhi with his 5 or is it 6 bail "arrangements". More opinions not facts, khunken? Another lie ?

9 of the 24 UDD leaders were bailed once on terrorism charges after spending 9 months in jail. Korkaew Pikulthong was sent back to jail in November 2012 as the Criminal Court ruled he had breached his bail conditions. Arisman was denied bail then granted it after posting a bond of 6 Million baht (not 100, 000 baht) in December 2012.

Out for revenge then I see.

But, but Sonthi.......... Yep- hypocrisy.

Yes some did spend some time in jail - not enough though. They also got bail - Jatuporn how many times?

They did get bail. Now try and cool down and don't add more dishonesty to your record.

Must be hard dealing with yourself then, khunken. I'm not too fond of hypocritical people calling others liars, myself.

And, as I said, I can't stand liars calling others hypocrites. Now go and look at my response to your 'nothing to do with Suthep' crap.

Edited by khunken

The DSI cut Red Shirts political cases in his hand from the 281 during AV's time to 48 cases 2 years ago and to just four cases last year. In fact, even yingluck benefited as the DSI chose to drop her asset concealment case. Mind you Tarit is a chameleon though.

With this argument presented to you, you might come up with some other figures that make the DEM's look like they get preferential treatment and then I will come up with with another example of the PTP getting preferential treatment and we can do this all night.

I would prefer to use my time to celebrate the release of a man that planted a seed of reform in the peoples minds and the fruit of which is bearing now.

We can be assured of one thing. Under this coup anyone that is guilty will be processed and charged.

Some might not like it because of the inconvenient truths the police (under thaksin) have covered up, but rest assured those truths are coming out of the closet quicker than Elton John did.

You, me, khunken might look at scenarios from the luxury of our sofas, but the General is at the frontline and has real evidence and real facts at hand.

So rest assured real criminals with real evidence against them will be arrested. It cannot be denied that there were 0 arrests on attacks against PDRC supporters under PTP. That is changing after 5 days of Junta rule.

And we can thank Prayuth for this if nothing else.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

And, as I said, I can't stand liars calling others hypocrites. Now god and look at my response to your 'nothing to do with Suthep' crap.

Such a pleasant chap. Go and be bitter somewhere else.

Edited by fab4

And, as I said, I can't stand liars calling others hypocrites. Now god and look at my response to your 'nothing to do with Suthep' crap.

Such a pleasant chap. Go and be bitter somewhere else.

Bitter - no. Just giving you back the accusations that you posted. No effort to keep on topic, no effort to post anything except vitriol. You need to calm down and actually try and post opinion that at least has some truth in it.