Bangkok: Woman jumps into canal to escape pervert taxi driver

webfact

Woman jumps into canal to escape pervert taxi driver
By Coconuts Bangkok

zt20130130_traffic_cbk001-l_0.jpg?itok=W

BANGKOK: -- This morning Potek Tek Tueng volunteers rescued a 32-year-old woman who decided to jump into a canal on Bangna road after a taxi driver allegedly tried to sexually assault her.

The woman (whose name has been withheld) told the authorities she hailed a cab in Samutprakarn Pak Nam district around 2am this morning after attending a friend's birthday party.

She was intoxicated and fell asleep in the taxi.

When she woke up, the woman claimed the taxi driver had parked on the roadside and got into the back seat of the car where she was sitting.

As he tried to hold her down, she fought back and ran off. She decided to jump into a canal next to Bangna-Trat road when the taxi followed her.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/05/26/woman-jumps-canal-escape-pervert-taxi-driver

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-05-26

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if I were her, I'de take my chances with the taxi driver......the klongs are a deadly last resort...if tha cab man don't get you...the klong will!

Anyway.....have to feel sorry for the poor lady......and hope the TD comes to grief sometime.....ar****les many of them

• Like 1

a few years ago a well known Thai celebrity fell into a klong when he was drunk. he died shortly thereafter when an unknown bacteria entered his respiratory system and the infection killed him. klongs are nasty places.

• Like 1

<snip>

Hope they catch the pervert soon, and also fine him for deifying the curfew as well

Now I know some people just love the curfew, but I agree with you that deifying it is going a bit far and indeed should be a fine-able offense.

T

• Like 1

Regarding the confusion with the CURFEW, let me clear it up for most of you...

"Under martial law, the National Peace Keeping Committee prohibits anyone across the kingdom from leaving their home from 10 pm to 5 am," an army spokesman said in a televised announcement.

You are not permitted to LEAVE your home after 10pm...(or presumed Hotel/guest house).. If you are NOT home, they certainly can't PREVENT you from going TO your home.

"Under martial law, the National Peace Keeping Committee prohibits anyone across the kingdom from leaving their home from 10 pm to 5 am," an army spokesman said in a televised announcement.

You are not permitted to LEAVE your home after 10pm...(or presumed Hotel/guest house).. If you are NOT home, they certainly can't PREVENT you from going TO your home.

that is ridiculous: you have to be at your home at 10 PM and don't leave it.

Not you party till the night and come home at midnight.

• Like 1

Stupid Comment.

How is anyone supposed to know if someone is going "TO" your home or "Leaving" home.

Curfew generally means "everyone to remain indoors during that specified time". Basically if the curfew starts at 10, you go "TO" your home early and make sure u are "At" your home after 10. It is better if you refresh your understanding about curfew - It might just help you stay out of trouble.

All the Best.

• Like 2

Surely ... if she was for example a hospital worker, or shift worker of any kind she is entitled to get a cab home. There must be many legitimate reasons acceptable.

She might have just piloted a 747 into BKK.

A squillion reasons.

• Like 1

I hope this story is untrue, sad when cannot even trust a taksi driver these days; they uses to be so upstanding;)

On a lighter note i'm suprised the party girl.didn't go through with it at a chance of getting a reduced price for her late nite trip home...she must not be from Isaan.

Please take the joke light hearted people its okay to point out sterotypes. Thanks.

• Like 1

Isn't supposed to be a curfew in place 2am??????

The lady was the victim and according to the article, was intoxicated. Criminals don't care about the who, what, when, where and how as long as it fits into their agenda.

I would hesitate to presume any further or to place any contributory blame on the victim based on the story.

Edited by Benmart
  • Like 2

In western coumtries, if a woman makes a false acusation of rape against you, you will almost certainly have your life ruined forever, the diference between a 10 year jail sentence and freed is very small. There is almost certainly no comeuppance for the woman, and in UK, women can make up to 5000 pounds for being a "victim".

If you have ever looked at the Home Office website, you son see that men are perpetrators and women always victims.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/angus-the-mearns/not-proven-verdict-in-taxi-rape-claim-case-1.223165

This scottish taxi driver never worked again after a drunken women alleged rape because she had no money for the fare.

Yes i have been to Iran, the women there are pampered to the extreme, none of your female hard work there, they have a very ver very easy life.

• Like 2

whistling.gif

Isn't (there) supposed to be a curfew in place 2am??????

Exactly what I would have asked.

Not saying this couldn't have happened.,mind you.

But why was she out at 2 a.m. breaking the curfew.?

because she was out at 2am breaking the curfew, thats why.

what does it have to do with the fact that she was sexually assaulted? are you inferring the attack was deserved?

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing.

However, I think it has been overlooked that this article was covering an alleged crime that took place and not the merits or the curfew.

Additionally, CAPS are the equivalent to shouting according to my sources.

As for getting factual information concerning the curfew or other related news, I prefer to reach out to the official website provided by the military authorities.

Edited by Benmart

that is ridiculous: you have to be at your home at 10 PM and don't leave it.

Not you party till the night and come home at midnight.

If you watch the news it Tells You. Businesses closed by 10PM So as to allow people to get home BY 12 Midnight.

My question is this

If i have a party and it goes late or a partier is inebriated I give them a room or space to sleep it off. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE would i let a single woman go home alone. Curfew or no curfew.

Add in the fact that there is a curfew and i have to wonder.

Also why jump in the Klong i agree that is the last place i would go.

• Like 1

Lots of stories today with (name withheld).

I wonder how many are being created to diffuse attention from the real news> as all of our accounts are checked and double checked for lese majeste.

Who really wants to know about 2am. Taxi drivers are going against curfew too? I doubt that very much.

Maybe the woman was armed with a huge prawn too!

I heard the broadcast too. Despite that, the curfew only applies to people who don't have a reason to be out after 10pm. Things are still reasonably busy all night, and main roads will always have a taxi for you. The real reason for the curfew is in case someone is a bad boy and the army can't think of any other reason to lock him up. There's no other reason for it, and in no way is in enforced against PEOPLE (not businesses) who are outside after 10pm.

Only people who think there is one law and it is always applied would believe in the curfew fairy.

• Like 1

The canal smelt better.

Smelt is: 1. a type of small fish. 2. when you melt or fuse ores...

I think you mean smelled which is used for past tense. As in the past tense of smell.

It depends on your version of the English language.

And, besides, the English language is always undergoing change.

• Like 2