Govt water, do you have a supply

nedkellylives

Where we live in Rawai there has not been any govt water supply for 3 days

We are OK because we have 2 large storage tanks but one of our nieghbors

who only has 1 storage tank has to order water from a truck as they have run out

It was not long ago that the govt said they had enough water to keep up supply

Are other people not getting govt water or is it just Rawai in the area near Rawai beach front

we are about 1 KLM from the beach

This is the same in Hua Hin - it's a massive scam in my opinion and actually quite scandalous.

Our monthly water bill is about 150 Baht. However, it costs us 300 Baht for the water people to refill our tank! We've had to refill our tank 3 times this month.

Most recently they were blaming it on the curfew, saying their guys couldn't get out to refill the water from the mains!

It's probably a nice little earner for someone somewhere

• Like 2

I don't know who you should blame, but you might try the weather.
Bang Wad dam is the lowest I've seen it in about 9 or 10 years.
It had a higher level about a month ago, BEFORE we had a few rains.

We need a big rain.

The new dam being built doesn't look like it will be finished for a few years.
But give the water co. some credit for at least looking ahead and building one. (or whoever made the decision)

• Like 2

Its not the government but your local authority that manage the water supply. We are in the middle of a drought in many areas and an El Nino is expected from October onwards. As for Hua Hin, the development have outstripped the water supply. There was a plan plus a budget to build a pipe line to bring in more water, I don't know if the plan is in the process of been implemented or not. Due to continual water supply problems we sunk a borehole 2 years ago. At present the municipal water supply is weak and we are most of the time on the borehole water.

• Like 1

The water pressure in rawai was very good up to 3 years ago and over time its slowly got worse

It got down to a trickle for a few hours each day and now nothing at all for 3 days

They need to stop the building of new houses until a new better supply is installed

They need new larger pipes and pumps to keep up with demand

They have had the same problem in patong for years and now its spreading to other areas where a lot

of development is going on, will they ever learn from their previous mistakes

Edited by nedkellylives

Your right about Patong Ned, we have not had a drop of Gov water on the higher side of Nanai Rd for over 6 months now, so need to truck in 12,000 L tanker every 4 days.. We have another property on the lower side of Nanai Rd and we have about 2 hours water flow per day, just about keeps the 1,500 L surface tank near full.

The water pressure in rawai was very good up to 3 years ago and over time its slowly got worse

It got down to a trickle for a few hours each day and now nothing at all for 3 days

They need to stop the building of new houses until a new better supply is installed

They need new larger pipes and pumps to keep up with demand

They have had the same problem in patong for years and now its spreading to other areas where a lot

of development is going on, will they ever learn from their previous mistakes

No no , they don't give a damn, no pun intended.

This is the same in Hua Hin - it's a massive scam in my opinion and actually quite scandalous.

Our monthly water bill is about 150 Baht. However, it costs us 300 Baht for the water people to refill our tank! We've had to refill our tank 3 times this month.

Most recently they were blaming it on the curfew, saying their guys couldn't get out to refill the water from the mains!

Wake up to yourself,150/month,and then 900 baht!You need to go back to farangland for a dose of reality.Ever thought of buying another tank.Of course its an earner,yuo expect it for free,buy a truck,maintainence,fuel,labour cost,paying for the water.

here in NE the drought is catching up as well...

the pumps are getting older, the water level to low for the pumps, maintenance less coz smaller budgets, the reservoirs kept lower coz they are afraid for floodings as in 2011,... the new drain canalizations taking the water away from the natural reservoirs more faster...

less rainfall last year, rain saison 8 weeks overdue, less rainfall now and forecasted for next year...

but who's complaining ? ;-)

at least here the fire brigade brings water at home (for free ) for the water tanks ( surface water as usual, not drinking water, that only comes in bottles) if the pressure is to low or if the pumps are out...

but government is working on water management adjustments...

The water supply company does not improve

6 years ago in kathu no water for over a week because of a broken pipe

3 years ago in Chalong no water for over a week because of a broken pump

You would think they would have a spare pump in stock and a broken pipe

could be fixed in a day, elsewhere it only takes hours to do

i think the problem here is jobs for life instead of getting rid of people who

cannot do their job properly and replacing them with someone that can

This happens in a lot of countries not only developing ones unless people

get sick of the poor service and complain constantly

The womaen in our village rang the water company and gave them a roasting

about no water supply and it came back on, for how long is anyones guess

Edited by nedkellylives

I don't know who you should blame, but you might try the weather.

Bang Wad dam is the lowest I've seen it in about 9 or 10 years.

It had a higher level about a month ago, BEFORE we had a few rains

We need a big rain.

The new dam being built doesn't look like it will be finished for a few years.

But give the water co. some credit for at least looking ahead and building one. (or whoever made the decision)

Yes we do need rain but the point being made is that the water company said not so long back that there will be no water shortage ,obviously lying to save that "all too long gone happy smiley tourist image" c-ap.

Saw about 10 trucks dropping at Centara in Karon where there the supply varies from 1 to 2 hours a day and then it is just a trickle.

No water, curfew and now they are talking about power rationing. Phuket is wearing very thin with many people now.

Wake up to yourself,150/month,and then 900 baht!You need to go back to farangland for a dose of reality.Ever thought of buying another tank.Of course its an earner,yuo expect it for free,buy a truck,maintainence,fuel,labour cost,paying for the water.

I don't expect anything for free. I just expect the water company to refill the tank as and when they say they will. Is it too much to ask for these people to do their jobs properly?

And if it was a case of their being absolutely no water, how come they can send the water truck round to our place in next to no time whenever I get 300 Baht out of my pocket?

As for buying another tank, I've already tried to but our landlady doesn't want another tank to be installed on her property.

I predict water will just be like the transport scam on Phuket in the future.

It's an essential service that will be withheld from the public, either on purpose, or due to poor infastructure, and you will be made to pay highly for it to be trucked in by private Thai businesses.

Just wait till the water truck companies collude to up the price, in the same way transport operates on the island.

I can see it now. "The Phuket Water Truck Association." cheesy.gif

• 1 month later...

resurecting this topic. Just returned from the States to find we have had zero Rawai city water in over a month. Zero! We live in Saiyaun Med Village. It's been raining since we got here a week ago, plus rainy season, so must be something else besides reservoir being low. Anybody else? One month! Paradise ain't the same without water and I really don't want to put in a tank if this is temporary. We just filled up from the preverbial truck.

resurecting this topic. Just returned from the States to find we have had zero Rawai city water in over a month. Zero! We live in Saiyaun Med Village. It's been raining since we got here a week ago, plus rainy season, so must be something else besides reservoir being low. Anybody else? One month! Paradise ain't the same without water and I really don't want to put in a tank if this is temporary. We just filled up from the preverbial truck.

Put in a tank, usually get a low pressure supply for a few hours each day, not enough to shower with

but enough to keep a storage tank full, you will need your own pressure pump as well

I do not think supply will improve in the near future

• Like 1