Need a new visa after august 12 - what is my best option?

Hi there,

i have been in Thailand on and off for about 10 months. Currently I have 2 tourist visas from the consulate in Amsterdam in my passport.

First one was a triple entry. I used only 2 entries, flew back to Holland for 3 weeks and I applied for a new double entry visa in Amsterdam in January. I got it, and used the first entry only for 5 weeks as I had to fly back to Holland due to family matters. After 2 months I returned to Thailand and arrived about 2 weeks ago.

Right now I am on my last entry which expires july 19th. I have 2 visa extension of stays in my passport. Regarding the visa crackdown of the last weeks I am wondering what's my best option for the next one:

- New double entry in Vientiane (possible? my visas are not really back to back)

- Getting a visa extension until august 18th, then applying for a new visa in Vientiane

- ED Visa, but I am not sure if I can get it because of my visa history.

I have proof of income (inherited quite a chunk of money), don't have to work and just want to stay here. I am 33 so a retirement visa is not an option.

Any advise please?

Getting a 30 day extension of your your 60 day entry does not count for getting a new visa or doing additional entries. Or are you mistakenly calling a new 30 visa exempt entry an extension.

Have you done a 30 day extension of your current 60 day entry yet?

I suggest you get a 2 entry tourist visa rather than doing a 30 day visa exempt entry. You should not have problem getting it.

Getting a 30 day extension of your your 60 day entry does not count for getting a new visa or doing additional entries. Or are you mistakenly calling a new 30 visa exempt entry an extension.

I suggest you get a 2 entry tourist visa rather than doing a 30 day visa exempt entry. You should not have problem getting it.

I am a bit confused as to what it's called. The exempt entry is what I get when I fly in the country without any visa, right?

I haven't done a 30 day extension yet. I was planning to do that and then fly to vientiane somewhere in august to get a new double entry. Should be okay to do so?

I am a bit confused as to what it's called. The exempt entry is what I get when I fly in the country without any visa, right?

I haven't done a 30 day extension yet. I was planning to do that and then fly to vientiane somewhere in august to get a new double entry. Should be okay to do so?

The 30 day extensions you get for your 60 day entries are not a problem. You mentioning them separately form your visas and entries through me off a bit.

Visa exempt entries are obtained by leaving and re-entering the country.

Just get your 30 day extension and then get a new tourist visa.

The 30 day extensions you get for your 60 day entries are not a problem. You mentioning them separately form your visas and entries through me off a bit.

Visa exempt entries are obtained by leaving and re-entering the country.

Just get your 30 day extension and then get a new tourist visa.

Will do, thanks a lot!