webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, i red nigerian and no wonder there

how do they get visa's ?

This.

They are all over the place and I have always wondered how they manage to get visas, especially in countries like Vietnam, Laos, and Thailand where visas are not all that easy to get.

Of course here in Cambodia anyone can get visas.....

These idiots have made life so terrible for an average Nigerian. It took me 27 months of agony to get a job in Thailand because of my nationality. Who wants to associate with a Nigerian? Virtually nobody because we are believed to be either scammers or drug peddlers. I always told myself that suffering great hardship is far better than spending my prime in jail. I may have gone hungry for weeks during my jobless days but it's worth it. In a couple of days, I will receive my first salary ever since I arrived Thailand in Feb 2014, thanks to my determination n moral support from my family. I have no pity for any idiot who decided to peddle drugs. It ain't worth it @ all.

good stuff. nice to know theres a few of the good guys out there. I don't know to make sweeping generalizations, but the reputation of Nigerians is well deserved..

Unfortunately this will continue as the prospect of a few thousand dollars to a young Aussie girl, is a risk she was prepared to take.

I guess after serving 10 years or so she'lll be given a prisoner exchange back home

"Young Aussie Girl" ? She was 41 !

Lol, I thought she was 19

Living in Cambodia free is already hard. In jail in Cambodia for 23 years, better ask for the death penalty mate.

What's hard about living in Cambodia?

+1. I've lived in Thailand, China, Vietnam, Philippines, Hong Kong and Cambodia, which is a bloody sight easier going than all of those other locations.

These idiots have made life so terrible for an average Nigerian. It took me 27 months of agony to get a job in Thailand because of my nationality. Who wants to associate with a Nigerian? Virtually nobody because we are believed to be either scammers or drug peddlers. I always told myself that suffering great hardship is far better than spending my prime in jail. I may have gone hungry for weeks during my jobless days but it's worth it. In a couple of days, I will receive my first salary ever since I arrived Thailand in Feb 2014, thanks to my determination n moral support from my family. I have no pity for any idiot who decided to peddle drugs. It ain't worth it @ all.

Thank you for posting. My niece is half-Nigerian. Her father works in information technology in the USA. You do hear the stories about Nigeria, but there are many wonderful people from that country. Good luck to you for your future.

yep, not really sure what is so hard about living in Cambodia??? Spent sometime there and never felt lacking for anything..the people are wonderful and the culture is the original Southeast Asian culture in many respects....I can think of at least ten things that I like about Cambodia over Thailand...

• Like 1

I couldn't be happier!

Excellent news, another couple of druggies who won't be causing our kids to get ensnared in this evil, death dealing culture.

Even better, that she will do her time in Cambodia, instead of some Aussie, Resort-styled Jail. Same goes for her French friend, just hope their bosses get caught as well and are put out of circulation.

Full credit to the Aussie Authorities who tipped-off the Cambodians. I think something similar happened to two Australians, Barlow and Chambers years ago in Malaysia.

They were however, were sent back to Perth.....in Coffins, after being hanged at the end of their "Swing-Away Holiday."

Why should Cambodian taxpayers bare the cost of Australian criminals,exporting refugees is bad enough.

Does this lack of tolerance extend to users of the globally endemic and legal drug called alcohol - or does that happen to be a drug that you enjoy and therefore not subject to the same condemnation?

Have you any idea at all of the social and economic cost of alcohol compared to any other soft or hard drug you would care to mention?

It's a rhetorical question, by the way.

Stop swallowing the mass media propaganda and do some research. This should enable you at least to take a more balanced view of drugs and their effects before publicly flaunting your ignorance and prejudice.

And have you any idea about the withdrawal effects of heroin on the individual compared to alcohol?

• Like 1

Unfortunately this will continue as the prospect of a few thousand dollars to a young Aussie girl, is a risk she was prepared to take.

I guess after serving 10 years or so she'lll be given a prisoner exchange back home

"Young Aussie Girl" ? She was 41 !

If Staffs Shot is 80, then she is a young girl. All a matter of perspective.

Living in Cambodia free is already hard. In jail in Cambodia for 23 years, better ask for the death penalty mate.

What's hard about living in Cambodia?

Depends if your Khymer or not.

Not quite sure what that has got to do with it?

Does this lack of tolerance extend to users of the globally endemic and legal drug called alcohol - or does that happen to be a drug that you enjoy and therefore not subject to the same condemnation?

Have you any idea at all of the social and economic cost of alcohol compared to any other soft or hard drug you would care to mention?

Stop swallowing the mass media propaganda and do some research. This should enable you at least to take a more balanced view of drugs and their effects before publicly flaunting your ignorance and prejudice.

And have you any idea about the withdrawal effects of heroin on the individual compared to alcohol?

, heroin or opiate withdrawal is very unpleasant....but it will NOT kill you. Withdrawal from alcohol has the potential to lead to death....you may throw up and feel like death from heroin withdrawal, but alcohol withdrawal can be potentially fatal...I have seen both first hand when a true alcoholic withdraws, there isn't anything worse

Edited by Smurkster
  • Like 1

yep I do, heroin or opiate withdrawal is very unpleasant....but it will NOT kill you. Withdrawal from alcohol has the potential to lead to death....you may throw up and feel like death from heroin withdrawal, but alcohol withdrawal can be potentially fatal

Blimey, hmmmmmmmm, best carry on with my beer then.....thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

They have plenty of time to think where their operation went wrong, Mr Precious really dropped the ball . I sure he will enjoy his time.

All three denied the drug belonged to them.
They said Taylor admitted she had used her backpack to smuggle heroin from Cambodia on one previous occasion.

Doesn't sound like she's the wide-eyed innocent who was surprised to find the drugs in her possession. I suppose being a mule she could say the drugs didn't belong to her, but not an especially meaningful defense.

The more publicity cases like this attract the less chance some other foolish people will end up in a similar nightmare.

Nope. Not at all. This will go on forever as long as there is demand and money to be made.

Get a life, beer is great.

I happen to agree with you. I have a rather radical view of drugs. They should all be legal, no matter how hard core. Dr's prescription get anything.

In the last 40 years cigarette smoking, drunk driving, etc have gone down through education and regulation. Drug use is on the rise during that time and only getting worse. Make it all legal and attack it like smoking.

What a waste of their lives, living in a Cambodian jail it doesnt get much worse, they made a big mistake and now there are no second chances.

If given a second chance these losers would squander it, take the authorities for suckers, and do it again.

23 years to contemplate her own stupidity may be just enough.

I cannot speak for the other poster, but I have very good ideas of the withdrawals of both drugs, and many others as well. Heroin withdrawals cannot be considered pleasant in any way. However, if you have ever worked in a detox facility, you will know that the withdrawals of severe alcohol addiction make kicking heroin look quite mild. Heroin junkies will shake, and puke, and be quite physically and emotionally miserable for a few days. However, there are substances which make these symptoms pale in comparison. Chief among these is ALCOHOL. Also included are benzodiazepams, barbituates, and a few others whose names escape me right now. Severe alcoholics, when taken away from their drug of choice, will have full seizures, where they scream, fall to the floor, and thrash about violently. They will vomit and defecate all over the place. When they are not busy puking and having seizures, they will sit around for many days, vibrating in misery, unable to eat or sleep. Alcohol causes countless more deaths and misery than heroin does. I am not advocating for heroin. I am opposed to the use of all drugs, including alcohol. I have many years of experience, up close and personal, and I can tell you without hesitation: Alcohol withdrawals, and the overall damage caused by alcohol, are far greater than the suffering caused by heroin. Heroin is greatly stigmatized, and ignorant people will consider this the worst of addictions. However, in terms of overall destruction and misery, alcohol is at the top of the list. Tobacco is up there somewhere too, but I am not an expert on this subject. In regards to tobacco, I am not talking about withdrawals, but sickness and death.

Edited by alfalfa19
  • Like 1

All three denied the drug belonged to them.

People need to read that carefully before commenting like "they deserve it!"

That's all fine, but what of the sentences from the article:

They said Taylor admitted she had used her backpack to smuggle heroin from Cambodia on one previous occasion.

Police alleged that Taylor and Savarino were arrested at Phnom Penh airport with heroin in their backpacks

• Like 1