Captial One Website Trouble

I see I'm not alone. Never mind...

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/capitalone.com.html

I was able to access it and the link you gave above said it was up as of now - and has not been down for a while?

Thanks. Did you log in or just get the website to open? I can get the site to open sometimes, not always, but logging in hasn't worked all day.

That site indicates the server responds. There are reports coming in there and on their Facebook about not being able to log in, so hopefully whatever it is gets sorted out. Not having problems with any website here on in the States, except that one.

Thanks again for trying and responding.

Jay

Don't worry about getting logged on...I already paid your bill.

Sent from my Samsung S4

Thanks, Richie Rich!

Thought about you yesterday thinking you still have your US Cap1 card. Have you tried logging in or mind giving it a try please?

After 9 hours, I finally downloaded and enabled the anonymous IP Firefox addon, logged in first time, paid my bin as normal. This morning, still can't get the site to load properly and/or get logged in using my normal Inet connection.

I'll try later when back home on the laptop...now I'm visiting the mother in law out in the jungle. I was logged on last night when paying our bills...no problems.

Sent from my Samsung S4

• Like 1

I'll try later when back home on the laptop...now I'm visiting the mother in law out in the jungle. I was logged on last night when paying our bills...no problems.

Sent from my Samsung S4

Now back home...no problem logging on with my laptop. Maybe something to do with your ISP....s.....l......o......w international connection maybe or at least to the CapOne site. I'm on a True 15Mb cable plan here in Bangkok.

Sent from my Samsung S4

Now back home...no problem logging on with my laptop. Maybe something to do with your ISP....s.....l......o......w international connection maybe or at least to the CapOne site. I'm on a True 15Mb cable plan here in Bangkok.

Back from the jungle.

I'm on 3bb. We did have a helluva wind storm yesterday that might of torn something up although Thai and other US sites seem to be working fine, just Cap1 - except when I activate the IP changer thing. Weird. Anyway, thanks for checking and responding.

Cheers,

J

Be sure to take advantage of CapOne's new credit score tracker/monitor...it's free. Apparently started last month. Really a neat and free feature now provided by CapOne credit cards.

The credit score is based on a TransUnion data and a TransUnion credit score model. It also includes a really neat Credit Score "Simulator" where you can change things like card balances, getting another card, cancelling a card, and a variety of other things to see how it would affect your credit score....you actually get to see what the score would change to. Gives a person a good idea of how some things have little impact and other things big impacts.

A yesterday, one month after first using the credit score tracker/monitor, I got an email from CapOne which summarizes any changes that may affect your credit score like an account opening, new inquiry, etc....nice feature to help a person spot any identity theft attempts. Nice stuff and it's free. Below is a partial cut and paste of the email notice.

post-55970-0-26113500-1401521653_thumb.j

• Like 1

Other than when they have routine maintenance, I have never had a problem logging on.

Thanks.

I'm still not able to log in even today, unless using a US IP. I've tried resetting my router, going in via Google Search results page, tried Open & Google DNS, flushed IP cache, deleting cookies, turning off my firewall... Nada, no joy. I loathe contacting ISP by phone but may go that route next.

Other than when they have routine maintenance, I have never had a problem logging on.

Thanks.

I'm still not able to log in even today, unless using a US IP. I've tried resetting my router, going in via Google Search results page, tried Open & Google DNS, flushed IP cache, deleting cookies, turning off my firewall... Nada, no joy. I loathe contacting ISP by phone but may go that route next.

Have you tried compatibility view mode using IE? Since you can logon via VPN OK it probably won't help but if you have IE loaded it would only take a minute to test it.

Thanks.

Have you tried compatibility view mode using IE? Since you can logon via VPN OK it probably won't help but if you have IE loaded it would only take a minute to test it.

Did try IE the other day, same result.

I was able to get in and do my biz the other night, but when something does work right, I can't leave it alone. LOL.

Not a tech person by a long shot, but I still feel like there's something with the recent Java update, my FF and their site. Your comment about ISP / International pipe sings to me as well. Hell, I don't know, but I'll keep playing around with it. Beats mowing the lawn. biggrin.png

I installed the latest and great Java a few days ago and I use Chrome and IE11. I don't use FF...gave it test try for about two weeks around six months ago but decided on Chrome as my primary browser and IE as my secondary browser. My guess it's just a slow/long ping time connection to the CapOne site...something to do with your ISP. But I'm guessing...and I'm a terrible guesser.

Be sure to take advantage of CapOne's new credit score tracker/monitor...it's free. Apparently started last month. Really a neat and free feature now provided by CapOne credit cards.

The credit score is based on a TransUnion data and a TransUnion credit score model. It also includes a really neat Credit Score "Simulator" where you can change things like card balances, getting another card, cancelling a card, and a variety of other things to see how it would affect your credit score....you actually get to see what the score would change to. Gives a person a good idea of how some things have little impact and other things big impacts.

A yesterday, one month after first using the credit score tracker/monitor, I got an email from CapOne which summarizes any changes that may affect your credit score like an account opening, new inquiry, etc....nice feature to help a person spot any identity theft attempts. Nice stuff and it's free. Below is a partial cut and paste of the email notice.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

www.creditkarma.com will do the same thing....100% free, no credit card needed...also Transunion.

BTW, Sharebuilder froze my ability to buy stocks, when they decided I was living abroad. It's a subsidiary of CapitalOne.

Edited by Thighlander