Carribean The Cruz Condo Pattaya Jomtien Thappraya Road - Who has bought one ?

thaicookingchef

CARRIBEAN THE CRUZ CONDO PATTAYA JOMTIEN THAPPRAYA ROAD - Who has bought one ?

Hello,

Wondering about Carribean The Cruz Condo on Thappraya road as it seems to be the second best location after View Talay 1B (only viewtalay 1 building B because it will never have any building in front to hide the view thanks to new village in front).

The cruz will be a 30 storeys building with nice seaview andhas it is high enough on the Thappraya hill like Viewtalay 1 I guess that nothing will ever hide the view.

Have you bought a condo there and when is the delivery date ?

The company seems reliable and they will certainly finish it ?

Thank you for your ideas about this condominium.

Edited by metisdead
Please do not post using all caps. Topic title edited to remove all caps.

It's going up fast. I would not be surprised if it finishes on schedule.

There is a huge empty plot between Cruz and the sea on which could be built just about anything, so I would not count on the view to the front. Also the front of the building is too close to busy Thappraya road for my taste, though some people wont mind that.

There is a huge empty plot between Cruz and the sea on which could be built just about anything, so I would not count on the view to the front. Also the front of the building is too close to busy Thappraya road for my taste, though some people wont mind that.

Hi,

Except if they buil a 60 storeys on this empty land near Pattaya part there is no chance that The cruz view will be blocked, and anyway it will be far from the cruz so it's impossible to hide the view totally.

At 30th floor there is no noise from the road.

Behind the cruz and in front of VT1 building B there is a quiet village almost empty, and the cruz on this side still has pattaya view.

The cruz seems to be one of the best choices lately for someone who still want to be near a main road with easy pickups to go to Pattaa or Jomtien.

I still can't find where is fails.

Anyway I won't buy before they build it completely, im' not psycho and don't care to pay a little more to someone who took the risk to invest his money.

Do you know how much more is the resell price of a condo right after delivery ?

Let's say that the price was 4 MB before completion, how much people who sell it after completion usually ask ?

Thank you.

Hi,

Except if they buil a 60 storeys on this empty land near Pattaya part there is no chance that The cruz view will be blocked, and anyway it will be far from the cruz so it's impossible to hide the view totally.

Behind the cruz and in front of VT1 building B there is a quiet village almost empty, and the cruz on this side still has pattaya view.

The cruz seems to be one of the best choices lately for someone who still want to be near a main road with easy pickups to go to Pattaa or Jomtien.

I still can't find where is fails.

Anyway I won't buy before they build it completely, im' not psycho and don't care to pay a little more to someone who took the risk to invest his money.

Do you know how much more is the resell price of a condo right after delivery ?

Let's say that the price was 4 MB before completion, how much people who sell it after completion usually ask ?

Thank you.

You would do well to sell at a profit and there is no guarantee you will sell it at all, and no guarantee that you will be able to rent it out either, if so desired, unless your contract comes with one of them guaranteed rent thingy me bobs then it's better.

In short, I wouldn't buy here again unless it is for a home to live in. Just too much hassle.

I do not plan to sell and do not care so much to rent or not because the money is anyway safer in a condo than in a bank where the cheaters will make 10% on my axx....

I don't think you can loose your money here when buying condo if it's not urgent for you to get it back.

Just let me know when it's finished and then I will find a quite room and rent long term . Buying is just a waste of money in Thailand.

Here we go again.

Renting is a waste of money. Renting is a mugs game.

Yes I wonder what they are doing with their money ? Or maybe they don't have because they just spend their days and night on a bar stool and nobody pick them up even for 500 baht ?

These cheap charlies always amaze me !

Just let me know when it's finished and then I will find a quite room and rent long term . Buying is just a waste of money in Thailand.

Here we go again.

If you are talking exclusively about condominiums, you are correct. Plus you actually own it. When I was viewing family sized condo's in Bangkok a couple of years back, there were the ones that Thai's had 'invested' in that still had the original, old-fashioned and dated furnishings and legacy appliances but were still expecting top rates. One savvy Norwegian guy had acquired several 2 and 3-bedroom units several years ago when the demand was mainly for 1-bed and studios. He has remodeled these to modern standards and furnishings and is making an absolute killing since the market has changed. He had to wait a bit for his return on investment but well worth it now with the rents they charge these days.

When it comes to a house, renting may be the more sensible option. For example, for the median purchase price of a 3-bedroom home versus the median rental for the same size property in Pattaya area, someone could rent for, oh, maybe 250 years? Ignoring the dodgy company ownership approach or the limited viability of usufructs, why tie up capital in something you can never own outright in your name?

You seem to be less fussy than I am about views. To my mind a similar building on the opposite side of the road would ruin the view from the Cruz, even if you were on the top floor (which would be expensive anyway). And there would still be scope to build at least one more building even closer to the sea, if not two, and several on either side. That empty plot is huge.

There are also several empty plots opposite the new Axis and if high-rises were built on these (as seems likely) that would upset the view towards Pattaya from the Cruz also.

There are units in VT5C that (under current building regulations) cannot possibly lose their sea view and to me these would be a better choice. But each to his own.

Here we go again.

If you are talking exclusively about condominiums, you are correct. Plus you actually own it. When I was viewing family sized condo's in Bangkok a couple of years back, there were the ones that Thai's had 'invested' in that still had the original, old-fashioned and dated furnishings and legacy appliances but were still expecting top rates. One savvy Norwegian guy had acquired several 2 and 3-bedroom units several years ago when the demand was mainly for 1-bed and studios. He has remodeled these to modern standards and furnishings and is making an absolute killing since the market has changed. He had to wait a bit for his return on investment but well worth it now with the rents they charge these days.

When it comes to a house, renting may be the more sensible option. For example, for the median purchase price of a 3-bedroom home versus the median rental for the same size property in Pattaya area, someone could rent for, oh, maybe 250 years? Ignoring the dodgy company ownership approach or the limited viability of usufructs, why tie up capital in something you can never own outright in your name?

Two answers spring to mind....

1) It is security for your family. Pretty obvious really.

2) It is actually your house and not somebody elses. So you have more pride take better care and you can do whaever you want with it whenever you like and you have a sense of security and can lay down roots.

Btw, it's actually about 15 years. Ie a 4 mil 3 bed house would probably cost around 25k a month rent.

PS: As I'm sure you know this topic has been done to death on here and these forums are full of cheap charlies as we all know. Most people on here would rather wait in the rain for 3 hours to get a bus to the airport instead of paying for a taxi.

• Like 2

Here we go again.

Yes I wonder what they are doing with their money ? Or maybe they don't have because they just spend their days and night on a bar stool and nobody pick them up even for 500 baht ?

Here we go again! I am a condo owner today and that was a big mistake ! I will sell asap and rent instead. Why ? Noise everywhere , a new high rise condo being built in front of my balcony , luckily there's enough Russians to sell to in that area.

No I am not a cheap charlie , bur found out the hard way that buying and living there yourself for years is not good if you're looking for some peace at night.

Construction work all day , karaoke and dog barking all night. No I will not get used to it.

So when you rent you can move around. If you're not happy with your noisy neighbour you can move to a new place, as a condo owner you're stuck there.

• Like 1

Here we go again.

Here we go again! I am a condo owner today and that was a big mistake ! I will sell asap and rent instead. Why ? Noise everywhere , a new high rise condo being built in front of my balcony , luckily there's enough Russians to sell to in that area.

No I am not a cheap charlie , bur found out the hard way that buying and living there yourself for years is not good if you're looking for some peace at night.

Construction work all day , karaoke and dog barking all night. No I will not get used to it.

So when you rent you can move around. If you're not happy with your noisy neighbour you can move to a new place, as a condo owner you're stuck there.

Balo - You make some decent points. I sympathise with your position, don't beat yourself up about it too much as many have made that mistake including me. I bought a condo in Park Lane and was extremely lucky to sell it, I had it on the market for over year and had almoat given up but just got very lucky one day. That area is a mess there now and I don't doubt that the new owners now regret buying it from me.

I want to buy a house because I have a young family so want security for them particuarly if something happens to me and a place to actually call our own and design it how we want instead of getting permission from the real owner who's mortage I am paying every month, but after I've been bit I will be very careful now.

Hope you sell your condo soon.

Here we go again.

Two answers spring to mind....

1) It is security for your family. Pretty obvious really.

2) It is actually your house and not somebody elses. So you have more pride take better care and you can do whaever you want with it whenever you like and you have a sense of security and can lay down roots.

Btw, it's actually about 15 years. Ie a 4 mil 3 bed house would probably cost around 25k a month rent.

PS: As I'm sure you know this topic has been done to death on here and these forums are full of cheap charlies as we all know. Most people on here would rather wait in the rain for 3 hours to get a bus to the airport instead of paying for a taxi.

No arguments there if you have family and dependents. However, rather than just leave them with 190 sq m on a postage stamp sized plot, I would reckon on leaving them something that generates income. Maybe acouple or three commercial shophouses that can be rented out while keeping one for the home-based business and lodging? There's some nice, modern newbuilds over on the dark side. One just has to wait and they will come... eventually.

You are right, about 15 years. I forgot to convert months into years... didn't take shoes and socks off to count either. So maybe the single retiree ( over 60) who wants a house would be better of renting?

The topic is about:

CARRIBEAN THE CRUZ CONDO PATTAYA JOMTIEN THAPPRAYA ROAD - Who has bought one ?

Please stay on the topic and not get into the benefits of owning property vs the downside which has been discussed many times in the forum.

Further off topic will be removed.

And what, if in a couple of years, the condo owner in Jomtien-Beach needs 2 hours to get from Jomtien to Pattaya by car? And what if the neglected sewage disposal network (including piping) can't handle it anymore? Walking to the nearest 7/11 wearing fisherman's booths with the sweet smell of human feces in your nose?

At this point, who will buy property in S/E Asia's "Premier Beach Resort"? Funny, but not for the ones that find themselves on the "sellers-side".

Of course I am wrong, because Real-Estate sales people tell me otherwise.

Cheers.

The large plots of land opposite the Caribbean are supposedly owned by two families who cannot agree on access rights. This dispute will eventually be settled and the land developed. Because of its value high rise condominiums will be the only thing that makes economic sense. This is not going to happen overnight but the OP should realize his views will eventually be compromised.

... there is no chance that The cruz view will be blocked,

and anyway it will be far from the cruz so it's impossible to hide the view totally.

You should look at the map more closely (bellow)

You would be surprised to see how the noise tend to climb...

I got a friend who sold at 25th floor of VT6 because of the noise of bars!

Behind the cruz and in front of VT1 building B there is a quiet village almost empty,

and the cruz on this side still has pattaya view.

Huh? Pattaya is on the North...

Let's say that the price was 4 MB before completion,

how much people who sell it after completion usually ask ?

3 MB? Too happy to find a buyer wink.png

post-34500-0-43048800-1401609326_thumb.j

If i recall from memory correctly, i remember seeing a brochure about 18 months ago

with the prices of this project being quite high for a front facing unit in the high rise tower.

Also recall the unit sizes were very small.

Anyone have an update on the prices?

• Like 1