success stories on thaifriendly.com

Finding women on sites not explicitly for dating can work. My friend met his Thai wife through the site Tagged and they are still very happy with 2 kids. They are the same age, which probably helps a bit!

Not sure anyone even uses that site anymore, though. I think it had some kind of "interested in" or "meet me" type feature which is how he would connect. Watch out for fake profiles, apparently.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of the decent girls leave quickly due to this kind of stuff.

Leaving the sex workers, see, that wasn't so hard, we are in agreement.

Maybe I confused you with "a lot", I'd still guess there are sub 5% bar/money girls on there. Your comments are from assumption, mine are from experience. I'd guess that the % of working girls would be significantly higher in Pattaya which would skew the overall figures. There are some dating apps that are riddled with hookers - usually the location based ones. In my experience TF isn't like this.

I'd guess 75% - guess what, a lot of the young girls (18-21) aren't interested in a guy if he's ever 25 - check the profiles and see the number who write that. I'm sure they are all moneygrabbers - looking for those successful 25 year olds that are so common in Thailand.

I've not noticed a lot of eligible 25 yo foreign guys living in Thailand.

A few geeky blogging losers without a pot to piss in, pretending to make loads and bigging themselves up.

A few TEFL teachers working for minimum wage with no future in Thailand.

Let's face it, any Thai girl looking for a young foreign guy who isn't completely penniless is being incredibly optimistic.

On the other hand, loads of foreign guys in the 50+ age group with plenty of money to spend.

Lot of young rich Thai guys floating around though, makes you wonder why these girls, looking for young guys, aren't on the Thai only dating sites.

Of course the obvious answer is, they are sex workers, so they are looking for old foreign guys with money.

I probably should have added italics as it seems you missed the obvious sarcasm. Of course there aren't huge numbers of wealthy young westerners, there are however a lot of young westerners who while they don't have a lot of money, they look good - there are plenty of relationships like this. A lad I knew who lived out here didn't have a pot to piss in but he was in great shape and was handsome, he cleaned up.

Blimey the "I found a Doctor, while grubbing around on the internet" fantasists have been out in force.

MK must have done a roaring trade that week.

I've just spent an hour on TF and the only impressive professions I found were one 'teacher' whose English skills were on a par or below that of the average bar girl, two 'accountants' who had the stupidity to post pictures of themselves while clearly on a beano to some beach resort with their latest sponsors.

I'm afraid that for these posts listing all these high class women and their supposed high falluting occupations, it's more a case of "I want to believe" over facing up to the sad the truth of their situations ie "The best I can do is some blagger off a dodgy internet dating site for the desperate, skint and needy"

Do you really think top level Thai women are really going to turn to the desperate TEFL losers trawling Thai Friendly when they could quite easily head out to the upmarket bars and clubs to find a Westerner who has already made something of himself, either here or at home?

As for Noradonis, Tolkein couldn't have invented a better fantasy world than the one he inhabits.....

I never met a doctor, I'm sure they are out there. You mention top level bars and clubs - I think most girls would be much more suspect meeting a guy in a bar. I've never had anything more than fun with a girl that I've met in a club - just meeting them in that environment would make me perceive it as something non serious - plus I don't want a party girl.

Some of the girls I met and proof of what they do:

- Junior vet, graduated from a top university; Sent me pics of her in a white coat with various animals and colleagues, asked me to come to her work to meet her, invited me to her graduation ceremony at her university

- Procurement manager; met her from work, friends with her on facebook, seen pictures of her with colleagues plus "checking in" on facebook at work and various training locations

- Airport worker; met her in uniform at the airport

- Nurse; pictures in uniform wink.png

- Assistant at a japanese TV channel: seen photos and met her at her office

- Model/TV extra; seen photos and TV clips

- Graphic designer; sent me examples of her work and had discussions about industry related stuff as it's a field I have experience in.

Other girls are people I knew before they joined Thai Friendly. Range of jobs from teacher, air hostess, working at Australian visa office, junior cosmetic scientist - I know them all well and have a lot of mutual friends. When you're friends with someone on facebook it's a pretty big window into their life as Thais share almost everything.

It's not fantasy. I don't want a hooker for a girlfriend but other than that I couldn't care less if she has a top job or she works at 7/11 if she's a nice person and she interests me.

Fantasy works the other way if you're one of these guys who has to believe that the vast majority of Thai chicks are hookers so you can justify why they are with a guy and convince yourself that it's due to money so of course you could have her too if you wanted.

Can't believe this thread is still going..... what a load of tosh !

Youre always good for a laugh! clap2.gif

I was being serious, so be careful or I will arrange for a shower of s h i t to Rain down on you from the heavens above !

whats tosh?

and that goes for the rest of you too

Having a bad day? Why dont you go for a walk instead of revisiting threads that annoy you?

No, no, I'm not annoyed.

Have just come back from a walk and about to eat lunch, my slaves are busy preparing that now.

I just like to pump up my chest a bit, stir the pot, so to speak.

Don't really let me stop you for applying more 'tosh' to a thread full of it. :P

The most stunning beautiful, funny, sensual, professional woman I met on Tagged was a 45 years old medical doctor. We just become, and still good friends, because she was looking for a younger farang and with the same financial level. I am 70 and poor. That was 3 years ago, we still good fiends. I am married now, she still alone. I asked why she was on an online dating site, and with her pictures, if she it is well known in her town. Her answer makes a lot of sense to me. She said that she never will go to dating bars or karaoke places where farangs use to go. She also only go out with girl friends from work, and very rare a farang approached them. She said that she is not interested in another Thai men for many good reasons, and that Thai men, that will recognize her, do not look in online dating sites for women. In her page in Tagged she states that she is looking for "friends"...that is the way most good women do, even if its are looking for a date. Yes...she still alone, she still in Tagged, she is tall, slender, and she is an amazing beautiful and educated 47 years old Thai woman. Sorry..I will not give any clues or referral about. And before you do ask, my wife is in the same age and even more beautiful. And before you do ask...I know about beautiful women and I do not settled for less. I am Brazilian. My wife never will wear a "tanga" on Copacabana beach just because she is Thai, but she can compete with my 38 years old Brazilian daughter...and win. Keep looking online for the right one, be a believer, and you will found it....

The most stunning beautiful, funny, sensual, professional woman I met on Tagged was a 45 years old medical doctor. We just become, and still good friends, because she was looking for a younger farang and with the same financial level. I am 70 and poor. That was 3 years ago, we still good fiends. I am married now, she still alone. I asked why she was on an online dating site, and with her pictures, if she it is well known in her town. Her answer makes a lot of sense to me. She said that she never will go to dating bars or karaoke places where farangs use to go. She also only go out with girl friends from work, and very rare a farang approached them. She said that she is not interested in another Thai men for many good reasons, and that Thai men, that will recognize her, do not look in online dating sites for women. In her page in Tagged she states that she is looking for "friends"...that is the way most good women do, even if its are looking for a date. Yes...she still alone, she still in Tagged, she is tall, slender, and she is an amazing beautiful and educated 47 years old Thai woman. Sorry..I will not give any clues or referral about. And before you do ask, my wife is in the same age and even more beautiful. And before you do ask...I know about beautiful women and I do not settled for less. I am Brazilian. My wife never will wear a "tanga" on Copacabana beach just because she is Thai, but she can compete with my 38 years old Brazilian daughter...and win. Keep looking online for the right one, be a believer, and you will found it....

The reason she is still alone, too old! She had a product nobody wants.

Lived alone until 47, good god, she would be a total nightmare to live with.

Off topix I know but one thing I've never understood is why thai girls cry so easily when it comes to relationships

Recent incident, was chatting with girl from tll, I told her I wasn't interested and she said friends only is fine, so we became.friends, I lost my.phone and didn't.contact.her for about three or four days and the next morning she Sent me a video of her crying her eyes out, all red and tears streaming down her eyes

Another incident, I met up with a girl for the second time, we were getting along well, my sister sent me a msg that went "hope you are having a good time, take.care, love NAME"

She stormed off and the next day she sent me a photo of her crying.her eyes out in bed.

I don't think I've seen a western woman cry unless it's a long term.relationship or a marriage

The old guy with the hottie I find is regularly rare here, unless he has something going for him - money, style or more likely a mixture of both.

Because a good looking girl can find a younger guy with money easily.

So if a looker is staying with an old fart like me for an extended period of time,I find she genuinely has feeling for the guy and they enjoy a 'honeymoon' period just like everybody else.

Yes the age gap longer term can cause conflict.

But whilst in the honeymoon period, the girl gets a lot more appreciation from the guy and his less likely to be a butterfly than a younger guy.

​Some thing a distraught Thai girl just broken up with her Thai butterfly boyfriend appreciates more than most of us can imagine.

So my experience is a 'genuine' girl found on line is a pretty good bet.

Of course, far more common is the old guy by the pool, on the street, shopping or in a restaurant with a somewhat battle scarred and dour faced country woman of very little visible charm or appeal. Thing is, he may think he has a good deal, but for me it would cruel and unusual punishment.

You make some good points. Im not trying to be adversarial, but I just want to ask you about the age difference you mention. If what you call a "looker" is staying with an old fart for an extended period, how might that cause more conflict during the extended period than it does during the honeymoon stage? I think you might be right, with a possible generation gap there, but if he takes good care of her and fulfills her needs, it might be a win-win for both parties.

I also think that if an old guy with a "battle scarred and dour faced country woman" has found happiness, good for him.

Many reasons.

For example-

If he is 55 and the girl is 25.

In 10 years she will be in her peak sexually, he will not.

He will be on average more sickly than she.

A heart attack, diabetes or a bout of cancer can put a downer on anybody's character and a relationship.

Of course personality's change with age.

As you can see there are plenty of grumpy old guys on here!

A typical result of an age gap is more jealousy.

She wants kids!

All more reasons on top of the normal problems couples have to contend with.

However it doesn't change my opinion that a young pretty girlfriend for a 'honymoon' period of time is far better for the soul,( 'your only as old as the girl that your feeling'') option, than the dour faced country women.

But I accept 'each to his own'.

Personaly, I prefer a 'classic' car and a young, pretty, vibrant girlfriend.

Always following my personal mantra of ' nothing lasts for ever'.

And as I'm a hedonist.

Carpe Diem.

If he is 55 and the girl is 25.

In 10 years she will be in her peak sexually, he will not.

You're talking about me, right,

Stop right there, I'm unlikely to be around in 10 years, why would I care about she wants then?

Come to think of it, if she were 25, I'd be unlikely to last 10 weeks.

Negative feedback.

I been living here longer than 9 years, speak Thai fluently, also some Lao and Khmer = not a advantage.

Personally I think they want a man younger than 50 - who don't speak Thai, aka know too much.

in my case: 1 out of 100 reply on Thaifriendly. Waste of time.

On Philippines dating site I get 80-90 replies out of 100.

Whats the name of the Phillipines dating site?

HeavyDrinker, seems you are not willing to believe a true story for some reason.

We met through TF, chatted online for 4 months, met in person late last year, decided to get married and that is that.

She is 42 and works as a Biochemist at Siriraj Hospital with a salary of 49.000 Baht a month.

I am 55, work as an Air Traffic Controller at Prestwick Centre and am lucky to earn £94,959 pa

I will be drawing down my final salary pension next April and then hope to work part-time and spend every other month in Thailand, if NATS (www.nats.aero) will not agree to that, then my pension (£42,000 pa) and lump sum (£280,000) will be sufficient for all our future plans.

My wife will be quitting her job early next year and returning to Ubon to run her business http://www.pratinmansion.com , taking care of her one son and letting her retired teacher mother have more time to herself.

I am neither deluded or a liar, if any of you don't want to believe I have been very lucky then that's your problem.

HeavyDrinker, seems you are not willing to believe a true story for some reason.

We met through TF, chatted online for 4 months, met in person late last year, decided to get married and that is that.

She is 42 and works as a Biochemist at Siriraj Hospital with a salary of 49.000 Baht a month.

I am 55, work as an Air Traffic Controller at Prestwick Centre and am lucky to earn £94,959 pa

I will be drawing down my final salary pension next April and then hope to work part-time and spend every other month in Thailand, if NATS (www.nats.aero) will not agree to that, then my pension (£42,000 pa) and lump sum (£280,000) will be sufficient for all our future plans.

My wife will be quitting her job early next year and returning to Ubon to run her business http://www.pratinmansion.com , taking care of her one son and letting her retired teacher mother have more time to herself.

I am neither deluded or a liar, if any of you don't want to believe I have been very lucky then that's your problem.

Only in thaialbd!

Nope, I am in Troon right now, fly back to Thailand next Tuesday.

Seems you do not understand that I am still working full-time.

PS, Can anyone let me know if there are any problems changing avatars, trying to let you all see me and my wife together but keeps defaulting back to my old pic.

I have been living with a girl I met on ThaiFriendly for 4 years. I am 63. She is 24. Yes she is a bit expensive but she is honest. She now has a job in Patong waitressing at some posh restaurant so I don't have to give her as much as I used to.

I have been living with a girl I met on ThaiFriendly for 4 years. I am 63. She is 24. Yes she is a bit expensive but she is honest. She now has a job in Patong waitressing at some posh restaurant so I don't have to give her as much as I used to.

Hugh, not meaning to offend, but your post raises a few red flags.

is that posiitive or negative feedback

is that posiitive or negative feedback

Patong, expensive, 39 year age gap, , no job until recently, don't sleep together; seems like a very balanced relationship

the utter racism shown toward thai females simply trying to survive in amazing. I know many good thai ladies who do not scam men.I know many ex-bar girls with hearts of gold. We men balme everything upon these poor girls who are only doing what they have to do in ordfer to survive.

If the world was not so male dominated they would not have to do this.

the utter racism shown toward thai females simply trying to survive in amazing. I know many good thai ladies who do not scam men.I know many ex-bar girls with hearts of gold. We men balme everything upon these poor girls who are only doing what they have to do in ordfer to survive.

If the world was not so male dominated they would not have to do this.

I'm not blaming anyone for being lazy. I'm a bit lazy too.

But not lazy enough to sell my arse.

No survival involved here, greedy and lazy is what's involved here.

If Thailand is male dominated, why was the last PM female, and why are all the small business run by women?

Problem with many foreign men in Thailand they don't speak Thai (more laziness), and just believe the stories prostitutes tell them.

Thai man no good, foreign man very hansum, treat me good, blah, blah.

When the truth is the Thai men don't spend much money on ageing hookers, and don't believe their silly lies.

I don't know any good Thai ladies that have relationships with foreign men, not one.

Met plenty of lazy hookers and scammers that do though.

It's actually been a bit of a hobby of mine (and a few pals), looking for just one nice Thai lady that doesn't cheat her foreign bf/husband.

Befriended plenty, eavesdropped on many Thai conversations and phone calls (I don't let on I understand), not found one, not ONE.

Guys with girls their own age, old men with young girls, old men with medium aged girls, not one honest relationship in the lot.

Was hoping to find at least one respectable Thai girl with a foreign man, disappointed many times.

Mind you, the foreign guys usually don't have a clue what's going on.

It's really sad.

Not always sex for money problems though (but mostly).

A few that just want sex with different partners, many debt and gambling, many scammers, a few drug and alcohol.

It's great that some of you have found temporary happiness, on an online dating site (or anywhere else).

But from what I've been seeing and hearing, I doubt it's reality, and I hope you don't lose too much.

For all I know you guys have found the true love that I couldn't see in any of my pals relationships, if so, good on yer.

Success as in getting jiggy? Yes. That's not a brag: literally anyone can get success there, because There's a 1:10 male/female ratio. Just upload a photo and the messages will roll in.

Success at meeting a well rounded girl and potential girlfriend? No way! Be very careful. Girls that have resorted to online dating, there's usually a good reason why they've had no success in day-to-day life. There might be a few nice ones, but there are a LOT of crazies. Have a look and good luck to you, just be cautious.

edit: Obviously watch out for prostitutes on there. Pretty easy to spot them. If you put on your profile that you don't want a hooker they will leave you alone. Unless you DO want to pay for a girl. But if that's the case, why not save yourself a lot of time and just go to the red light district?

Off topix I know but one thing I've never understood is why thai girls cry so easily when it comes to relationships

Recent incident, was chatting with girl from tll, I told her I wasn't interested and she said friends only is fine, so we became.friends, I lost my.phone and didn't.contact.her for about three or four days and the next morning she Sent me a video of her crying her eyes out, all red and tears streaming down her eyes

Another incident, I met up with a girl for the second time, we were getting along well, my sister sent me a msg that went "hope you are having a good time, take.care, love NAME"

She stormed off and the next day she sent me a photo of her crying.her eyes out in bed.

I don't think I've seen a western woman cry unless it's a long term.relationship or a marriage

Yeah, your "sister" 555. Giving them a dose of their own medicine, huh? thumbsup.gif

Archived