British Corner Shop

thonglorjimmy

I have just been on their website. The delivery for Thailand is 40 pounds. I filled a box (90 pounds) which took ages going through the site. The it disappeared!!!!! I am not sure if I can be bothered to do it again.

There are quite a few bits and pieces you cannot get anywhere in Thailand. But some things are cheaper here. Berrocca vit c tabs are 215 bahr here or 430 baht on the site. And I can buy wine gums (when I can find them) cheaper here.

If you fill a box and pay the delivery you are not going to save much. But what fun it will be opening it. Like being a kid on Xmas day.

re

If you fill a box and pay the delivery you are not going to save much. But what fun it will be opening it. Like being a kid on Xmas day.

and better if it was delivered by one of these :)

i had a thought the other day about walnut whips

they were yummy !

dave2

post-42592-0-25170800-1401711652_thumb.j

re

and better if it was delivered by one of these :)

i had a thought the other day about walnut whips

they were yummy !

dave2

A Walnut Whip fantasy! Awsome....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well I threw caution to the wind and ordered a box of goodies, the 15% discount on my first order swung it for me.

I ordered late on Tuesday, it was dispatched from their depot in Bristol on Thursday, arrived at Heathrow on Friday and arrived at the EMS Centre in Bangkok yesterday.

Later yesterday it said that the parcel had been sent to the delivery depot, so I was looking forward to my goodies arriving tomorrow.

However the tracking note now says "Held by the delivery agent, waiting for the payment of charges".

Oh well you live and learn, just have to see what sort of charges they want levy.

Edited by thonglorjimmy

Its not the postage you need worry about it's customs when they open the box and check you have a licence to import the foodstuffs....

I think that is the sort of advice the OP was seeking when he originally sought help.

It looks to me that the customs have already opened the box and levied a charge before sending to the delivery agents.

I have used them many times with no problems at all...very satisfied.

Their way of giving you the weight of your box against the postal weight charges is a great help.

With the choices here in Chiang Mai for imported foods there isnt the urgency for ordering that there used to be.

Their way of giving you the weight of your box against the postal weight charges is a great help.

With the choices here in Chiang Mai for imported foods there isnt the urgency for ordering that there used to be.

Have you ever been charged Customs Duties?

Have you ever been charged Customs Duties?

NO,Not On their parcels

Its not the postage you need worry about it's customs when they open the box and check you have a licence to import the foodstuffs....

Got the parcel without any drama, the Thai Post delivered a note saying that I needed to pay 800 Baht at the Post Office, paid the money and was handed the parcel.

OK not cheap overall, but got some things I couldn't find here and, for me, it was worth it.

7 days from order to collection.