Nana 8:30 Group - Ambassador Hotel - other options

ding

Bringing Mae Yai to Bangers for her first time and want to show her a special time. I thought it would allow me to go to AA meetings without abandoning the family if we stayed at the Ambassador Hotel on Suk soi 11.

Are there better options you veterans know of?

Need a pool and gym with weight. Most of all *convenient to good AA*.

( I know... this is probably not the best forum for this question. I fell very very bad already)

aathailand.org

Ambassador 8:30 is a good, steady meeting, but perhaps not the hotel I would choose to stay with family.

Lots of meetings in the Suk area and tons of great hotels to stay, all within a 10 minute walk to the various meetings. If you get a chance try the Bangkok Group- the original BKK meeting (so I'm told- but open to correction). It does wax and wane a little, though.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

Make sure you register at the Ambassador as Husband & Wife, otherwise they will haunt you at the elevators trying to charge you a B600 "Joiner fee" every time you go up to your room. They are know pains in the ass about that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A great time was had by all. The meeting was outstanding. Even had 2 new guys.

Khun Mae was diggin' the elevator and carpet on the floor. The gym in the Ambassador worked fine- had enough equipment- though the flat bench was a deathtrap if I used any weight at all with no spotter. The salt water pool made my son itchy but I liked it. Breakfast buffet was great. Dinner not so much, but we wanted to eat there once in appreciation. The corner store was convenient and I didn't mind the massage girl attention at all (had no idea they were there and I brought my son with me - oops!). He survived just fine.

We all had a wonderful time there and I'd go back to the Ambassador again.

They never disrespected my wife once, as happened at Imperial Queen's Park Hotel more than once.

Chaweng has turned into Mexico, however, and I wont go back there- just like Mexico.

Fekking Jayziz!!!!

'How to screw up paradise 101'.

The sand used to be fluffy and white, the water crystal clear blue, and there were no asshat vendors abusing you and your family every 5 meters. Didn't even bother with the taxi mafia to get to a meeting and too many have died on motorbikes there lately. What a shyithoal.

Edited by ding
  • Like 1