Truck slams into footbridge, cripples morning traffic on Bangkok's Petchburi Road

webfact

didnt they say 30,000 trucks were no longer on the roads the other day, maybe they need to remove even more if they are all idiots like this drop kick. How in the hell can you drive around with the tray still up in the air and not know, you can feel the difference in the handling, probably too busy texting or talking on his mobile. These drivers need to be pulled into line and made to sit proper test before they are allowed to drive any sort of truck.

The driver had the truck bed RAISED whilst driving around?

Yea tipper trucks drivers forget to drop down their tipper body some times,,,driving in a hurry,tired,distracted(looking for pussy),Done myself,sorry to say. crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Just maybe... now ...that the Police Dept has a new man in charge something will be done about the low standard of driving in Thailand.

As the saying goes.

Thais are nice people until they get behind the wheel of a car.

I think that saying is true of pretty much every country's people. Ditto for people on internet discussion groups, where normally civil people turn into rude a__holes.

Actually, except for being very dangerous drivers and Thailand having the world's second-highest traffic-related per capita death rate, I find the Thai's to be the most courteous people in traffic. When you're on the street during BKK's rush hour, stop and listen to how many horns are honking. It's always very few. Then compare that to the cacophony of horns you hear in other countries, including USA and Europe. It's much worse that in Thailand.

Seems like this truck was more effected that a Suthep crowd... Cheaper too! Took just one truck and one driver to do. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

SUTHEP ??? That fascist --dems cannot win---Yingluck played her cards right during the protests----Chalerms CAPO---oooohhh my god soorrryyy I can see now it's about a truck driver with it extended---at 4am --we all get like that at that time ???

Just maybe... now ...that the Police Dept has a new man in charge something will be done about the low standard of driving in Thailand.

As the saying goes.

I think that saying is true of pretty much every country's people. Ditto for people on internet discussion groups, where normally civil people turn into rude a__holes.

Actually, except for being very dangerous drivers and Thailand having the world's second-highest traffic-related per capita death rate, I find the Thai's to be the most courteous people in traffic. When you're on the street during BKK's rush hour, stop and listen to how many horns are honking. It's always very few. Then compare that to the cacophony of horns you hear in other countries, including USA and Europe. It's much worse that in Thailand.

It's nowt to do with the horn, the reason is simple each Thai is on the road for one purpose only because he wants to be---oblivious of others--he drives for himself only wanting to be where he wants and will never mind if he cuts you off. You see, he does not use his horn not so much because he is courteous, it is he wouldn't know if anyone else is driving wrong that's the reason he doesn't honk. Most actually are UNAWARE they are driving incorrectly, because if you pip them they have no idea why.

• Like 1

didnt they say 30,000 trucks were no longer on the roads the other day, maybe they need to remove even more if they are all idiots like this drop kick. How in the hell can you drive around with the tray still up in the air and not know, you can feel the difference in the handling, probably too busy texting or talking on his mobile. These drivers need to be pulled into line and made to sit proper test before they are allowed to drive any sort of truck.

"......didnt they say 30,000 trucks were no longer on the roads.........."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/731065-300000-trucks-idle-after-economic-slowdown-land-transport-federation-thailand/

It's only numbers after all. What's the odd extra zero here and there?rolleyes.gif

As the saying goes.

It's nowt to do with the horn, the reason is simple each Thai is on the road for one purpose only because he wants to be---oblivious of others--he drives for himself only wanting to be where he wants and will never mind if he cuts you off. You see, he does not use his horn not so much because he is courteous, it is he wouldn't know if anyone else is driving wrong that's the reason he doesn't honk. Most actually are UNAWARE they are driving incorrectly, because if you pip them they have no idea why.

Amen, zero situational awareness.

• Like 1

The same thing happened somewhere else in Bkk a couple of weeks ago.

Well, then, that explains the source of the problem. Get Somchai on the phone and start demolishing those pesky pedestrian overpasses.

As well no one was walking across the bridge.

I think the bridge was just trying to cause trouble, lowering it's self down as the lorry was passing under.---could be a Thai driver excuse for the incident.

I would have thought the truck would have had some form of device to alert the driver the bed was still up,however even if i did i suppose it no longer worked due to lack of maintenance.

It does. It's called a rear view mirror........

I would have thought the truck would have had some form of device to alert the driver the bed was still up,however even if i did i suppose it no longer worked due to lack of maintenance.

It does. It's called a rear view mirror........

It's a mirror for the driver, looking to see if he is still handsome, it's position would not give him a rear view.

Listen mates - a tipper truck recently drove into the Sydney Tunnel and slowly raised (we assume accidentally) his tipper - slowly scrapped a deepening portion off the roof - but kept on driving despite the chaos behind him . Finally stopped when his cab lifted off the ground and got slammed into the roof of the tunnel. When interviewed he said he hadn't hear anything because he was wearing headphones and listening to his I-pod (must have had noise reducing headphones) - so it is not just Thais.

By the way ratcatcher - I had a real giggle at the pics from the ole USofA of similar dumb accidents

If you are going to complain about Thainess maybe you should go back where you came from. wai2.gif

Ha ha, thanks for that lol

If "Thainess" = stupidity, then yes I will have something to say about it. And often do.