Where to meet a good Thai girls in Bangkok considering my situation? Any help appreciated

justme123

Hey guys,

I'm new here but I have been looking through existing threads the whole day already and also found some good information. However I thought I'd still give it a try and see if anyone can help me out furhter.

About myself:

I'm in the middle of my 20ies, just finished my Master degree and currently live in Bangkok. I'm an average looking guy who is only 170 cm short/tall but in a good shape (probably a bit too muscular for Thai taste... or in other words: it wouldn't be the first time that my boobs are bigger than hers). I have been with Thai girls before and I would consider myself being used to the culture. What makes me different from most guys in my age living here, is that I actually speak Thai to a useable extend, both spoken as well as written. I mean, I still got a huge accent, but I can pretty much express anything I want and some people said that when I write to them, they couldn't even tell that I'm a foreigner (guess that's probably just ปากหวาน Paak Waan).

The thing is... I'm a lazy fool who doesn't go out much unless it's sports or necessary or travelling. So it's kinda hard for me to meet girls and I usually am shy when it comes to meeting new people.

I am single now thus I'm currently trying to find a nice girl. For me pretty much everything is fine... I honestly would prefer a long-term relation ship but I guess I wouldn't mind a Gig neither. The thing is... I am picky.

Conclusion: Average guy who can speak thai, but is picky and at the same time shy.

Soooo my question is, where would you recommend me to go and try pickung up / getting to know girls easily? Especially when I'm on my own

I've read that a lot of people suggest Paragon but honestly it's quite uncomfortable for me to walk up to a total stranger in such an environment. I've been there many times for shopping and I've never really seen any opportunity where I felt I should really go there and chat up a girl.

The other thing I was just reading about a second ago was RCA. I've been there with Thais before and that time didn't really care about any girls, but it didn't seem very inviting for picking up girls to me (mostly groups sitting together and I'd feel weird to just walk in there).

My previous Thai gfs were friends of friends. Once I get talking to a Thai girl, usually I do just fine... my problem is getting to talk to them.

Are there any places you can recommend?

What do you guys think about Kaosarn? Thong Lor (if good, where exactly)?

Are there any good sport activities where it's easy to meet girls? I guess that would fit myself the best...

Well anyway... any answers that are actually directed at my questions are highly appreciated. I can provide more information as well if anyone is curious about something I said. However if you don't have anything constructive to say... please just say nothing - thanks.

(Sry if it's the wrong subforum or something)

• Like 1

A little bit of an old codger these days, but the fact you speak Thai, and appear to reasonably educated will certainly put you in good stead against the majority of fantasists that hang around Thai Visa, Lower Sukhumvit, or with their Thai Friendly Bride.

Sports clubs and Gyms, and even other special interest groups will be ok places, as well as University Campus', oh I still love a stroll around Salaya Campus.

The other spots will be Thong Lor, Ratchada and RCA. Go to a few events like Bangkok Young Professionals, Movers and Shaker and Chamber events as well, just watch out for the bottom feeding "financial advisors".

If all else fails, then Thai Friendly has a reputation.

Edited by snottgoblin
  • Like 2

OP should realize there's not much point asking on here.

The typical - I say again, TYPICAL - member on this forum doesn't have a clue about how to meet conventional women.

That's why they're in Thailand for crying out loud

Lol, so if you know then why don't you share.

I think you should be fine going out in ratchada, thong lor, or kaosarn. Easy to meet meet people. If you are shy then just get some beers and you'll feel better talking to these girls.

I've a lot of thai friends who love foreigner (especially if they are in their mid 20s who can speak thai).

• Like 2

I think you should be fine going out in ratchada, thong lor, or kaosarn. Easy to meet meet people. If you are shy then just get some beers and you'll feel better talking to these girls.

I've a lot of thai friends who love foreigner (especially if they are in their mid 20s who can speak thai).

Agreed, he really shouldn't have much problem.

thanks guys!

the events you mentioned sound actually clever, the atmosphere should be inviting for getting to know new people

I just thought of one question that I would like to ask as well:

How do you approach the girls when they are total strangers? Just introduce yourself? Or you do one of the tricky things like "Oh I don't know where to find.... "

A Korean friend of mine said he always reads some Thai books or whatever and then asks them to explain a word... it seemed to work quite well for him.

I checked out Thai Friendly once. I think the chances to find a good girl there are pretty low... the only girls I liked had children already and I am not ready for such a responsability yet.

I probably check them out this week. I haven't been in Kaosarn for ages and Thong Lor only once... Where to go in Thong Lor?

Actually... probably I ride my bike there today to check the area out (Thong Lor)

Edited by justme123
  • Like 1

@snottgoblin: do you know where to go @ Thong Lor? Been there only once a very long time ago during Helloween and I was so drunk I can't remember anything

I haven't been down there for a couple of years as the Wife and me don't spend much time in Bangkok these days, although we have a property there, so my info would not be the most up to date, and places come and go and change names.

I'm more of a resteraunt and a quiet bar person these days

• Like 2

I know there are some good restaurants in that area too and I'm hungry anyway... guess I'll just drive along the street and see if there's anything interesting

sooo thanks again for everything and if anyone else has any ideas I'd be happy to hear about it as well

hv a nice evening guys

The typical - I say again, TYPICAL - member on this forum doesn't have a clue about how to meet conventional women.

I consider myself a "TYPICAL" guy and I,ve met two "conventional" thai ladies both in their early 40,s both with university degrees and earning excellent salaries in Bangkok,one of them is currently living with me in a very happy and stable relationship-the other is still a good friend but now in the USA.

How do you approach the girls when they are total strangers? Just introduce yourself? Or you do one of the tricky things like "Oh I don't know where to find.... "

A Korean friend of mine said he always reads some Thai books or whatever and then asks them to explain a word... it seemed to work quite well for him.

There isn't one good approach. You sound like a smart guy, use your intelligence to adapt your methodology to the circumstances. This takes practice and you'll have to make a fool of yourself a few times before you can do this well with confidence.

Sometimes you can go right in and introduce yourself, sometimes you need to take it slower, you need to learn how to judge which method will be best.

I can give you some suggestions of places to look but you'll need to be more specific about what type of girl you want, there are good girls everywhere. E.g. class/job/background/personality/appearance/etc.

• Like 1

yup.

few here would have a clue.

Personally the friends of friends is the best way to go.

I used to throw sizable parties. always an interesting result.

go see a dj, stanton warriors are in town saturday - hope the curfew doesn't interfere.

I consider myself a "TYPICAL" guy and I,ve met two "conventional" thai ladies both in their early 40,s both with university degrees and earning excellent salaries in Bangkok,one of them is currently living with me in a very happy and stable relationship-the other is still a good friend but now in the USA.

you are going to be a lot of help to our 20's OP then arent you.

though i dont recall him mentioning that he was seeking a cougar.

you are going to be a lot of help to our 20's OP then arent you.

though i dont recall him mentioning that he was seeking a cougar.

My reply-if you care to read it properly-was in response to Cypress Hill,s comment about "typical members of this forum" as regards to "seeking a cougar" where is this mentioned in either post? I dont know what medication you are on but it aint doing you any good whistling.gif

I was thinking about at Universities at the library.I believe a lot of women in your age group would want to meet A farang near their same age that speaks Thai.

Another place maybe an upscale Kareoke bar.Maybe practice singing A thai song or two.Maybe A little Elvis .

Um most guys would give their left arm to be in their 20's,that know thai,and living in Thailand

You really have it made.

• Like 1

Try getting on at the Thonburi BTS AT 8-00 AM. Amazing body to body with office girls ,very easy to strike a conversation.

ive never seen fatangs go up and start conversations. maybe in bars where they grab a handful of azz................lol.

Edited by choochoo

Just been Thonglor but only driving through. There's a nice Pizza place ("pizzaservice") that is very close to a nice looking club. It's tiny and when I went inside there were 2 stunners - with boyfriends however. When I ordered in Thai I felt like pretty much the whole restaurant is watching me. Usually I don't get that feeling in Bangkok as there are many Farangs who can actually speak Thai but probably it was related to the small size of the Pizzeria. I think if that place wouldn't close at 11 p.m., then it wouldn't be too bad spot. They have a lot of pictures of costumers (not Dara's) and wow... not bad.
Most of the clubs didn't seem so inviting to me but two of them looked quite nice from the outside. Next time I'll get be better dressed and check them out I guess.

And if you cant get laid, pls dont turn into a nutter like that Elliot Rodger chap.

Stolen from a P' Daa song: ไม่มีใคร รีบไปไหน - I'm not in a hurry.

There isn't one good approach. You sound like a smart guy, use your intelligence to adapt your methodology to the circumstances. This takes practice and you'll have to make a fool of yourself a few times before you can do this well with confidence.

Sometimes you can go right in and introduce yourself, sometimes you need to take it slower, you need to learn how to judge which method will be best.

I can give you some suggestions of places to look but you'll need to be more specific about what type of girl you want, there are good girls everywhere. E.g. class/job/background/personality/appearance/etc.

I usually don't mind making a fool of myself but somehow it changes when it comes to girls... but I guess you are right anyway or at least it makes sense to me.

What type of girl I want is a good question. Please do not get confused with my answers, my native language is not English. I'd pretty much want a girl who a) is good looking B) has a nice character and c) has a reasonable job or a very good family. I kinda stopped trusting women (not related to Thailand) so a reasonable job or a good background is important to me so that at least I know the girl is with me because she really wants to be with me. For instance my very first Thai gf had a sister that had a really good job. Before she had that job she was dating a guy from Switzerland and when I was talking to her she once mentioned something like... if she had that job before, she would have never dated the Swizz guy anyway. I don't want to be that guy (I'm not from Switzerland anyway but I guess you get the point).

Don't get me wrong guys... I'm new here and everything... but could the both of you cut down the spam? I'm actually interested in this thread and not so much about a discussion about bar girls or a discussion whether a Farang can have a good Thai girl or not. Thanks

• Like 1

Shyness can be a killer, especially if you are flying solo as you are more prone to just keep to yourself. Find yourself a wingman with a type A personality and let him break the ice with the ladies, giving you an entry to the convo.

• Like 1

I'd pretty much want a girl who a) is good looking cool.png has a nice character and c) has a reasonable job or a very good family.

Most girls from a "very good family" would be looking at other Thais/Asians who look like someone from a soap or one of those spiky haired herberts from a Korean boy band wink.png

The OP hasn't stated what he does (study? work?) and how long he's lived in Thailand (to learn to read/write Thai).

P.S If you've got plenty of $$$ drive your Lambo down to Funky Villa thumbsup.gif

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL