Public opinion to be considered in reform: Thailand

webfact

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOTICE

Due to the fluid situation in Thailand and the pressure being placed on the media, Thaivisa will temporarily impose strict limitations on any comments that can be construed as being negative about the imposition of Martial Law or the Coup.

Posters will also not be permitted to make references to the royal family.

It is the hope of Thaivisa that this will be a temporary situation. Thaivisa will continue to monitor the situation and it is our wish that in a short while we will be able to less strict in the policy concerning posting.

Posts contravening the policy will be removed without notice.

Please exercise extreme care in your posts. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

/Admin

• Like 1

Among the measures suggested by the coalition are strictly enforcing the law against corruption to prevent bribe-taking, developing effective mechanisms to punish corrupt politicians and bureaucrats, encouraging more public participation in the fight against graft and promoting an anti-corruption culture, especially among the younger generations.

Again, this is a very sensible and well thought out coup so far and relatively restrained. Kudos so far. I hope it continues in the same way and doesn't get derailed.

Agree. The most promising element this time around is the Army is involving everyone in the process. Thats where the 2006 coup with good intention failed miserably by the Army deciding policy etc. with very limited consultation with those that mattered and then throwing their outcomes on the public with a like it or lump referundum.

Full kudo's to Khun General Prayuth and his teams. To date they are certainly setting the coup bar standard, and setting it very high. Long may it continue in the positive optimistic steady pace being set. After all history is confined to the books very day and was never intended to be static.

• Like 1

I thought the people expressed their opinion when they elected the previous government.

What's that got to do with corrupt-diabolical-control freak of a government, that had to be thrown out lock stock and barrel .

We just keep hearing from this clan the same excuse. if your elected you can govern how you like ATTITUDE. ( legally elected=people decided=landslide) this does not cover i'm afraid gross negligence and illegal functioning.

When all the S##t has hit the fan in the courts and the clean up finished -reforms in place--THEN we will see who is voted in.

Your comment is now history and old hat. live with it.

But the comment is true nevertheless.

Yes I agree, BUT what happened after is what is missing, it's all very well putting in the initial event to make the post look good.

EVERYTHING has to be cleaned up by somebody, we only have the army--the ballot box will fail to do it.

Wouldn't it be nice to see all the wrongdoers banned for life from politics, and the party concerned in the last government as it is responsible.

To repeatedly post about the people to decide is crazy, unless you want the same thing to happen to the county===the country cannot have this repeated again.

Clean up--reforms--ballot box. Nothing wrong with this, unless you want the Thaksin red brigade again.

What a novel idea, considering public opinion?

Wonder if that will catch on?

Yes it is a novel idea and it would be very nice if it did catch on, and not only here in Thailand. There are a few other countries which would possibly do better to think like this.

• Like 1

What a novel idea, considering public opinion?

Wonder if that will catch on?

Probably, once the correct reforms are in place along with reduced bribery and threats etc. at the ballot box, then it won't be novel, just normal as in most civilised countries.

• Like 1

Go and get the reform plan from Suthep. For over 6 months of demanding reform, I am sure he has them all detailed out.

Elected---then--diabolical governing-then protests highlighting gross mismanagement too bad to re hold elections until probed-then red threats-then confrontation-then control at last-then clean up-then reforms-then elections.

What the heck are you mentioning the Suthep for---all that was a protest to make persons aware that governments elected are NEVER entitled to do whatever they wish without serious consequences. That meant OUT.

• Like 1

I thought the people expressed their opinion when they elected the previous government.

What's that got to do with corrupt-diabolical-control freak of a government, that had to be thrown out lock stock and barrel .

We just keep hearing from this clan the same excuse. if your elected you can govern how you like ATTITUDE. ( legally elected=people decided=landslide) this does not cover i'm afraid gross negligence and illegal functioning.

When all the S##t has hit the fan in the courts and the clean up finished -reforms in place--THEN we will see who is voted in.

Yes I agree, BUT what happened after is what is missing, it's all very well putting in the initial event to make the post look good.

EVERYTHING has to be cleaned up by somebody, we only have the army--the ballot box will fail to do it.

Wouldn't it be nice to see all the wrongdoers banned for life from politics, and the party concerned in the last government as it is responsible.

To repeatedly post about the people to decide is crazy, unless you want the same thing to happen to the county===the country cannot have this repeated again.

Clean up--reforms--ballot box. Nothing wrong with this, unless you want the Thaksin red brigade again.

Unfortunately many do want the Thaksin red brigade again as there is a lot of money to be had and given the chance, Thaksin is (I assume) still prepared to fund the thugs, violence, vote buying to bring this about.

So clean up the mess, instigate reforms, review and change the way voting / ballot boxes are controlled and policed.

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 2

Thaksin won 3 elections on the trot, Yingluck won the election, so YES, people do want the 'red brigade'. Was there less corruption under Abhisit or the TV chef Sundarravej ?

• Like 1

Thaksin won 3 elections on the trot, Yingluck won the election, so YES, people do want the 'red brigade'. Was there less corruption under Abhisit or the TV chef Sundarravej ?

Yawn. Yingluck was not elected by the people.coffee1.gif SOME people want the red brigade---------Yes less corruption under Dems-------

Any more pro propaganda remarks now they are dead and buried and rightly so. keep your dream alive and keep posting old hat--rubbish---live with the clean up.

I still am amazed at all these TV members that bleat on about corruption with regards to the Shinawatra governments.

Wake up and smell the coffee. The coup had nothing to do with corruption.

Try thinking before repeating the story that you have been fed.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

New are we ??? a bit late to be joining the disappearing clan

The coup was to rid Thailand of a regime and prevent hostilities happening.

You find that a bad thing ?? OR elections would have cleared everything upcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

If you think vote buying, intimidation of voters to vote a certain way, bribing village heads and blocking opponent campaigning in a 30 million vote swathe of the country is a template of 'public opinion' I am afraid you are completely deluded.

Then after getting into office (again) the total dismantling of every democratic principle in the book, not to mention the repeated circumventing of the constitution while claiming they have the mandate to do it ........ you think 'public opinion' would support this behaviour?

The election process which forced them into power should have been investigated and the PTP dissolved within their first month should have been what happened, but this is Thailand and a blind eye is turned on these matters.... The massive failing of the EC to police the rule book was the start of this charade back in 2011. Any half reasonable democracy would have seen them dissolved and banned for life from standing as an MP.

Whenever I read the old BS 'they were democratically elected'.... I cringe at the absolute naivety and the crass lack of political judgement from the obviously red poster who has clearly married into a red family and allowed themselves to be indoctrinated into the Thaksin philosophy of bent politics.... Which is why (in some cases) I assume that Thais see farangs as stupid buffalo.

• Like 2

The NCPO seem to be intent on making positive reforms for the country.

We, or the majority of us on TVF, are not Thai citizens but constructive ideas put forward here might just be noticed.

again we see the red and thaksin/ptp apologists trying to ignore anything that is good for the country and talk their absolute garbage. Letting the people have a say is what is needed, ending the corruption and graft/bribes, actually having a police force that does what it is supposed to would be a huge boon as well. Finally we have someone that is prepared to allow the people a say in their own country, not just do as they are told to by the factions, if implemented correctly this could be the best thing that has ever happened to this country, the general deserves a lot of credit for attempting to sort this country out and remove all the bad elements.

• Like 1

I still am amazed at all these TV members that bleat on about corruption with regards to the Shinawatra governments.

Wake up and smell the coffee. The coup had nothing to do with corruption.

Try thinking before repeating the story that you have been fed.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

New are we ??? a bit late to be joining the disappearing clan

The coup was to rid Thailand of a regime and prevent hostilities happening.

You find that a bad thing ?? OR elections would have cleared everything upcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Prevent Hostilities happening? That's worked out so well down South hasn't it !! For someone who has lived in Thailand for so long, you are so intent on focusing on the trees, and not seeing the woods very well.

The levels of violence in the last month were actually down with fewer attacks on the protesters, but you're entitled to your belief as to why the Military chose to step in at that precise moment, rather than step in when there was a considerable amount of violence going on in previous months. Everyone knew there was never going to be a compromise between Suthep's PDRC, The Democrats and the PTP/UDD, the coup was inevitable, I even said a few months back, that a coup was on the cards, as it was the only solution to break the impasse, many others here on TVF said the same thing.

Is the Coup doing great things? Yes of course they are, they're cleaning up a huge mess made by both the ousted Government, and the Protesters, I've not seen much in the main headline stories today, but they're clamping down on the Taxi Mafias in Phuket as well, this General isn't <deleted> about, but his time is short, he's due to retire in September, an never ever forget, when something appears to be too good to be true, they never are and they end up being the opposite ;)

It's early days, the General and the Junta have done some remarkable things, all the things that on the outside appear to be, to maintain public support, which is needed, I applaud the steps taken so far, but there's a part of me that also says that be wary of strangers bearing gifts. The jury is still out, but the Junta needs time, and they should be given that, I also believe that I also said several months ago that the Junta should remain in power for 12-14 months to allow the warring factions to sort their acts out, so far I can sit back and smile and say that I have been right on the button with this one. ;)

• Like 2