MH370 may have crashed close to India

webfact

MISSING JET
MH370 May Have Crashed Close to India

NDTV online

Sydney: -- Australian researchers have detected a low-frequency underwater noise off India's southern tip at about the time MH370 mysteriously disappeared, as a British woman sailing from Kochi to Phuket in March claimed that she may have seen the plane on fire.

The researchers detected the mysterious noise, possibly that of an ocean impact, recorded by two undersea receivers in the Indian Ocean about the time the Malaysia Airlines plane ceased satellite transmissions and vanished on March 8 with 239 people on board.

The researchers released an audio recording on Wednesday of the underwater sound that they say could possibly be related to the final moments of the missing Boeing 777.

"It’s not even really a thump sort of a sound ? it’s more of a dull oomph," Alec Duncan, a senior marine science research fellow at Curtin University near Perth, who has led the research, told The New York Times.

The general vicinity from which the noise emanated is a large area of the central Indian Ocean off the southern tip of India and about 3,000 miles northwest of Australia.

But that is not consistent with calculations of an arc of possible locations in the southeastern Indian Ocean where the plane might have run out of fuel.

Those calculations were from Inmarsat, the global satellite communications company. Scientists have struggled to figure out the origin of the noise.

"If you ask me what’s the probability this is related to the flight, without the satellite data it’s 25 or 30 per cent, but that’s certainly worth taking a very close look at," Duncan said.

Adding to the uncertainty surrounding the plane’s possible final location, a British woman sailing with her husband across the Indian Ocean from Kerala’s port city of Kochi to Phuket in Thailand has claimed she may have seen the plane on fire.

Katherine Tee, 41, reported on Sunday to the Joint Agency Coordination Centre (JACC) that is leading the MH370 search that she was on night-watch on the couple’s 40-feet boat when flight MH370 vanished.

The couple have since re-checked their sailing logs and believe they were near one of the projected flight paths for the aircraft, now missing for nearly three months.

Tee, who was at sea for 13 months, said she did not report the sighting at the time because of marital issues and because she feared being mistaken.

"I saw something that looked like a plane on fire. Then I thought I must be mad. It caught my attention because I had never seen a plane with orange lights before so I wondered what they were...," she told the Phuket Gazette.

Media reports said Australian authorities were looking at Tee’s claim.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-05

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reality it seems that nobody has a clue - not the slightest inkling of where it is. It was supposedly off the south west of Australia, then that slowly moved north, until now its north west of Australia - that's a very large error, indicating that the search crew are at the point of guessing.

• Like 1

They are talking about the pings from the black box. They are talking about a sonar reading of something in the water from a receiver in the ocean.

Personally, I think they should call in a psychic because that's the only thing they haven't tried.

Right now, they are chasing ghosts.

It's just as likely that she saw a meteorite, or even a piece of falling space junk, burning up as it enters the atmosphere and then disappearing into the ocean.

For every meteorite that hits land, there are probably dozens (even hundreds) that crash into the oceans without ever being noticed by anyone.

But with all the media attention and speculation over possible crash sites and she waits almost 2 months to mention anything, because of "marital difficulties" and worried about not being believed ?

And wasn't it an Australian geological exploration crew that thought they may have found possible plane wreckage in an area they had been surveying (in the North part of the Indian Ocean, Bay of Bengal area) ?

Then again, that guy on the oil rig off the coast of Vietnam said he saw a burning plane crashing into the ocean as well.

I make absolutely no claims to be an aviation expert but how do you go from the manual closing down of 2 transponder type devices to a plane descending in flames?

Surely one suggests a conscious decision by a trained person, the jet in flames suggests a terrible accident or some form of sabotage?

I'm probably missing something obvious here.....

I make absolutely no claims to be an aviation expert but how do you go from the manual closing down of 2 transponder type devices to a plane descending in flames?

Surely one suggests a conscious decision by a trained person, the jet in flames suggests a terrible accident or some form of sabotage?

I'm probably missing something obvious here.....

Possible electrical problem that made it neccessary to disable the transponder. Maybe the problem escalated to a full onboard fire similar to the Swissair flight.

Pure speculation on my part and if so you have to wonder at the lack of any mayday, unless of course the problem disabled the comms too.

It's at least reassuring that over the years, with thousands of man hours and millions of dollars invested on R&D by the boffins at Curtin University, Perth, those culminate efforts have resulted in the miraculous technical advance and aid to mankind of a machine that can detect "a dull oomph!"

Priceless!

• Like 2

Whatever all this speculation; one thing is a fact and that is that wherever this plane went down (if, indeed, it did go down in water !) then eventually life-vests, seat-cushions and other identifiable objects MUST have come to the surface, at some point in time - and it would be highly unlikely if some of this debris would not pass by some human eyes somewhere . . . . . .

There's a bit more to this mystery than meets the eye, I reckon.

coffee1.gif

• Like 2

The space junk theory sounds rational. Years ago, I was walking home when the grey concrete path I was on suddenly lit up. I looked into the sky, and a large piece of space debris was coming down, and was very fiery.

It would be so easy to think this was an aircraft.

A whole heap of junk came down about 400km inland and some is now on display in a museum.

I'd say the plane collided with Santa Claus who - with his sled - was on his way to summer vacation in the Maledives. Sorry kids, no presents this coming Christmas sad.png

"It’s not even really a thump sort of a sound ? it’s more of a dull oomph," Alec Duncan, a senior marine science research fellow at Curtin University near Perth, who has led the research, told The New York Times.

Great advertising for the German Elektro-Industrial Band Oomph : http://www.oomph.de/us/home

Perhaps the oopmh they heard was a Humpback whale farting... coffee1.gif

"Once bitten, twice shy".

According to the media, the last possible location of the airplane was a wild goose chase - the Aussie authorities were looking for sharks and tortoises with electronic tags, which they though were the plane's black box transmitter.

It's at least reassuring that over the years, with thousands of man hours and millions of dollars invested on R&D by the boffins at Curtin University, Perth, those culminate efforts have resulted in the miraculous technical advance and aid to mankind of a machine that can detect "a dull oomph!"
Priceless!

I'm sure they used the machine that goes "Ping" as well!

• Like 1

The space junk theory sounds rational. Years ago, I was walking home when the grey concrete path I was on suddenly lit up. I looked into the sky, and a large piece of space debris was coming down, and was very fiery.

It would be so easy to think this was an aircraft.

A whole heap of junk came down about 400km inland and some is now on display in a museum.

Quite so..and, if you are in the middle of the ocean, with no man made lighting to affect you, you will see things that are easily missed in a city or whatever because of the light.

Huahin is right.

Honestly, I am getting really annoyed and bored with "news of MH370". Since one month ago it's already pretty clear what has happened. And these new "news" coming out late May and June are just lame. Late to the game? Still playing that old trick? Still trying to fool people? How about 1 year later and give us another "news" of the "search for MH370". There is no search, there never was.

I've been firm on about 3 theories so far, it may be different, but the main motive remains the same.

This was a planned military exercise from the US with collaboration from "a lot" of certain countries. There were a number of highly intelligent Chinese passengers whose work was related to the US Defense information systems. Things didn't go as planned with containing that information, and the only resort was to eliminate the threats. At first, I was certain it landed in the US military base in the middle of the Indian Ocean on Diego Garcia. Other passengers would be killed except those who still remain useful. Other possible outcome is from what others said, shot down by the military. Last is, the plane's control for the pilots was deactivated and outside military sources now have control of the airport remotely.

As this was a military-motived incident, countries are testing each other of their capabilities. Like the guy who wanted to beat up another guy. He would punch a guy while smiling as if he was joking, to test how strong that opponent is. When this incident occurred, honestly, the participating forces were not surprised. It was a wait and see game. US sits on their chairs and watches. They send some high level officials to the playground to "manage" the operation. Making sure everything is going under control, things are cleaned up, everything is where it should be, and what information would we tell the press this week. Each country releases photos or "false information" from the crappiest intelligence source they could find. China sends their slowest rusted coast guards to the scene for the search. They want to let the world know, their quickest response to the area is days and their equipment is below standards. Other countries play the same, "oh we have low quality radar, oh wait, is it even turned on?"

The point is, US and China are the big players here. Nobody wants to let others know what their capabilities truly are. They would rather have a civilization invade them thinking they only have swords and spears. Once the invasion starts, they bring out their laser guns.

And if the crash did indeed happened, rescue teams were not really rescuing, they were cleaning up the scene. While independent organizations were "forced" to search elsewhere, as they will likely have the excuse of "Thanks for the help, but we have over 7 countries working in this area already, however the gulf of Thailand needs some searching that way our search will expand on a larger radius and chances will be higher." Basically you need to be one of the collaborating countries to be allowed access to that incident site. The US made sure, there were no independent searches in that area, even with Australia's military search, there has to be atleast 1 US official onboard to oversee the situation and filter any information on the spot.

MH370 was just the beginning. Recent attacks by US of accusing China over information hacking is one of the follow ups. Gone were the days of simple pure hearted people, the governments are deeply rooted with evil motives. People's lives used like pawns.

People's lives are just pawns.

Disclosure: All the information above is just my speculation, and I may be crazy. Read with due negligence.

Huahin is right.

Honestly, I am getting really annoyed and bored with "news of MH370". Since one month ago it's already pretty clear what has happened. And these new "news" coming out late May and June are just lame. Late to the game? Still playing that old trick? Still trying to fool people? How about 1 year later and give us another "news" of the "search for MH370". There is no search, there never was.

I've been firm on about 3 theories so far, it may be different, but the main motive remains the same.

This was a planned military exercise from the US with collaboration from "a lot" of certain countries. There were a number of highly intelligent Chinese passengers whose work was related to the US Defense information systems. Things didn't go as planned with containing that information, and the only resort was to eliminate the threats. At first, I was certain it landed in the US military base in the middle of the Indian Ocean on Diego Garcia. Other passengers would be killed except those who still remain useful. Other possible outcome is from what others said, shot down by the military. Last is, the plane's control for the pilots was deactivated and outside military sources now have control of the airport remotely.

As this was a military-motived incident, countries are testing each other of their capabilities. Like the guy who wanted to beat up another guy. He would punch a guy while smiling as if he was joking, to test how strong that opponent is. When this incident occurred, honestly, the participating forces were not surprised. It was a wait and see game. US sits on their chairs and watches. They send some high level officials to the playground to "manage" the operation. Making sure everything is going under control, things are cleaned up, everything is where it should be, and what information would we tell the press this week. Each country releases photos or "false information" from the crappiest intelligence source they could find. China sends their slowest rusted coast guards to the scene for the search. They want to let the world know, their quickest response to the area is days and their equipment is below standards. Other countries play the same, "oh we have low quality radar, oh wait, is it even turned on?"

The point is, US and China are the big players here. Nobody wants to let others know what their capabilities truly are. They would rather have a civilization invade them thinking they only have swords and spears. Once the invasion starts, they bring out their laser guns.

And if the crash did indeed happened, rescue teams were not really rescuing, they were cleaning up the scene. While independent organizations were "forced" to search elsewhere, as they will likely have the excuse of "Thanks for the help, but we have over 7 countries working in this area already, however the gulf of Thailand needs some searching that way our search will expand on a larger radius and chances will be higher." Basically you need to be one of the collaborating countries to be allowed access to that incident site. The US made sure, there were no independent searches in that area, even with Australia's military search, there has to be atleast 1 US official onboard to oversee the situation and filter any information on the spot.

MH370 was just the beginning. Recent attacks by US of accusing China over information hacking is one of the follow ups. Gone were the days of simple pure hearted people, the governments are deeply rooted with evil motives. People's lives used like pawns.

People's lives are just pawns.

Disclosure: All the information above is just my speculation, and I may be crazy. Read with due negligence.

Not maybe you are crazy, your a complete air head, please ensure you take your medication on time, and do try to refrain from spouting off your insane views on a public forum.

• Like 1