Whats up with Thai ladies getting married to much older men?

michaeltheR

okay. I have a confession to make. I will not turn 40 until July 22nd. So I guess I'm not old, but I'm certainly not young. And I will tell you that American men-and I don't know how many of you are American expats-but American men genuinely have a very good reputation among women of the world who are not neurotic upper middle class white women from the suburbs.what time a Vietnamese friend told me that the women in Vietnam have a saying about Vietnamese men. She said the saying is "there are no Vietnamese men." They tend to prefer westerners, and it is not all about the $. it is far more complicated than that. We prefer Latinas and East Asian women. I think it must be biologically driven to a large degree.

There are no Vietnamese men? Wonder what the Vietnamese men think about that.

to be frank, I'm not sure Vietnamese men really know what is being said behind their backs. can I don't know if this is the case I'm on time and, but it certainly is in Vietnam: it is like they are completely unaware of just how beautiful Vietnamese women are and how lucky they are.

Kinda too bad there isn't an NVA troop with an AK-47 around here so you could tell him what is going on behind his back.

I've got plenty of Vietnamese friends dude. You just apparently don't read very much or watch people.I'm just telling you what I've been told by Vietnamese women in various parts of the country. You don't have to like that, you don't have to agree. I don't give a sh*t.

Edited by CharlieH

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be frank, I'm not sure Vietnamese men really know what is being said behind their backs. can I don't know if this is the case I'm on time and, but it certainly is in Vietnam: it is like they are completely unaware of just how beautiful Vietnamese women are and how lucky they are.

Kinda too bad there isn't an NVA troop with an AK-47 around here so you could tell him what is going on behind his back.
I've got plenty of Vietnamese friends dude. You just apparently don't read very much or watch people.I'm just telling you what I've been told by Vietnamese women in various parts of the country. You don't have to like that, you don't have to agree. I don't give a s*it.

You wrote, "She said the saying is "there are no Vietnamese men." They tend to prefer westerners, and it is not all about the $. it is far more complicated than that. We prefer Latinas and East Asian women. I think it must be biologically driven to a large degree."

That is absolute nonsense. Biologically driven? That Vietnamese women prefer Western men?

This is not Germany in the 1930's. Who told you things like this? Do you know what you are saying?

Vietnamese women prefer Westerners?

I know you don't realize it but I'm saving you a fortune; Vietnamese women prefer Vietnamese men over Western men 99 to 1. Thai women 98 to 1.

Feel free to disprove me; link one study that supports your view.

Edited by CharlieH

• 3 weeks later...

I can't qualify as rich. But I'm certainly single and in the words of my 14 year old son, almost dead. The funny thing is this is exactly how I prefer my American women. :)

To the poster who has such a high degree of respect 4 female American academics, I've spent the past 20 years of my life on American campuses and I can tell what you know about American universities may have been true 25 years ago. Times have changed, my friend.

Spoke to a girl in a bar once and jokingly said

They like their men single, rich & almost dead...!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

rolleyes.gif I'm not disagreeing, but I will defend some Thai women here.

I know a 35 year old woman whose THAI husband died in a road accident.

She has 3 children by him, the oldest is not yet 20 years old.

Her family (relatives) is a farmer family and not wealthy.

She has no source of income.

She is an intelligent woman, good looking, and at 35 years of age she still wants a man around the house occasionally.

She found herself a 55 year old Farang and married him.

They are a happy couple, and SHE and him both agreed that she would have his child.

She's about 6 months pregnant now, and it shows.

He's a friend of mine, and he's very happy with his new life and family.

If you questioned her about it about the politest way she would respond is for you to mind your own f----ing business.

And you probably should.

rolleyes.gif

Edited by IMA_FARANG

okay. I have a confession to make. I will not turn 40 until July 22nd. So I guess I'm not old, but I'm certainly not young. And I will tell you that American men-and I don't know how many of you are American expats-but American men genuinely have a very good reputation among women of the world who are not neurotic upper middle class white women from the suburbs.what time a Vietnamese friend told me that the women in Vietnam have a saying about Vietnamese men. She said the saying is "there are no Vietnamese men." They tend to prefer westerners, and it is not all about the $. it is far more complicated than that. We prefer Latinas and East Asian women. I think it must be biologically driven to a large degree.

There are no Vietnamese men? Wonder what the Vietnamese men think about that.

If you have spent any time working in Vietnam you would understand this saying. I have also heard it.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. It is not a saying among any certain class of Vietnamese women it is a saying that is very common. I am glad I am not the only one who knows this.

One only has to spend time in Vietnam and observe what is going on around you to see that the women are the glue which keeps that country going. Doing business with the men you soon learn that they have the mentality of spoiled young brats. Once you get your head around that and learn how to use the face BS to your advantage you can progress with them. Frankly it's the women's fault that their men are such a bunch of imature wuses. They raised them that way.

Cote d'Azur, Miami, Palm Springs, Plenty of old farts with 20 somethings on their arms. Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford, Bradly Cooper; all dating much younger women. Olivier Sarkozy and one of the Olsen twins. She's twenty years younger. Need I mention the former Italian PM Silvio Baliscone?

Of course, if it were more socially acceptable in the west, there would be a lot more of it. I just heard of a 68 yr old marrying a 27 yr old Iraqi war widow in the small town where I grew up. That's 21 years difference. Is there something wrong with that?

I gotta say most of the young men today are joiks and have no clue. The women are the same but at least they are cute and cuddly..

'nuff said

~

Edited by 'nuff said

Of course, if it were more socially acceptable in the west, there would be a lot more of it. I just heard of a 68 yr old marrying a 27 yr old Iraqi war widow in the small town where I grew up. That's 21 years difference. Is there something wrong with that?

~

41 years difference!

Didn't I read in a Durex survey in the Bangkok post a few years ago that Thai girls complained that their men had a hair trigger? Perhaps it takes a Thai man years of practice to forge out a decent 3 minute shag?

they wont be able to raise it without a blue pill in advance and due to thai oldies having diabetes cant raise it under any circumstance.

old men generally die quicker than young men

and that's an attractive feature for some thai girls

Old men die quicker than young men????? uh no Young men, ie under 30 are very immature and macho. Must demonstrate what a hero he is by buying expensive powerful motocyk that he cannot afford. Chances of young man crashing motocy at horendous speed huge.Bye Bye. Old man finds 110 fast enough & seldom guns that. Young man must prove machoness by fighting, not tough enough without it bring knife..... to a gun fight Bye Bye. Young machomust try get rich quick with drugs, with predictable results. Good bye.dead or jail Old man through druggie phase years ago, just says no. Goes home EVERY NIGHT.

The choise seems to be find a mature mate to provide for her that is stable & predictable that will not beat her and has adequate resources to pay the bills and provide the neccesitys of life

or find a child in a pretty mans body who will be unreliable, unpredictable, likely to beat her, out with whatever skank turns his crank, very likely to kill himself on motocyk, or fighting, land in jail, doesnt have the resources to pay the bills.(but will spend what he has & credit to buy a macho motocyk)

HHHHHmmmmmas for the men. Older women have thier uses. So do the youngish ones. One is like a sports car, the other like a school bus.

Have a nice day troll, and let the flames begin.

~

41 years difference!

Thanks.... I thought I corrected that

~