Investigation report of rice scheme is expected to be with NACC next week

Lite Beer

Indeed, the non existent rice is the quickest.

But what to do with this supposedly gargantuan number that numpties on here say came in from Cambodia? Ah yes, that was quantified at a couple of hundred thousand tons. In 30mn that is piddling, barely worth worrying about.

So basically there will had to have been an inflated volume bought that ranks to the millions of tonnes. Possible, but as I said, that needs to complicit assistance of hundreds if not thousands of people to all keep their mouth shut at once.

Maybe a completely shill company was added to the ledger. Issue receipts, get paid. Once again that need the assistance of many. Forget a dozen witnesses.

They should be able and have to produce hundreds.

No one other than you that I have seen has quoted any numbers as to the tonnage of rice that came in from Cambodia.

Your quote ; a couple of hundred thousand tons...........only.

Multiply that by the supposed price to be paid when the rice was sold into the scheme15,000 b per ton = 30 million b claimed from the Govt, (tax payer) only a piddling amount ?

Say if the Cambodian supplier was paid half that, where did the rest go ?

And how high up the chain did the knowledge of the deals go and with that knowledge the payments ?

That is only one aspect, there are so many more.

That it is why the NACC are doing their investigation.

• Like 1

But what to do with this supposedly gargantuan number that numpties on here say came in from Cambodia? Ah yes, that was quantified at a couple of hundred thousand tons. In 30mn that is piddling, barely worth worrying about.

So basically there will had to have been an inflated volume bought that ranks to the millions of tonnes. Possible, but as I said, that needs to complicit assistance of hundreds if not thousands of people to all keep their mouth shut at once.

Maybe a completely shill company was added to the ledger. Issue receipts, get paid. Once again that need the assistance of many. Forget a dozen witnesses.

No one other than you that I have seen has quoted any numbers as to the tonnage of rice that came in from Cambodia.

Multiply that by the supposed price to be paid when the rice was sold into the scheme15,000 b per ton = 30 million b claimed from the Govt, (tax payer) only a piddling amount ?

And how high up the chain did the knowledge of the deals go and with that knowledge the payments ?

I remember the story quite clearly. Everyone was running around screaming that the cambodians are flooding the market.

Then the supposed figure came out in 25,000,000 tons, the figure was tiny. 1% or so.

I.e. hardly worth getting all hot and bothered about and do u think that Yingluck imported it herself?,, do you think that is a massive increase ?

Probably neither.do you realise every time you pick up a sack of rice and drop it, you probably break 0.5% of the product. And yet they use JCB excavators to move stuff around.

Moanijgn about Cambodian infiltration in the market is barely significant to hang Yingluck with. Moisture diddling by the mills has been going on for decades. Didn't hear u moaning then.

30mn in how many billion? My lord, this is really scraping the barrel. Hang Yingluck for 30mn. She can probably write a cheque to pay it back.

Edited by Thai at Heart

A wonderful article in the BP yesterday made the assertion that "since everyone claimed that the former government had made corruption cost 30-50% of all public projects, the military should be able to do the exact same projects for 30-50% less".

There is no escaping this logic.

And it ain't gonna happen boys and girls,....it ain't gonna happen....welcome to the jungle.

You're buying what they're selling, and I laugh at you.

guitar.gifthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I remember the story quite clearly. Everyone was running around screaming that the cambodians are flooding the market.

Then the supposed figure came out in 25,000,000 tons, the figure was tiny. 1% or so.

I.e. hardly worth getting all hot and bothered about and do u think that Yingluck imported it herself?,, do you think that is a massive increase ?

Probably neither.do you realise every time you pick up a sack of rice and drop it, you probably break 0.5% of the product. And yet they use JCB excavators to move stuff around.

Moanijgn about Cambodian infiltration in the market is barely significant to hang Yingluck with. Moisture diddling by the mills has been going on for decades. Didn't hear u moaning then.

30mn in how many billion? My lord, this is really scraping the barrel. Hang Yingluck for 30mn. She can probably write a cheque to pay it back.

Then you had better go back and find some links to prove what you write because I never saw anything like that.

Hang Yingluck for 30 million ?

Is this the only corruption you think has gone on ?

As my ancient granny used to say "Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves"

Or in this case "Find the millions and the billions will add up"

And incidentally I am not moaning, nor am I trying to defend corruption.

• Like 2

I think there could be many whistle blowers , and they are keeping it under raps so others dont get to them .

would be the smart thing to do

I think there could be many whistle blowers

Absolutly, look at what speed they now find wapons. Good!

Then you had better go back and find some links to prove what you write because I never saw anything like that.

As my ancient granny used to say "Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves"

As yet on the rice, they have the paper losses of the subsidy.

So far no one has been convicted of corruption and I don't know anyone personally who lost anything from the subsidy system, so no, I have little reason than assumption to believe that there is corruption in it.

Just because you want to desperately believe that the coup is righteous and the shins are evil don't be surprised when there is little hard proof that the real top guys profited massively from this system.

She might have nicked 30mn, although I have a feeling she doesn't get out of bed for that. So, let's wait and read the apparent billions that they have pilfered.

However, it is more likely people stole here and there and the accusation will be she didn't stop it. Which if it is that case, will be a new one for Thai politics that will be for sure.

http://www.cambodiadaily.com/archives/rice-smuggling-hurting-farmers-expert-says-28552/

In 2003 the fear was 5 to 10% smuggled even back then. So hard to claim it was unusual under Yinglucks plan.

I found one report here but can't paste the link on my phone that the dems claimed 700k tonnes per year smuggled from Cambodia.

Rice crop per year? About 30mn paddy ?? 3%.

This story doesn't need any whistle blowers. Once they follow the paper trail of dubious government to government contracts, export documents and the original large amount allocated to pay the first round, I think they will know what happened. But the grey area will be to prove individual responsibility. Officialdom everywhere are masters at the art of - CARE - cover arse, retain employment.

As yet on the rice, they have the paper losses of the subsidy.

So far no one has been convicted of corruption and I don't know anyone personally who lost anything from the subsidy system, so no, I have little reason than assumption to believe that there is corruption in it.

Just because you want to desperately believe that the coup is righteous and the shins are evil don't be surprised when there is little hard proof that the real top guys profited massively from this system.

She might have nicked 30mn, although I have a feeling she doesn't get out of bed for that. So, let's wait and read the apparent billions that they have pilfered.

However, it is more likely people stole here and there and the accusation will be she didn't stop it. Which if it is that case, will be a new one for Thai politics that will be for sure.

The reason no one has as yet been convicted would probably be because the NACC has as yet not finished their investigation and handed evidence over to a court to seek convictions.

The NACC is not a court only an investigative body and cant convict.

However you may have noticed that cabinet ministers had been removed from office pending farther investigation.

Because you personally have known no one who has lost anything does not mean that it has not happened, indeed there have now been 16 farmers families who have lost a loved one, these sad losses have been attributed to lack of payment from the scheme. Plus of course those who are now in debt from having to borrow to tide themselves over.

You may want to argue that is not corruption but surely it stems from such for had it not been for dodgy practices money would have been made available to pay the farmers before the house was dissolved..

What has the coup got to do with the rice pledging scheme ? Apart from the fact that it has led to the farmers being paid.

Don't know where you got the "want to desperately believe" bit. So far what the General has done is good but there is a long way to go yet and I for one wait to see.

No body and certainly not I, has suggested that Yingluck stole 30 million.

The accusation is that she did not do the job she took on of overseeing the scheme as chair of the policy committee.

I see you now admit that funds have more than likely been pilfered (corrupted) from the scheme, good, now you are seeing the reason the NACC is involved.

• Like 1

The NACC indicted Yinluck for not stopping the corruption and they still have not found any corruption, now that we have full cansorship of the press and most of the constitution binned. Expect to hear stories that will not be challenged until after the next free elections.

The Anti-Democracy people on here will believe anything that is published to smear Yinluck and the anti-coup people will believe the stuff published after the next free election. Nothing will change and Thailand will continue to suffer.

Robbie, I think your figures are a bit on the low side.

Taking 200k tons of rice at Bt15k per ton, I make that Bt3 billion (approx. $100m). Anyone who reckons that is 'scraping the barrel' or is a 'piddling amount' cannot be serious!!

Some (the usual suspects) could say that it is not significant when compared to the projected loss of Bt700b (I certainly wouldn't!) but it is hardly petty cash. Plus, there are likely to be many other elements of the scheme which were used to increase the losses for personal gain.

Robbie, I think your figures are a bit on the low side.

Taking 200k tons of rice at Bt15k per ton, I make that Bt3 billion (approx. $100m). Anyone who reckons that is 'scraping the barrel' or is a 'piddling amount' cannot be serious!!

Some (the usual suspects) could say that it is not significant when compared to the projected loss of Bt700b (I certainly wouldn't!) but it is hardly petty cash. Plus, there are likely to be many other elements of the scheme which were used to increase the losses for personal gain.

I thought that myself mate but I only used the numbers given by the previous poster which they considered to be a piddling amount.

Thought also they must be a lot richer than me.

The NACC indicted Yinluck for not stopping the corruption and they still have not found any corruption, now that we have full cansorship of the press and most of the constitution binned. Expect to hear stories that will not be challenged until after the next free elections.

The Anti-Democracy people on here will believe anything that is published to smear Yinluck and the anti-coup people will believe the stuff published after the next free election. Nothing will change and Thailand will continue to suffer.

The only anti democracy people I know on TVF are the ones that were in denial throughout the 3 years of PTP.

They ruled anti democratically, after being elected (?) democratically.

What do you know about free elections in my countless years here we have never had one.

Wait and you will see the pile of papers on corruption, Makes it difficult when proper accounts were not kept.