NCPO urged to appoint new tourism policy chief

Lite Beer

NCPO urged to appoint new tourism policy chief

6-7-2014-5-01-19-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Tourism Council of Thailand (TCT) has proposed the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) to speedily appoint a new chief of the National Tourism Policy Committee so that it could start work immediately to boost tourism.

TCT president Piyaman Techapaiboon said the priority of the tourism sector now is to restore the country’s image and explain the true situation of the country to foreign tourists.

Through the National Tourism Policy Committee urgent measures could be carried out immediately, she said.

However, she said that since the House dissolution, the committee stayed without the chairman and therefore could not do anything.

Ms Piyaman then encouraged the NCPO to appoint a qualified person to head the committee urgently to do the job to restore image and boost tourism

The committee could help integrate tourism policies and act as the main mechanism in laying down a clear tourism development strategy, she said, adding that tourist confidence would be restored and the country could maintain its revenue target from tourism this year.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/ncpo-urged-appoint-new-tourism-policy-chief/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ncpo-urged-appoint-new-tourism-policy-chief

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-06-07

Isn't the true situation that the country is under military rule and 60 plus countries will not change their recommendations regarding travel to Thailand for their citizens whilst that state of play remains the same?

• Like 1

Isn't the true situation that the country is under military rule and 60 plus countries will not change their recommendations regarding travel to Thailand for their citizens whilst that state of play remains the same?

NO it's not true.

I think that rather than the wind tunnel that would be the "facelift" surgery or maybe the botox injections.

Still she has a point, its hard to run a committee without a proper chairman

NO it's not true.

Shouting again. Is it more than 60+?

I think that rather than the wind tunnel that would be the "facelift" surgery or maybe the botox injections.

Yes, but she wouldn't be getting a string of pearls from me..

NO it's not true.

not shouting just making the word stand out so you noticed it and it worked.

The travel situation has been on it's heels way before the army took over. PTP put the damper on that over a period of time because of it's governing that turned out against them---blame them not the army.

Sorry for you that you have to resort to blame the army for the drop in tourism, Don't forget they are mostly recommendations from last year. Your one of the denial posters regarding PTP are you not ?? hence your dig at the army post. relax enjoy the fresh feeling, and it will get fresher.

• Like 1

Nor me.

NO it's not true.

The travel situation has been on it's heels way before the army took over. PTP put the damper on that over a period of time because of it's governing that turned out against them---blame them not the army.

Sorry for you that you have to resort to blame the army for the drop in tourism, Don't forget they are mostly recommendations from last year. Your one of the denial posters regarding PTP are you not ?? hence your dig at the army post. relax enjoy the fresh feeling, and it will get fresher.

Posting in capitals is shouting which is something you do regularly.

As for my post, what is incorrect?

Is there not a military occupation?

Are there not 60+ countries issuing travel warnings to their citizens?

Are those countries likely to change their position if the military remain in occupation?

Sorry but had to make this remark to this poster.

The rice scheme managed without a proper chairpersoncheesy.gif

I would say it was mismanaged really.

• Like 1

Nor me.

Boys, please, I'm eating.

• Like 1

Need someone to preach the Juntas propaganda to world. All these one sided stories coming out of Thailand by the Junta does nothing to boost Thailand's image. The Junta needs to allow everyone to have a voice and not just them, it is only being seen as a dictatorship where everyone must obey the Army or else.

The Junta has to realise that the world is not Thailand and it can't be fed propaganda and demand that they suck it up as facts. The rest of the world was never raised in the Thai education system where you were spoon fed rubbish by teachers and you were never allowed to question superiors. The world is laughing at the Junta and condemns them.

Edited by chooka

Are those countries likely to change their position if the military remain in occupation?

No some words in capitols are not shouting, usually the term is when full sentences are capitols, or the full post.

Now to make an issue of 1 word --2 letters as your theme on this topic is a bit OTT.

Your post about countries putting out warnings is correct. But as I said it has been in place for yonks now, ever since the protests started.

There is not a military as you are insinuating, we have not been invaded, just a stop to any ongoing hostilities which was needed--so tell me who was going to stand in other than the army ??

All your post is about is the refusal to accept the army has had to fill in the void left by a diabolical government---simple as that.

Your first sentence --the personal bit Ha --you are not the one to talk when you have been defending a corrupt government for a while-

And to quote--"something you do regularly."

Need someone to preach the Juntas propaganda to world. All these one sided stories coming out of Thailand by the Junta does nothing to boost Thailand's image. The Junta needs to allow everyone to have a voice and not just them, it is only being seen as a dictatorship where everyone must obey the Army or else.

Your pushing your posting rights Chooka, however much military sticks in your throat, live with it for a while and see how it turns out---if it turns out wrong you will get near ALL the posters being critics of, as they were against PTP on TVF.

• Like 1

This is the Thai style. They do not tell the truth and cause panic to the world.

A good example is this news from Bangkokpost. They are going to punish an engineer and driver for telling the truth about the rail system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqugqjXvocE#t=48

Will they be punishing you for spragging on the B.Post, and punish them for printing it ??

Quote. "Panic to the world," is there a massive asteroid heading our way. ?? Lay off a bit, it'll all come out in the wash.

• Like 1

Maybe tourism, is a bigger part of the countrys G.D.P. Than the percentages quoted!

It sure is how much is the turnower for the sex industri? The bargirls are really shopping around and sends money to family that also spend money.

• Like 2

No some words in capitols are not shouting, usually the term is when full sentences are capitols, or the full post.

Now to make an issue of 1 word --2 letters as your theme on this topic is a bit OTT.

Your post about countries putting out warnings is correct. But as I said it has been in place for yonks now, ever since the protests started.

There is not a military as you are insinuating, we have not been invaded, just a stop to any ongoing hostilities which was needed--so tell me who was going to stand in other than the army ??

All your post is about is the refusal to accept the army has had to fill in the void left by a diabolical government---simple as that.

Your first sentence --the personal bit Ha --you are not the one to talk when you have been defending a corrupt government for a while-

Bit like talking to my wife, she is always right also so I simply smile and nod.

I am now smiling and nodding.

Maybe tourism, is a bigger part of the countrys G.D.P. Than the percentages quoted!

It sure is how much is the turnower for the sex industri? The bargirls are really shopping around and sends money to family that also spend money.

I have made the same point for years -Girl, boys bars-massage-and all the street traders feeding these kids after hours, Money poured back to shops from these workers, parents collecting from local P.Offices, and paying bills and improving homes, sales of M/Cycles as most of these kids buy one-it's never ending the monies collected from bars etc.

Just this part of tourism. Without any of this money handed over by tourists the industry would dry up. The spin offs --hotel closures--food businesses closed-no sex tourists few taxis--mini buses--beach venders--airlines--

Before I was shouted down as a figure was given out as 6%. and I suggested it was over 20%. Official figures and reality are completely different.

• Like 2

thumbsup.gif

Bit like talking to my wife, she is always right also so I simply smile and nod.

I am now smiling and nodding.

You brought the subject up---you chose your wife not me.thumbsup.gif This is my reply to your post, and I AM pleased you thought my post was rightthumbsup.gif

• Like 1