Thai Lady is pissed (mad) at me

I know this is last minute, but I how when I wake I'll have a couple answers Back ground: I'm in a wheelchair and need help with the shower and other personal issues. My main woman went away for a month to see her family. She is coming back tomorrow and the current (temp girl) is now upset with the news of her coming back. I'm guessing jealousy of her and her losing a paycheck. I was going to give her a tip of 3-4K baht as I have given her a 1k baht a day for her assistance, but based on her sadness and pissy attitude, should I forget it and give her the normal 1K baht for the night and move on?

I'm at a cross road of fair and me being generous. Some outside perspective would be helpful from the more experienced members.

Thanks for reading my drunk concerns.

--Pitts

Aside from the recent 'attitude', has she completed her work to a satisfactory standard? If so (IMHO), a small tip would be appropriate (bear in mind that you might want her to 'temp' again in the future).

If she has performed "above and beyond" then a generous tip is called for.

• Like 1

Question might be, what are you going to do next time no.1 goes away for a while? Guess you would prefer to have this one back as you know she is good at her job. So, I would pretend not to notice she is pissed, and let her know you will be giving her a nice tip on her last day (keeping the amount to yourself) and that you will keep her number if things change or if you need her again. Then on the last day, at the end of it, give her 2k extra (that's more than enough!). She'll then be good up until the last minute (as she will not want to risk losing the tip) and happy with the severance and note that she may get the job at some point later.

Yep, a good solution ... thumbsup.gif

Come on guys,whereustay in disguise,same style,except he did not mention sweating, or if he had weighed her,3 post's ,i am not falling for it,in a wheelchair,this is sinking low even for whereustay,i am sure it is him,check the writing style"i know this is last minute" who the hell say's that unless he is off to see the sweating hi so teacher again,i wonder what his laundry bill is from cleaning those sweat and excretion soaked sheets,come on now whereustay admit it is you.

• Like 2

Come on guys,whereustay in disguise,same style,except he did not mention sweating, or if he had weighed her,3 post's ,i am not falling for it,in a wheelchair,this is sinking low even for whereustay,i am sure it is him,check the writing style"i know this is last minute" who the hell say's that unless he is off to see the sweating hi so teacher again,i wonder what his laundry bill is from cleaning those sweat and excretion soaked sheets,come on now whereustay admit it is you.

Humm ... interesting ... pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.g

• Like 1

You are overpaying, you are ruining it for all the long term expats OMG!

Don't you know that we expats only pay for the noodles and condoms?

You pay for condoms??? Omg there is half your budget.. Cut that out.

Just use the mamma plastic.

Sent from my c64

• Like 1

You are overpaying, you are ruining it for all the long term expats OMG!

Don't you know that we expats only pay for the noodles and condoms?

A few people overpaying has no effect on the marketplace. He's just throwing his money away, not ours.

Sounds to me like you're paying too much. For 30000 THB per month you could get 2 full time nurses.

No tip. Just pay her the overly generous 1000 for that day.

Off topic. But I may soon need a live in nurse. She need not be qualified. . She should be able to drive. Can I get one for Bt15,000

I live near Hua HIN

Question might be, what are you going to do next time no.1 goes away for a while? Guess you would prefer to have this one back as you know she is good at her job. So, I would pretend not to notice she is pissed, and let her know you will be giving her a nice tip on her last day (keeping the amount to yourself) and that you will keep her number if things change or if you need her again. Then on the last day, at the end of it, give her 2k extra (that's more than enough!). She'll then be good up until the last minute (as she will not want to risk losing the tip) and happy with the severance and note that she may get the job at some point later.

Checkmate! That's a pretty good idea