NCPO to brief foreign envoys

Lite Beer

I'm sure that all the ambassadors will attend this meeting, smile, pose for photos, and agree with the dictator --- if they are forced to at gunpoint.

The generals just don't get it. The whole world despises them.

The ambassadors didn't come the last time the army rulers had a meet and greet - they sent their subordinates, basically a diplomatic two finger salute.

So long as it's not a three fingered salute - they'd get locked up for that smile.png

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that all the ambassadors will attend this meeting, smile, pose for photos, and agree with the dictator --- if they are forced to at gunpoint.

Nothing like gross exaggerations to fit the Red mantra. The countries that matter most right now being the other ASEAN nations and other Asian countries are quite accepting of the Junta's actions. Possibly being closer to the real Thailand they have a better understanding of the real situation. Two neighbors to date have also spelt it out clearly to potential Red governments in exile that they are not welcome. Struggle to see how a slap with a wet bus ticket from a few idealistic western nations fits the "whole world despising them".

Apart from other we do not know about, the Malaysian BOSS has just paid a friendly visit to see the general not a bad move, Western world please note--get more updated --get better reports sent back---Ms Kenny your words could work volumes in the USA if you have the heart to do it.

The ambassadors didn't come the last time the army rulers had a meet and greet - they sent their subordinates, basically a diplomatic two finger salute.

So long as it's not a three fingered salute - they'd get locked up for that smile.png

LIE complete lie, the general stated the fact on TV, his words were about the 3 fingered salute "no problem with that -we the army have no fight with you"

Thanet-your on the wrong Planet.

• Like 1

Memo NCPO when you brief the Australian envoy , Explain to him " Why" the Australian Chanel is off air and to newsman Jim Middleton, I thought you would have more sense than to air that UDD interview , Jim , you lowered your colours Thursday night mate. I rest my Case.bah.gif

Australia Network is still on the air and I believe they (ABC) ran the UDD interview to give expats and Australians both side of the story and not just the Junta's. That way people can make their own opinions. Media in Australia is not censored.
There is nothing wrong with the Australia Network which is owned by the Aust Deptford of foreign Affairs showing both sides of the story. Unfortunately for the Junta they have no authority over the Australian Government and can't control thier television stations.

Real nations won't accept their reasons and/or potential shenanigans. It's that simple. You either have elections or you're a dictatorship.

I personally enjoy the peace, and will admit that so far the junta has done a good job and cleaning things up and settling the children down, but please, call it what it is. It's either a democracy, or it's a dictatorship. Even if it's temporary.

We also know that as soon as the military steps down, this madness starts all over again. It's easy to agree with your armed leaders when they have surrounded you and are the only ones holding the guns. It will unfortunately be business as usual sometime in the distant future. In the meantime, if they can back off the media censorship and internet filtering, I think they are doing a good job.

Which is exactly why my Thai Chinese chum was right 18 years ago. Let the military rule. At least you know where you are with them. And in this particular country, I tend to agree from that which I've seen so far.

Nobody is likely to listen.

No normal country will condone a military occupation or whatever you want to call it. There are armed military with live ammunition on the streets.

Civil liberties have been curtailed,media heavily censored.

Next will be the interim unelected government,to try to make the situation look better, that will not help international relations either.

This is my third coup in Thailand, the previous 2 and all those that went before all basically ended with the same result, not likely to be any different this time.

Coups are the elites and the militaries alternative to elections.

On a different note I see that the ex top general of Egypt has just been voted president.

Perhaps you will enjoy to see Thailand fall in civil war like Syria, Irak or Mali

Perhaps for you a corrupt government who cheating election, bullshit farmers, kill children and opponent is better..... But not for the majority of Thai who support the coup for the Country return to normalcy and go forward ....

• Like 2

Hateful posting. 4 years a member been in a coma ?? Your last 5 words tells me why you are posting on TVF. Accept the results of your corrupt government, who self destructed.

Can you imagine the worlds ambassadors in Thailand being " forced at gunpoint" grow a pair.

The envoy's will not all the words carefully. J Head could report differently.

Looking at the events of the past few weeks, there are various cases of the junta forcing people to do things at gunpoint. After all, the junta are just a bunch of old career soldiers, so forcing people to do things at gunpoint is all they understand, and it's what they do best.

I didn't understand your statement: "The envoys will not all the words carefully" --- are you referring to the establishment of a dystopian totalitarian society, one in which everyone loves each other, and dissenters are intimidated into shutting up?

Simply to inform -How many times in the last "few weeks" have the army held people at gunpoint. this is not the DRCongo.

If the army are what you say how do you describe the Shins/PTP ??? wonderful ?? democratic??? law abiding?? and the red army ??? and the red villages ??

Amnesty for Thaksin??? rice--rubber-water--floods--notebooks--2 trillion+ borrow ?? and the rest.

And you are slagging the army who are cleaning up the dung ??

• Like 1

LIE complete lie, the general stated the fact on TV, his words were about the 3 fingered salute "no problem with that -we the army have no fight with you"

I have a feeling you're wrong about this, the old lady in the video, who was doing the 3 fingered salute, who was bundled into a taxi by plain clothes policemen might not agree with you.

I'm pretty certain that the Junta already stated that the 3 fingered salute was banned and breached their law ??

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/03/hunger-games-salute-banned-thailand

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/06/04/asia-pacific/politics-diplomacy-asia-pacific/hunger-games-salute-banned-thai-military/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/10872322/Hunger-Games-salute-becomes-symbol-of-Thai-resistance.html

Edited by Fat Haggis
  • Like 1

If Thailand want to be part of the international community then they better take notice of what the intl community feelings are on the coup otherwise they will find themselves isolated and it will cost the thai economy .

They are a member of the UN so I'd like to see a please explain request come from there!

It is not their feelings on coups.

Since 1945, the USA has been responsible either directly or indirectly of helping remove dozens of governments, many democratically elected, around the world.

The reason given by the USA, its media and its friends around the world. Communism, Dictatorships, Terrorism, Human Rights, Freedom, Liberation, Weapons of Mass Destruction, etc.

The actual reason. This is usually hidden from the general public and has to be looked for in quotes by under-reported officials or subsequent events on the ground. Often, the victims of the change of government know the real reasons better than the populations of the Western countries. Real reasons are many but usually include Business Interests, Access to Resources, Markets, Military Bases, Strategic Value, or Political Support.

Profits my friend. Profits. This is their feelings. Governments do not adhere to political ideologies, they simply use them when and where profitable. So rest assured just as Egypt was not a coup, Thailand is. Just as the west celebrate Thaksins "Thaksinomics" they condemned Chavez' "Chavismo." It would appear that "democracy" is only ok if it is used to co-opt the population for the interests of Wall Street and London and unless you co-opt your population to the interests of Wall street and London you will never be part of the international community.

The democracy restoration team led by the general know this. They don't kotoe to these vested interests that corrupt and erode. They are putting the people of Thailand first this time. They are dressing an infected open wound and nursing the victim back to health.

Just as Egypt was not a coup because it served the "international communities" interests Thailand is a coup because it doesn't. The General won't be successful because if he is he is also successfully highlighting the "international communities" hypocrisy. They don't want to be seen as hypocritical.

Good post. Always amazes me the number of posters berating the Thais perceived inability to see through the fog of propaganda and educate themselves as to the real motives of their elected politicians.

I see it time after time on here. Motes and beams chaps, motes and beams.

• Like 1

Memo NCPO when you brief the Australian envoy , Explain to him " Why" the Australian Chanel is off air and to newsman Jim Middleton, I thought you would have more sense than to air that UDD interview , Jim , you lowered your colours Thursday night mate. I rest my Case.bah.gif

Australia Network is still on the air and I believe they (ABC) ran the UDD interview to give expats and Australians both side of the story and not just the Junta's. That way people can make their own opinions. Media in Australia is not censored.
There is nothing wrong with the Australia Network which is owned by the Aust Deptford of foreign Affairs showing both sides of the story. Unfortunately for the Junta they have no authority over the Australian Government and can't control thier television stations.

But when TV channel bias and distort fact for the will of Aussie government... In Western country journalist like to make a Scoop even if they are cheating on the truth.

Real journalism disappear from this countries, they only work to make money for the channel who employ them

• Like 1

No normal country will condone a military occupation or whatever you want to call it. There are armed military with live ammunition on the streets.

Next will be the interim unelected government,to try to make the situation look better, that will not help international relations either.

This is my third coup in Thailand, the previous 2 and all those that went before all basically ended with the same result, not likely to be any different this time.

On a different note I see that the ex top general of Egypt has just been voted president.

Perhaps you will enjoy to see Thailand fall in civil war like Syria, Irak or Mali

Perhaps for you a corrupt government who cheating election, bullshit farmers, kill children and opponent is better..... But not for the majority of Thai who support the coup for the Country return to normalcy and go forward ....

Read the post and don't make assumptions on my viewpoint.

I would like to see Thailand with a free and fair society under the rule of a democratically elected government whatever colour they may be.

If you think the military are your saviour all power to your elbow, past experiences have shown that not to be the case.

Edited by Thailand
  • Like 1

Apart from other we do not know about, the Malaysian BOSS has just paid a friendly visit to see the general not a bad move, Western world please note--get more updated --get better reports sent back---Ms Kenny your words could work volumes in the USA if you have the heart to do it.

Except that he didn't. The Malaysian armed forces supreme commander (ceremonial job, as in Thailand) Gen Zulkifeli bin Mohd paid a visit for a few hours. Malaysia has civilian control of the military and the boss most certainly did not pay any visit at all. The only thing Prime Minister Najib Razak has said is that Malaysians should stay away from Thailand altogether.

Nothing like gross exaggerations to fit the Red mantra. The countries that matter most right now being the other ASEAN nations and other Asian countries are quite accepting of the Junta's actions.

If only that were true. Five of nine Asean countries advised their citizens against travelling to Thailand. Japan criticised the coup. China and Vietnam (!) said they hope Thailand gets back to normal quickly - publicly said that. Indonesia DEMANDED the army restore elections and democracy quickly. (And then shut up because Asean toadies don't criticise Asean toadies. No one ever criticised Burma, either. That hardly means approval.)

Of course no country on Earth has cut diplomatic relations or declared war, so I suppose you could say the whole world accepts the junta's actions. Except it doesn't. Not a single country has (or ever will) publicly approve.

It's 2014, something the Thai army and other really old people seem unaware of. The Platters aren't on the hit parade any more and the Rolling Stones are not the cutting edge of anti-establishment and coups will never be "accepted" as you wrongly state. Foreign governments including next-door neighbours, including horrible dictatorships, will live with it, but never accept it.

• Like 2

Members of the Junta are banned from entering Australia, they have been blacklisted so I guess they are not interested in dialog with the generals and they have probably instructed the ambassador not to meet with them also.

Chooka -does that still stand ?? and if so back up your words with todays situation.

Why would the army want to be travelling to Aussie land when they are up to the eyeballs cleaning dung up left by PTP.

The news stories concerning this have been posted her on Thaivisa a number of times. It is common knowledge. Google Australia bans Junta and you will get many many hits

Junta leaders banned from travelling to Australia and formal defence co-operation programs postponed.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/31/australia-downgrades-ties-with-thailand-after-military-coup

Australia downgraded ties with Thailand on Saturday, imposing a travel ban on junta leaders and cutting defence co-operation, the toughest measures taken by a foreign government since the change of regime.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/thai-junta-supporters-protest-outside-the-australian-embassy-in-bangkok-20140604-zrxwq.html#ixzz3414412dp

• Like 1

Please post a list of "subordinates" that were sent.??? your last six words are immature.

Christ on a bike, your fawning posts are tiresome

The second task in the plan outlined yesterday was to enhance Thailand's image internationally by inviting diplomatic corps based in Thailand to explain the reasons for the coup.

Diplomats and representatives from 58 countries attended the meeting, but ambassadors of major embassies in the capital, such as US Ambassador Kristie Kenney and German Ambassador Rolf Schulze, did not attend.

Kenney told the media that she was busy with another engagement. Schulze said that he did not want to be involved in the activities of the Thai military. Many other embassies also did not send their top diplomat to attend the briefing at Army Club, instead sending a low-ranking official.

Countries around the world yesterday issued statements to express their opposition to the coup and demanded that the military restore a civilian government immediately.

http://www.asianewsnet.net/THAILAND-COUP-Thai-junta-wants-sweeping-reforms-be-60684.html

• Like 1

Nothing like gross exaggerations to fit the Red mantra. The countries that matter most right now being the other ASEAN nations and other Asian countries are quite accepting of the Junta's actions. Possibly being closer to the real Thailand they have a better understanding of the real situation. Two neighbors to date have also spelt it out clearly to potential Red governments in exile that they are not welcome. Struggle to see how a slap with a wet bus ticket from a few idealistic western nations fits the "whole world despising them".

<redacted>

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

But when TV channel bias and distort fact for the will of Aussie government... In Western country journalist like to make a Scoop even if they are cheating on the truth.

Real journalism disappear from this countries, they only work to make money for the channel who employ them

Actually they gave both the Junta and the UDD equal airtime on Australian Television and both sides were freely allowed to speak their minds. That hardly indicates bias. Had they only allowed one side to speak say the UDD then that would be unfair and bias against the Junta and the sort of thing that happens in undeveloped countries. There was no bias at all.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

Except that he didn't. The Malaysian armed forces supreme commander (ceremonial job, as in Thailand) Gen Zulkifeli bin Mohd paid a visit for a few hours. Malaysia has civilian control of the military and the boss most certainly did not pay any visit at all. The only thing Prime Minister Najib Razak has said is that Malaysians should stay away from Thailand altogether.

Nothing like gross exaggerations to fit the Red mantra. The countries that matter most right now being the other ASEAN nations and other Asian countries are quite accepting of the Junta's actions.

If only that were true. Five of nine Asean countries advised their citizens against travelling to Thailand. Japan criticised the coup. China and Vietnam (!) said they hope Thailand gets back to normal quickly - publicly said that. Indonesia DEMANDED the army restore elections and democracy quickly. (And then shut up because Asean toadies don't criticise Asean toadies. No one ever criticised Burma, either. That hardly means approval.)

Of course no country on Earth has cut diplomatic relations or declared war, so I suppose you could say the whole world accepts the junta's actions. Except it doesn't. Not a single country has (or ever will) publicly approve.

It's 2014, something the Thai army and other really old people seem unaware of. The Platters aren't on the hit parade any more and the Rolling Stones are not the cutting edge of anti-establishment and coups will never be "accepted" as you wrongly state. Foreign governments including next-door neighbours, including horrible dictatorships, will live with it, but never accept it.

So the Shins are in the same league as the Platters, "smoke gets in your eyes" "the great pretender" " Only ME (you)" Twilight time"

No one really accepts military control especially over long periods.

Tell me honestly without making the excuse that elections would have solved this as we all know that is too ridiculous for words, what and who if not the army could have sorted out the mess ??? the red army verses the protesters ???

Read the post and don't make assumptions on my viewpoint.

I would like to see Thailand with a free and fair society under the rule of a democratically elected government whatever colour they may be.

If you think the military are your saviour all power to your elbow, past experiences have shown that not to be the case.

Sorry If I not understand your point of view, But this coup look like different from the past , you look since the beginning, the top objective of the Generals is to reconcile the country that politicians never do. Generals pay farmers that politicians no do, Investigate on crime commit by all factions during past months, arrest children killer that the former government protected....

You understand that country went to the wall because politicians no want compromise. Only eyes to keep power depends on well of the people......

Endorsement from China, Indonesia and Vietnam is hardly the dream ticket.

Not a bad start though. hell of a lot of clout there though.

• Like 1

Well it would be if there were such a thing. Let's kill this nonsense right here and now.

Indonesia spoke very strongly against the coup - very strongly. China and Vietnam made it clear they did NOT endorse the coup. In very similar language, both said they hoped Thailand would "very quickly" return to non-military rule.

These are interesting countries, now that you bring them up. Indonesia, like Thailand, is a former military dictatorship. But the communist regimes in China and Vietnam have always - always - maintained total civilian control over the military and there never has been even a slight whiff of a military coup in either of these countries. They may be dreadful regimes, but on this single issue, they are as far from a military coup as the US or Australia.

• Like 1

the whole world really...i dont think so...come over here and live its fine no problems that i can see since they got rid of the awful caretaker government ...

Tell me honestly without making the excuse that elections would have solved this as we all know that is too ridiculous for words, what and who if not the army could have sorted out the mess ??? the red army verses the protesters ???

I'm not against no killings and I'm not against no rolling, roiling street protests. But the fact is that the army has no part to play in this "mess" and it will play no part in the solution, which won't happen in the next 15 months, that's a dead, signed, sealed, guaranteed, warrantied certainty.

Messes always get sorted out. Almost all countries have gone through this sort of mess. It is the deadly sin of military hubris that will bring down this coup as it has brought down every coup regime in Thai history. The army does NOT have the ability to "sort out" anything. I hope for the best - that the army won't create yet another bloodbath, and when the army again is driven back to the barracks by popular opinion, that the division in society won't be worse than it was a month ago. That's the very best scenario I can think up.

I know what the army wants - appointed legislatures, muted press, no freedom of speech. They can't and they won't get it, even if they are lucky enough to survive long enough to pretend that a constitutional assembly gave it to them. The question is whether, in their failure, they will tear this country apart irrevocably, or whether they will return it to its owners in good enough condition to allow getting back to "sorting out the mess" as they alone have the right.

I'm trying hard to think of a country that did NOT go through this sort of mess. I suppose there have been some. Canada? But getting a country that works the way people want and deserve *is* a messy task. The idea that a few puffed-up generals wallowing in 27% increases in military spending and millions of blank cheques to sign have a political solution would make me laugh except these old men aren't actually funny.

• Like 1

Well it would be if there were such a thing. Let's kill this nonsense right here and now.

Indonesia spoke very strongly against the coup - very strongly. China and Vietnam made it clear they did NOT endorse the coup. In very similar language, both said they hoped Thailand would "very quickly" return to non-military rule.

These are interesting countries, now that you bring them up. Indonesia, like Thailand, is a former military dictatorship. But the communist regimes in China and Vietnam have always - always - maintained total civilian control over the military and there never has been even a slight whiff of a military coup in either of these countries. They may be dreadful regimes, but on this single issue, they are as far from a military coup as the US or Australia.

As an outsider not living here and not having All the knowledge at their disposal, people always denounce coup's.

Both the countries said the hoped that Thailand will return to civilian rule a.s.a.p. The Thai army agrees.

Quickly is maybe not the best in the interests of Thailand--stability first reforms-elections army out---why are you getting your knickers in a knot ???

Of course he has no problem with it. He is on the path to reconciliation. Some would like to think that it is banned so as to denounce the Junta because the Junta is everything the PTP / UDD are not. Tolerant, peaceful and don't hold the voters in contempt. They don't teach Maoist theory as democracy.

When I see the 3 fingered salute I don't see bitter shadows dwelling in the undemocratic past. I smile knowing that the 3 fingers represent "Reconciliation", "Reform" and "Elections". If I was the General and to counter this 3 finger salute I would do it too and promote it as such.

But then, I am only a guy on the 3rd rock from the sun!

Sure--the general said the 3 finger salute was now no problem to him and he has no quarrel with that. Thai TV statement.

What the hell would YOU know about what the whole world thinks?

I have many people on my facebook account from all over the world and have had many conversations with them about what they have seen on their TV screens over the past 7 months.

They all said the same thing... 'That government needs to be removed'..... Now they have been, and all I have seen is worldwide support for the coup.

If the politicians in those countries say something is bad, then you can pretty much take it as the opposite and vice versa.

What you are spouting is what you HOPE the world thinks because you are clearly a supporter of red opinion, and if you actually opened up your eye.... even the reds are supporting this, I know this, I live among red shirts and they have no gun at their heads, almost all of them are a lot happier that they are going to see a TRUE democracy in their future. Less money stolen by police and politicians, the more money for the Thai people.

• Like 2

I'm not against no killings and I'm not against no rolling, roiling street protests. But the fact is that the army has no part to play in this "mess" and it will play no part in the solution, which won't happen in the next 15 months, that's a dead, signed, sealed, guaranteed, warrantied certainty.

Messes always get sorted out. Almost all countries have gone through this sort of mess. It is the deadly sin of military hubris that will bring down this coup as it has brought down every coup regime in Thai history. The army does NOT have the ability to "sort out" anything. I hope for the best - that the army won't create yet another bloodbath, and when the army again is driven back to the barracks by popular opinion, that the division in society won't be worse than it was a month ago. That's the very best scenario I can think up.

I know what the army wants - appointed legislatures, muted press, no freedom of speech. They can't and they won't get it, even if they are lucky enough to survive long enough to pretend that a constitutional assembly gave it to them. The question is whether, in their failure, they will tear this country apart irrevocably, or whether they will return it to its owners in good enough condition to allow getting back to "sorting out the mess" as they alone have the right.

I'm trying hard to think of a country that did NOT go through this sort of mess. I suppose there have been some. Canada? But getting a country that works the way people want and deserve *is* a messy task. The idea that a few puffed-up generals wallowing in 27% increases in military spending and millions of blank cheques to sign have a political solution would make me laugh except these old men aren't actually funny.

You must excuse me--all your post is stating--anti Thai army intervention.

Messes always get sorted out--to who's expense---2 factions hand to hand fighting on the streets ?? anarchy on the horizon. paid red army let loose.??

So messes always get sorted do they. I am trying hard to think of good democratic countries that have to resor to this.

Super good run transparent countries do NOT have mega messes like this. Just depends on what you r interpretation of Mess is. ??