Australian Girl Shot In The Neck

stumonster

Very sad for the girl and her family and friends. However also sad for Kanchanaburi too.

There is violence everywhere in Thailand not just Kanchanaburi, which as a tourist spot has a lot going for it. Absolutely beautiful scenery, lots of things to do and see and the people in general are friendly. It is also much cheaper than the likes of Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket etc etc.

Most countrys have problem areas , London, Glasgow, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, to name just a few, yes every country and most big towns around the world have area's that should be avoided, especially at night. If it's not guns it's knives or baseball bats.

Incidentally, I heard from a Policeman friend at the time that the shooters got the wrong bar... don't know how he knew that or if it is true.

Don't write Kanchanaburi off, it's well worth a visit and as a resident I have to say I love the place.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad for the girl and her family and friends. However also sad for Kanchanaburi too.

There is violence everywhere in Thailand not just Kanchanaburi, which as a tourist spot has a lot going for it. Absolutely beautiful scenery, lots of things to do and see and the people in general are friendly. It is also much cheaper than the likes of Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket etc etc.

Most countrys have problem areas , London, Glasgow, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, to name just a few, yes every country and most big towns around the world have area's that should be avoided, especially at night. If it's not guns it's knives or baseball bats.

Incidentally, I heard from a Policeman friend at the time that the shooters got the wrong bar... don't know how he knew that or if it is true.

Don't write Kanchanaburi off, it's well worth a visit and as a resident I have to say I love the place.

We're talking about a popular tourist destination in Thailand where people feel safe...big difference.

Shortly after her death some papers stated that the police had info on the numberplate of the motorbike and that they soon would press charges. But I wouldn´t be surprised if nothing has happened since the day of this tragic event...

Edited by Nysan

Off-topic posts have been deleted. This is not the appropriate place to discuss US gun laws or anything else.

It would be far more informative to know if anyone has heard any further (if any) developments on this case.