Required document for extending Non-o visa?

I entered into Thailand about last week with my first Non-o visa based on marrige to my thai wife.

I saw there is "Required documents" section in Thai Immigration Bureau website which i guess was suppoesd to inform visa applicant what they need to know of certain type of visa they're applying. But it's blank not showing anything, so i'd be very appreciate if anyone can tell me what documents i have to prepare for first one year extending Non-o visa.

Please let me know if there are more i need to know.

Thank you. :)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The information is available if you use IE - it may not display correctly with other browsers - it will be a pop up window on top of the current window. In the case of spouse extension it only says:

In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality:

Criteria for Consideration

(1) There must be proof of relationship.
(2) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto.

Documents to be submitted

1. Application form
2. Copy of applicant’s passport
3. Copy of household registration certificate
4. Copy of national ID card of the person having Thai nationality
5. Copy of a marriage certificate or copy of a birth certificate

Normal requirements to meet the above first two will vary slightly by the office used.

The information is available if you use IE - it may not display correctly with other browsers - it will be a pop up window on top of the current window. In the case of spouse extension it only says:

In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality:Criteria for Consideration

(1) There must be proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto.Documents to be submitted

1. Application form

2. Copy of applicant’s passport

3. Copy of household registration certificate

4. Copy of national ID card of the person having Thai nationality

5. Copy of a marriage certificate or copy of a birth certificate

Normal requirements to meet the above first two will vary slightly by the office used.

Well, i didn't know that they're optimized for IE. I'm using Crome.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

There are also some versions of IE it will not work on also.

You wife will to go with you when you apply and complete a statement.

You will two completed TM7 application forms with attached photo. http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm7.doc

Two sets of copies of everything listed above and the following.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One photo must show you next to or under the house or room number.

Kor Ror 2 marriage registry from an Amphoe. Some offices will want it to be recently issued.

Map for the location of where you are living with directions from the nearest major road or street.

Proof of 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name by way of a letter from the bank and copies of your bank book or 40k baht income proven by a income letter from embassy.

Some offices for the first extension will also want a copy of the affirmation of permit to marry you used when you got married.

If are not living where your wife house book is for you will need proof of residence.

If your wife has been married previously you may also need a copy of her divorce decree.

The best advise is to contact your local immigration office to find out what documents you require, different offices have different requirements,When i applied for my first extension of a marriage based non o visa i needed all the documents listed on the immigration bureau website and all those listed in Udon Joe's post.

In addition i needed a letter from the village leader confirming where i lived ( a small village in Isaan ) along with a signed copy of his i.d, card and a neighbour who attended the office with me as a witness along with originals and copies of his i.d. and blue book ( house registration)

Remember to take all your original documents as well as 2 copies of everything,inc, the photo's of you around the house.

• 1 month later...

There are also some versions of IE it will not work on also.

You wife will to go with you when you apply and complete a statement.

You will two completed TM7 application forms with attached photo. http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm7.doc

Two sets of copies of everything listed above and the following.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One photo must show you next to or under the house or room number.

Kor Ror 2 marriage registry from an Amphoe. Some offices will want it to be recently issued.

Map for the location of where you are living with directions from the nearest major road or street.

Proof of 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name by way of a letter from the bank and copies of your bank book or 40k baht income proven by a income letter from embassy.

Some offices for the first extension will also want a copy of the affirmation of permit to marry you used when you got married.

If are not living where your wife house book is for you will need proof of residence.

If your wife has been married previously you may also need a copy of her divorce decree.

Wow, there're too many.

I'm finally off to do this in mae sai tomorrow. I'll be amazed if I get it right first time, although all the paper work seems to be in order. A special thank you to Ubonjoe. His frank, precise and daily help to all TV members is an asset to us all. I'd like to buy that man a bottle of ice cold chang export. thumbsup.gif