For the second time in a week a copper has....

...been in front of me while I lane split/filter through the outer most lane of Viphawadee-Rangsit, underneath the tollway and about 5 lanes out from where I'm legally allowed to ride, and seeing me behind them they have pulled in behind a car to let me go past.

Thailand. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

police is very active nowadays.

They caught me after an underpass yesterday and during rush hour at 08:30 which you never see them that time.

This is happening more and more.

Also, watched a news this week and they say they are noting down the plate numbers of motorbikes or cars running from checkpoints and they will find them this way etc.

So, i never runaway from a checkpoint, be careful while running away if you have a licence plate!

• Like 1

Let's hope with a new Thailand looming the police come down hard on those big bikers, kids on souped up mopeds, cars, lorries and coaches that drive at crazy speeds on public roads, confiscate there vehicles and charge them the cost of a new bike car etc to get them back! these people are a menace on every road in the world!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Does not play well with others 6/10 coffee1.gif

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 2

Let's hope with a new Thailand looming the police come down hard on those big bikers, kids on souped up mopeds, cars, lorries and coaches that drive at crazy speeds on public roads, confiscate there vehicles and charge them the cost of a new bike car etc to get them back! these people are a menace on every road in the world!!

Confiscate their riding gear and make them wear Crocs and t-shirt laugh.png

Great idea hurt them in the pocket! would this apply to cars, buses and lorries as well?

Edited by Alwayssunny
  • Like 1

Also, watched a news this week and they say they are noting down the plate numbers of motorbikes or cars running from checkpoints and they will find them this way etc.

So, i never runaway from a checkpoint, be careful while running away if you have a licence plate!

LL here is what you need.... "Speed Flip"

biggrin.png

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

I was thinking of a 2/10, Hoser has probably never been on even a minibike his whole life. All I see is him crying this or that. Sunny this is a bike forum get a grip you sound like sour grapes!

• Like 2

for years Thailand has had 100cc motorbikes that very obviously cannot and should not ride on fast motorways and other high speed routes - I completely agree with this and the rest of the world in most places agrees too setting a limit on cc for certain classes of roads.......but

Thailand now has it's fair share of large bikes very capable of keeping up with the high speed traffic on these roads and tollways - it is time for change - time for the Transport ministry to bring Thailand into the 21st Century

Maybe something else for the good Generals attention amongst the thousands of other things he has on his plate - and I might add doing a stellar job

Edited by smedly

I was thinking of a 2/10, Hoser has probably never been on even a minibike his whole life. All I see is him crying this or that. Sunny this is a bike forum get a grip you sound like sour grapes!

My mum died of Alzheimer's.

She would repeat the same thing over & over & over & over....

Poor thing. She couldn't help it.

Alwayssunny's posts remind me of her.

• Like 2

LL here is what you need.... "Speed Flip"

biggrin.png

Hahahs.

Superb!

But i did not get my license plate yet and sont push bigwing to give me one fast!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

You got a problem with guys, or girls, on big bikes? Funny, most the the big bike riders I know are farang, not Thai, who wear proper safety gear, and drive a hell of a lot more responsible than Thai. Don't paint everyone with the same brush.

• Like 1

There should be a "helpful cops" thread. Usually people only complain about the BiB...

Like that time I went home from a bar and saw a guy dead drunk staggering to his bike. Got on it and promptly fell off. Cop sees that and comes over, proceeds to put the key in the ignition for him and helps him get on the bike and sees him off!

Thailand smile.png

"Usually people only complain about the BiB..."

And most of the complaints are based on speculation and imagination after reading some poorly written report on a crime that's been posted on TV. Aside from the officers at Immigrations I've never had any personal experience with any police in about 17 years here. I would guess that most farang, including those who pretend to know so much about what the police do, have very little first-hand information upon which to base their moaning.

I stil have this unpleasant feeling from my home country when i see police riding/driving in front or behind me. Instinctively i slow down and try to do everything right. Then i realise thats not required anymore. I am in heaven now...

In my home country you never see police anywhere, the speed cameras etc, do their job for them.

Confiscate their riding gear and make them wear Crocs and t-shirt laugh.png

Ban them from wearing helmets.

• Like 1

I had one behind along Silom, at a point where all the bikes and scooter mounts the footpath during rush hour. Seeing him behind me I stopped and didn't ride onto it. This was followed by a verbal rollocking, angry gesters and telling me in no uncertain terms to get the fck up onto the pavement and stop holding people up.

Yes, and what if you kill or injure someone on the pavement, your the one who is going to have to pay, big time. I bet the "one" behind rode on to the pavement.

I am not one for obeying laws if I don't agree with them (that is, back in the UK), but the few times I have rode a MC in Bangkok, I never copied the idiots that rode on the pavement, and they can gesture all they like.

You got a problem with guys, or girls, on big bikes? Funny, most the the big bike riders I know are farang, not Thai, who wear proper safety gear, and drive a hell of a lot more responsible than Thai. Don't paint everyone with the same brush.

Big bikes are fine as long as they stick to the road rules, though not that stupid one that bikes (any size) must keep in the left lane. In my opinion bikes over 125 cc should be allowed on tollways.

for years Thailand has had 100cc motorbikes that very obviously cannot and should not ride on fast motorways and other high speed routes - I completely agree with this and the rest of the world in most places agrees too setting a limit on cc for certain classes of roads.......but

Motorcycles/ mopeds over 50cc allowed on UK motorways.

I tour in Thailand on a Honda Silverwing, I always have to 'fight' my way through Bangkok because the 'Ring road' that would enable me to drive around Bangkok like the M25 round London. is partially Motorway, which I can not use. I also find that being unable to use some flyovers is inconvenient too. Especially when the sign that prohibits you from using the flyover is situated past the off ramp that you need to take to avoid the flyover itself !!

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I stil have this unpleasant feeling from my home country when i see police riding/driving in front or behind me. Instinctively i slow down and try to do everything right. Then i realise thats not required anymore. I am in heaven now...

...so there are police in heaven too????? What the hell does God do then?