Bigot or racist

Joey J

Today has been one of the worst days of my life. I always listen and try to understand everyone's point of view and try never to judge anyone. But here it goes. Today I had to go to the council in Brixton hill london, to try and get myself on the waiting list, at the moment I'm living with my mother, she 78 me 53 in a 1 bedroom flat. I have lived in the area all my life apart from when I was married. Got married at 16, had kids. Bla bla bla then went to thailand which without going in to detail saved my life (literaly).I'm trying to have maybe some will think my cake and eat it, but when you have paid in to a system all your life just maybe you think you will be included in something. But no and here it goes I was the only white person in the council, when I was told by I have to say a lovely West endian woman that I had no chance of anything until I'm 60.it made me think. Who has it right thailand or England. Because after today I would rather be a foreigner in thailand than a foreigner in my own country.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Yeah you're right and I respect that, and I think if the all of the Western world was like that then there would be no problems.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure if the title of this thread ("Bigot or racist") refers to a question that you haven't quite managed to ask.... or not.

So, you're a 53 year old (presumably able bodied...) man who lives with his mom in a one bedroom flat, and is upset that his white skin apparently doesn't automatically entitle him to an apartment paid for by taxes collected from his multi-ethnic neighbors' wages?

Is that about right?

If the question was meant to be: "Am I a bigot or a racist"..... I'm guessing that those neighbors have got some thoughts on the subject!

Yeah you're right and I respect that, and I think if the all of the Western world was like that then there would be no problems.

It was like that 60 years ago in my parents day.

How many 53 year olds have you seen, in Thailand, on a council waiting list for a flat(apartment)?

....and if you think Thailand has got it all right, why is it that all the Thai's want to come and live in London?

There really should be a permanant exchange program with Thailand. Exchange dumb farrangs for fit Thai girls.

Edited by Lucifer
  • Like 2