dropped 300 baht in street.....

coconutbar

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once lost my wallet, it was full with money and cards and stuff. I realized it when I was back home. Luckyily the time period that I might lost it was not too much as well as the locations that I have been in the time-frame. So I traced my steps back to all the places I have been to on that evening.

After 40 minutes of walking around I found my wallet in one of my favorite gogo bar. I must have been having too much fun buying tequilas and throwing ping pong balls to notice my lost wallet on that evenings bar hopping.

I barfined the cute waitress who was so honest to give me back my wallet when I went in to the gogo - I could give her a finders fee, but when I saw the 3000baht was still in the wallet...

She ran right away to me and said '' you ting tong man, why you forget wallet, I so worry you not have money go back room na''

Edited by Datebayo

One day my wife found 500 baht on the street in our moobaan. She didn't want to have it and left it at the guardbooth in our soi while he was biking around.

Later when the guard was sitting at his booth and we passed him again my wife asked if he found the money and told him that he can have it. He said he allready brought it to his boss.

While trying to purchase a 25 baht food item with two twenties, I couldn't get the vendor to accept the money. I couldn't figure out was happening and why he wouldn't take the money. Then he pointed to the prices, and I had selected a 20 baht item, not 25. And in the meantime I dropped 2000 out of my pocket and didn't know it. A thai lady, in nurses uniform, tapped me on the shoulder and handed me the money. This was in Ban Chang.

• Like 1

No. I have full control of my faculties.

I don't................... Lost my full bunch of keys on the road in from Bang Saray while on my motorbike. About 10 keys with a condo electric key (where I had intended to stay the night) and my only car fob remote. Drove all the way out and back in again slowly along the same route but no luck and it was night time. I'm always thinking about new inventions, so now I have something to think about. Whoever did find them would have no way of knowing who owned them.......Oh...wait...it just occurred to me. I could have a tag with my phone No. attached to my next bunch of keys!

I had brand new galaxy phone pick pocketed in Cambodia near border but I was warned there were pick pockets there so no one to blame but myself, but left a I pad at the airport and came back 1 month later when going home and got it back, so it all evens out.

thais have good values and are generally a lot more honest then our western counterparts I think

Lovely thread.

Will, my car is pretty dirty at the moment, so would you be kind enough to lick my windows?

Indeed Mr Snott. Thankfully my smartarse commment at #2 now has 30+ 'likes' so it would appear that the 'no humour police' are firmly in the minority

Do you think Wil has found his sense of humour yet?

• Like 1

had a buddy leave his phone in a cab a couple of years ago and he came into the place we were and realized he didn't have it.... cabbie had driven off - we called his number and the cabbie answered it and came back and dropped it off - we were amazed but lots of good stories to go along with the bad ones ...

What a bunch of cynical old farts TV.com has. Of the many internet discussion groups I periodically participate in, TV.com by far has the largest number of rude, ill-willed, argumentative, and cynical posters ... no other group is even close.

For many of them I think it's a type of mental/spiritual sickness whereby they get perverted joy in putting other people down. Psychologically this is a sign of chronic anger and and feelings of inferiority ... i.e.,reveling in finding fault in others in order to make themselves feel superior. It somehow brings to mind how some dogs enjoy wallowing in carrion.

While I agree with some of your observations, I believe that there are many courteous, goodwilled and positive people making up the readership.

I am not a mental health professional, but perhaps some posters may post while under the influence. Perhaps they are aging, are unhappy, live unfulfilled lives or maybe they just like to be mean and hateful. Some may have resentments from past wrongs done to them or by them and they get some sort of satisfaction from sharing their dark interiors.

For whatever reason they write such negative, crude, bigotted and hateful thoughts, it makes no impact on my inner peace and happiness. I read, am thankful I don't have those feelings and move on.

There are more good people than the not so good. The good are just more silent.

Live and Let Live

"For whatever reason they write such negative, crude, bigotted and hateful thoughts, it makes no impact on my inner peace and happiness."

I applaud your sentiment and your resilience. I have to admit the bigotry, ignorance, arrogance and negativity aggravate me, which I suppose is playing into the hands of those posting comments that reflect those attitudes.

Having lived in several countries that might be labelled as "developing" (and Thailand is way more developed than a few I've lived in) and that had an expat presence, I've had to listen to such petty, unfounded condescending comments about the various local populations for nearly 40 years. It's no coincidence that those most likely to make such comments are themselves rather pathetic people with justifiably low self-esteem.

Unfortunately bigotry is not without consequences, at the least in the form of hurt feelings and stirring up resentment, but in many cases having a definite substantive and material effect on those targeted. So my inner peace and happiness is impacted when faced with such prejudice, although I understand that responding heatedly to those posts doesn't accomplish much ... either in counteracting the bigotry or improving my inner peace.

Edited by Suradit69

After reading this thread, I found I was feeling a warm fuzzy feeling inside, now I just need to work out whether I'm getting the runs or all this free Psychological advice from the wannabes is taking some effect ......

What I can't work out is what the big fuss is about. People every society on the planet has good, bad, short, tall, fat and thin people on it. Some of you think you've landed on <deleted> Mars or something. Having been lucky enough to travel in my life, I've drawn the conclusion that Thais generally area a lot more honest & considerate in this fashion that many of the countrymen that have crawled out of some of the 'h e l l' hole countries some of you lot came out of.

Get over yourselves !

• Like 2

Agreed ND.

Thankyou Gobbla,

I d expect someone like you to understand but some of the other peops on this forum think they pushing new boundaries of humanity every time they step outside their little hoval.

Can you imagine some of these dorks in the wilderness ? 55555

One observation I'd like to make is that I'm constantly finding money on the floor or seeing others find money.

In 25 years I found twenty pounds on the floor in the west. In 5 years here I've found countless notes. Mainly 20's and 50's which I know are low value but it seems strange in comparison.

Is this because they have more notes than say the sterling? Of or notes of lower values?

Edited by harber8

I left my phone in a taxi in Silom a few years ago. I called my number and taxi driver answered. 5 minutes later he was back where he dropped us off. I gave him B100 for the time he lost though he never asked me for that.

By equality the exact same thing happened in Copenhagen many years previously and the taxi driver bought the phone back to me then too.

See, good people everywhere...

Agreed ND.

Thankyou Gobbla,

I d expect someone like you to understand but some of the other peops on this forum think they pushing new boundaries of humanity every time they step outside their little hoval.

Sir Die, I wonder if some of these people ever have any interactions with the natives? Thai people aren't from bloody Mars.

Agreed ND.

Thankyou Gobbla,

Sir Die, I wonder if some of these people ever have any interactions with the natives? Thai people aren't from bloody Mars.

No doubt the race to their 3200 baht rooms to quickly create threads anytime someone breaks wind.

Lovely thread.

Will, my car is pretty dirty at the moment, so would you be kind enough to lick my windows?

Indeed Mr Snott. Thankfully my smartarse commment at #2 now has 30+ 'likes' so it would appear that the 'no humour police' are firmly in the minority

I am still wondering if he has found the gerbil yet ?

Lovely thread.

I am still wondering if he has found the gerbil yet ?

It's probably buried quite deep at this time, maybe he'll answer when it pops back out.