Good reason for having a CarCam

Daffy D

And in less than a week you get an accident on your cam... I haven't had one in two years!!! [emoji30]

A bit 'strange' someone wishing to capture an accident on his camera ... to justify the purchase?

One might have thought that like insurance, it's something you would never want to use..... rolleyes.gif

Ok then, as my last post was removed I'll try again in a more "diplomatic manner"...

bkkjames

You obviously didn't see the icon at the end of my comment... The sigh of relief icon...? [emoji30]

Top Chalern James....

I mean honestly! Who in their right mind "wishes" to see and record an accident to justify the purchase of a camera??

utter madness to even think such a thing

Read & Digest James Read and Digest

Mate I was having a go at you because of your other post about Triton versus Navara...it's easy to be a... If one wants. I know cause I have plenty of experience ;)

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

LoL,

Fair comment Jim, I certainly know what you're talking about, I tend to practice it a lot when I drink things like Vodka RB and especially snakebite!

I'd had a couple of snakebites at that time, hence I wrote the immature crap I did... My apologies mate.

Why can't you delete a post when you've realised what an arse you've been? Not on iPad/iPhone anyway...

Cheers

Edited by Porkster

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey hey hey!

Postman Pat's been!

That was quick!

Joe only sent it on Monday and it arrived yesterday!

I'm off to the postie smile.png

Balls, it was the house alarm invoice sad.png

lol be careful what you wish for - no publishing clearing house cheque for 25 Million US!

I hate going to the mail box...

• Like 1

Hey hey hey!

Postman Pat's been!

That was quick!

Joe only sent it on Monday and it arrived yesterday!

I'm off to the postie smile.png

Balls, it was the house alarm invoice sad.png

lol be careful what you wish for - no publishing clearing house cheque for 25 Million US!

I hate going to the mail box...

Do you mean like one of those "your $15,000,000 inheritance is waiting for your collection... I need you bank details for the deposit" from some beautiful bone through nose lady in Ghana...?

The 419 beauties [emoji6]

• Like 1

another factor into the equation, is to consider whether to choose a low-lux camera, or go with a night vision model.

I have experimented both ways...

Firstly, I always prefer having a camera being mounted inside the window, looking out through the glass.

This, however, has a detrimental effect upon a night vision setup, as the IR beam is interfered by the glass itself, sending spurious reflection back to the camera, and washing out the vision with all this white-flare. I choose not to install outside the vehicle for the possibility of theft, or it being damaged by kids on the street.

Oh yeah, I have a station wagon type vehicle.

My monitor is of the rear-view mirror looking type, with 2 video inputs. By default, one of the Inputs is for activation by the Vehicle Reversing electrics. Normally the other Input is for DvD dependant idiots, but I connect a 2nd camera instead.

The wagon has 2 cameras facing rearward in my current configuration.

I have the low-lux 60 degree camera for Reverse use.

I have the 170 degree day-camera for use as my actual rear vision for day to day driving.

Why 2 cameras in the same direction one may ask? Well, I normally have the back of the wagon full of items, and normal rear-vision by mirror is not always possible.

Besides, I hate the glare of idiots behind me with their HighBeams headlights. Having their image blocked by my stuff is quite fine by me!

My previous unsucessful night-vision config used a IR camera for my Reversing use, but the Flaring, from window reflections, stuffed that idea.

I then modified the IR cam, by blocking the IR leds, and installed, from eBay, a supplementray IR Illuminating box.

That worked fine, with the area rear of the car really well-floodlit; but the IIluminator itself was HUGE, bigger than your biggest available Rubiks Cube.

Having the 2 cameras connected means I now no longer needed to manually turn the Monitor ON each time I started the car to drive off. Being an Automatic, there's a 99.999 % chance the Gear Selection will be Passing through the Reverse gate from Park, and so this triggers the Monitor to activate itself for subsequent use. Not many dudes would be starting a car with their Auto sitting in neutral eh!

So, it all works!

As soon as I drive off, the motion detect of the Driving camera activates Video1 port of the monitor, and the vision displayed is ON fulltime, and anytime Reverse is selected. we simply view via Video2

The PVR is linked into the day camera video feed. So I still have 3 more Input Ports for eventually getting the 360 degrees recordability. I want that ready soon, for my next impact from another stupeed blind idiot driver must be overdue by now...

My G1W have arrived :-)

Just under £100 for the 2 of them both with a 32g memory sd card. Had a little play with them in the house, seem fine. Only draw back but no biggy was the absent HDMI cable.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

another factor into the equation, is to consider whether to choose a low-lux camera, or go with a night vision model.

I have experimented both ways...

Firstly, I always prefer having a camera being mounted inside the window, looking out through the glass.

This, however, has a detrimental effect upon a night vision setup, as the IR beam is interfered by the glass itself, sending spurious reflection back to the camera, and washing out the vision with all this white-flare. I choose not to install outside the vehicle for the possibility of theft, or it being damaged by kids on the street.

Oh yeah, I have a station wagon type vehicle.

My monitor is of the rear-view mirror looking type, with 2 video inputs. By default, one of the Inputs is for activation by the Vehicle Reversing electrics. Normally the other Input is for DvD dependant idiots, but I connect a 2nd camera instead.

The wagon has 2 cameras facing rearward in my current configuration.

I have the low-lux 60 degree camera for Reverse use.

I have the 170 degree day-camera for use as my actual rear vision for day to day driving.

Why 2 cameras in the same direction one may ask? Well, I normally have the back of the wagon full of items, and normal rear-vision by mirror is not always possible.

Besides, I hate the glare of idiots behind me with their HighBeams headlights. Having their image blocked by my stuff is quite fine by me!

My previous unsucessful night-vision config used a IR camera for my Reversing use, but the Flaring, from window reflections, stuffed that idea.

I then modified the IR cam, by blocking the IR leds, and installed, from eBay, a supplementray IR Illuminating box.

That worked fine, with the area rear of the car really well-floodlit; but the IIluminator itself was HUGE, bigger than your biggest available Rubiks Cube.

Having the 2 cameras connected means I now no longer needed to manually turn the Monitor ON each time I started the car to drive off. Being an Automatic, there's a 99.999 % chance the Gear Selection will be Passing through the Reverse gate from Park, and so this triggers the Monitor to activate itself for subsequent use. Not many dudes would be starting a car with their Auto sitting in neutral eh!

So, it all works!

As soon as I drive off, the motion detect of the Driving camera activates Video1 port of the monitor, and the vision displayed is ON fulltime, and anytime Reverse is selected. we simply view via Video2

The PVR is linked into the day camera video feed. So I still have 3 more Input Ports for eventually getting the 360 degrees recordability. I want that ready soon, for my next impact from another stupeed blind idiot driver must be overdue by now...

What's wrong with watching a movie in your motor when your mrs is shopping?

Or having a DVD playing for the kids in the back? Nothing idiotic about it at all...

Just saying [emoji56]

Oh, and thanks for reminding me

I'm just halfway through installing the LS430W if the front (fits perfectly behind the mirror with the sticky pad mount, can't see it at all front the drivers seat) and I'm putting my old twin lens cam in the back window and you just remained me I gotta reconnect my reversing camera that the bright sparks at Toyota forgot to reconnect!

Edited by Porkster

Something to fiddle with, then foreget, like my Radar Detector.Kids Toys.coffee1.gif

I hope I can forget mine. I do not want to be needing them but incase I do they are there.... lets hope my phone don't die in the accident otherwise I can not view them !!

Apart from Posting on Y.T. and being a bit of fun, they are worthless. More so in Thailand No ones interested in whose right or wrong ,only that you have the best insurance cover.They do the lot for You.

Well you happen to be wrong in fact.

Had a scrape a couple of weeks ago and if it wasn't for my camera footage showing that she reversed into me (viewed by both insurance reps) I would've probably lost out...

Edited by Porkster
  • Like 2

Apart from Posting on Y.T. and being a bit of fun, they are worthless. More so in Thailand No ones interested in whose right or wrong ,only that you have the best insurance cover.They do the lot for You.

Best insurance and the biggest vehicle as the smallest vehicle wins..

Classic line if you ask me........I've been driving for so long blah blah never needed one before, so don't need one now blah blah......

I'm looking forward to fitting my new G1W's in my new pick up, hopefully I'll never ever have to play them back to any cop or insurance company.

If I had mine before the accident I was involved in I wouldn't be out of pocket by 40k.

• Like 2

Just to add to my previous post, the cost of these cameras are pittance and a doddle to set up. I'm pretty sure for every dash cam your thinking about buying someone already has one and has posted on you tube how to set it up.

Ok OK that's what I did, I'll admit !!!

Edited by longstebe
  • Like 2

Just taken one from the Sons T/Blazer. It fits unobtrusively in that , but in my Civic the impregnated aerial and sun strip means it must be mounted lo,left of rear view mirror so not to impair vision. Your not sticking that TING in front of Me.So do I Get rid of Mrs Pop.Just wanted to try something...

25 Years driving here ,so im wrong.So be it.Nice Toy but they didnt have them when i came here.Not even Superstores,suppose if they did it could have recorded the odd Waterbuff waddling about.biggrin.png

wow. you been driving here for 25 years.

Edited by Spoonman

Nearest ive cme to running into someones rear has been for 2 Reasons. Firstly , not reading set ups for hours .Secondly fiddling with the bloody gadgets when driving. Sat Navs, Cameras,Music,Phones ive given upon now im older. That Camera Sucker would fall off in a week ,just like my old Garmin.thumbsup.gif

Buy yourself a top spec mazda 3. it won't allow you to run into the car in front.... as long as you are doing 30km/h or less.

On topic though I just fitted a blackvue wifi dr550gw-2ch camera set-up to my car. works a treat, video quality is amazing.After 5 minutes of inactivity it goes into parking mode (it records 24/7, but will switch off when vehicle battery level is low to prevent flat battery) and comes alive when movement is detected. The wifi has a range of about 10 metres so I can sit here at my desk and open the app on my phone and see what is happening with the car or play back vids already recorded.

Where did you purchase Spoonman?

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

Just taken one from the Sons T/Blazer. It fits unobtrusively in that , but in my Civic the impregnated aerial and sun strip means it must be mounted lo,left of rear view mirror so not to impair vision. Your not sticking that TING in front of Me.So do I Get rid of Mrs Pop.Just wanted to try something...

Depends who's car it is and who drives the majority of the time IMO [emoji18]