Applying for a credit card

If anyone could help with this would be much appreciated , I've tried to apply for a credit card at 3 banks now (Kasikorn, standard chartered bank , aeon ) but they're all rejected , the letter I'm receving from them saying that I don't meet the bank conditions which is the thing I don't really understand , bear in mind I carry A Thai passport as well along with my UK passport , my salary is adequate enough , been with my current. Employer more than 6 months about 9-10 months now , I've been living in this country for 10 months now , well obviously I don't have any due bills or any credit cards here at all , I do have like 5 bank account saving ones here with different banks , also my Payroll is with Kasikorn bank , I'm just wondering what could be possibly the reason behind my application rejection I don't want apply again and get the same results , and if there's any credit check services here in the country where I can approach and seem their advice , I already contacted these banks but they can't provide me with more information all they say is I didn't meet the bank conditions or they say cannot cannot Thanks in advance

I am an American living here for 11 years. It is very dificult to get a credit card with your limited time working and living here!

I have 2 credits now, but you need to put in a minimum of 3 years working and living. They also look at your living arrangements,

such as, rental or buying or owning. A rental means temporary living arrangements, whereas you could relocate in a moments notice! So wait a couple of years and build a relationship with your local bank!

it is also a requirement to have at least as much as you want credit for or more, too easy to do a runner if you are using their money, they like insurance, you dont pay your monthly account and they will seize the money from your other account straight away. Maybe after several years banking with them they will change this but until then dont hold any expectations.

How much is adequate? With Kasikorn you need at least 50k a month going into your account.

Iv had an account with Kasikorn for 3 years with sufficient funds deposited each month and had no issue getting a credit with Kasikorn.

Sounds like you haven't built up enough credit.. 10 months is not long enough to build sufficient credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

it is also a requirement to have at least as much as you want credit for or more, too easy to do a runner if you are using their money, they like insurance, you dont pay your monthly account and they will seize the money from your other account straight away. Maybe after several years banking with them they will change this but until then dont hold any expectations.

Nah. you are talking rubbish. if what you say was correct why would they give me 3 times my monthly salary as my limit ?

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 1