The Best Day Ever on Phuket

Pinot

i took photos of the clubs on Surin. but not worth posting. there just clubs on the beach

the one on the end is very impressive. someone put a lot of $$ into building it an they will not go away without a fight or compensation.

Good luck fighting general Prayuth :-)

Imagine if you rob a bank, then get caught, but even when caught you somehow get a chance to just pay back what you stole (which would be a pretty good offer to most bank robbers), yet you have the nerve to ask for compensation biggrin.png

• Like 1

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was at the northern end of Kamala yesterday afternoon and there ares till some thai huts ( restaurants) standing

they are the ones in front of the metal fence.up to the Novotel

and the bar on the hillside at the very end is still up

everything south of the klong to the large hotel (past the police station) is cleared.

This morning;

when u get to the cross bridge where the tsunami memorial is there are lots of tents structures still standing

Surin; the deadline is Tuesday, i expect weds morn to see the army/police an bulldozers waiting for the orders to TAKE IT DOWN

Some Taxi stands are still up in Kamala but they are on private land

for sure they will allow them to come back in the high season to set up their chairs, but hopefully will be more controlled

Thanks for the link. It would be great to be able to see live feed in case this place is dismantled tomorrow.

Hi Oilinki, PM me and I will give you the link to a live feed. If I post a feed here I could be banned, hung..drawn..and quartered etc.

Cheers.

When that part of Catch Beach-club that is illegal, gets demolished, then I'll believe all the hype.

Yep, when Catch, Bimo, Diamond get bulldozed I will be a believer.

Oh, and lets not forget all of those massive concrete pads still in place on Surin beachfront, many of which completely encase the old pine trees....when those are bulldozed to allow free public access to the beach again...I too will believe the hype.

And just how will that concrete be removed without kill the trees?

When that part of Catch Beach-club that is illegal, gets demolished, then I'll believe all the hype.

Yep, when Catch, Bimo, Diamond get bulldozed I will be a believer.

Oh, and lets not forget all of those massive concrete pads still in place on Surin beachfront, many of which completely encase the old pine trees....when those are bulldozed to allow free public access to the beach again...I too will believe the hype.

And just how will that concrete be removed without kill the trees?

Seems like it's happening tomorrow according to a Phuket publication.

The OP mentioned the Taxi mafia. What happened?

All taxi stands have been eliminated on Phuket.

Hopelessly naive and erroneous statement. What about the vacant block opposite Kalim reef where the Tuk Tuks now gather. They have their table and chairs set up under the Trees there as well as a white board mounted on the tree for the drivers to clock on and off.

phuketrichard, on 15 Jun 2014 - 09:33, said:snapback.png

Surin; the deadline is Tuesday, i expect weds morn to see the army/police an bulldozers waiting for the orders to TAKE IT DOWN

Catch has received a one week extension. It's going to happen.

Be a believer. This is an incredible turn of events.

Interesting stuff, so, also my fellow country mans PLA Restaurant -beach club on Surin beach-south, with the wood construction in the sand to keep the beach intact, even in rough conditions, had to obey the new hard line?whistling.gif

The plastic-jetty he had there since some years in the high season, is usually,

disassembled already, before the rough rainy season.

Edited by ALFREDO

Catch has received a one week extension. It's going to happen.

I was talking to the (former) owner of Skyla. We're both from the Bay Area, he was sad but totally resigned, this is Thailand. He was hauling stuff out of there. He knows where his bar sits.

The corner of Skyla bar had collapsed a victim of the final party and according to Tim, it was the DJ. Skyla was a bar illegally and poorly built into the side of a steep slope. They were rebuilding the toilet last week. They had no idea this was coming. That's why I say, Patong will be a trip.

Tim told me, the Novotel has to take down the four units on the beach. This is fantastic. These are four brand new units with pools by the beach or make that...on the beach. This hotel was an ecological disaster from the start. No western country would have ever let them to build this.

Be a believer. This is an incredible turn of events.

Hmm...wonder how much a one week extension costs?

I bet it is not 1900 THB.

It will be interesting to see if they take down the huge illegal restaurant built on the rocks on the south end of Nai Harn. Friends that know the situation there well said this restaurant paid 500K to the local for the privilege.

I wondered how they could built that restaurant on public land, people have complained about it

but its still there and now has blocked access to the beach

i noticed yesterday that the small thai food places built on the parking area behind it have gone

Also the taxi stand, good riddance they were taking up a lot of the public parking areas

Its obvious why people want to be in local govt here thumbsup.gif

I've known the guy that owns that restaurant for many years. He used to have bungalows up on the hill behind it a long time ago, but then that land was given to the queen according to him. When he built the newer big place, I joked with him that it must be nice to be old friends with the mayor of Rawai. He smiled.

I notice this web cam is not working today, the first time that's happened since I've been viewing it.

Something happening they don't want to share?

It was working about 07.00 this morning. I checked it to see what was happening. I see it's not working now.

Thanks for the link. It would be great to be able to see live feed in case this place is dismantled tomorrow.

Hi Oilinki, PM me and I will give you the link to a live feed. If I post a feed here I could be banned, hung..drawn..and quartered etc.

Cheers.

Thanks for the offer, but it's best if these are shared with everybody here. If you are unsure, you can always send the link to the forum moderator to check if it's ok.

i'd say either before the end of 2004 or way after 2005

2005 Surin was empty after the tsunami for at least a year

I just looked up the meta data and it says 21 April 2007, but that could be when I put it on a different drive. It was in my iPhoto 2005 folder though...