Hodgson shields Rooney after opening defeat

Jonathan Fairfield

Rooney was bad enough but Gerrard was a disgrace, For him to go to the press conference after in that whining Scouse accent he puts on, claiming the team performed admirably is an utter insult to the fans that pay his wages.

Everytime performs for Liverpool but never England. Must be replaced in next game by Barkley and Rooney by Lambert

Rooney was bad enough but Gerrard was a disgrace, For him to go to the press conference after in that whining Scouse accent he puts on, claiming the team performed admirably is an utter insult to the fans that pay his wages.

Everytime performs for Liverpool but never England. Must be replaced in next game by Barkley and Rooney by Lambert

Although i do think it's unfair the way in which all the attention has been on Rooney, as if all the other key players, like Gerrard for example, had blinders, i do also think what you have said in the above is very unfair. In the last competition, the Euros, Gerrard was by far our best player... and much like Rooney, Gerrard's play the other night, suffered because of the job he was being asked to do... something the manager has to take responsibility for.

He's just not quite as world class and commentators say he is.

A little too hype and expectation..

You seriously believe that Wayne Rooney is not world class?

I guess it depends on your definition of 'world class'/

There is no doubting that Rooney is excellent but he isn't as good as Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero, Neymar, Ibrahimovic, or even Bale and Van Persie.

Apart from the assist, he looked very mediocre against Italy, although he was being played out of position so you also have to take that into account.

I guess it depends on your definition of 'world class'/

There is no doubting that Rooney is excellent but he isn't as good as Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero, Neymar, Ibrahimovic, or even Bale and Van Persie.

Apart from the assist, he looked very mediocre against Italy, although he was being played out of position so you also have to take that into account.

A player's form goes in spells. No player consistently plays to world class level, whatever that is, all the time. When Rooney has been at his best, he has easily been as good as all those players above. If you are going to make a judgment based on one game, I can show you plenty of examples from last season of RVP looking decidedly average. I'm sure examples can be found of all the other players too, even Messi.
  • Like 1

sure he is world class .. .but he only shows up one in every five matches

Of late, yes, that is true. The question is though, is another player playing at 90 or 100% better than a Rooney playing at say 70 or 80%? I would say possibly not, although if you are going to play him out of position, it hardly helps justify his selection.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Corrected for you...........once in five months

And remember this character earns more in one week than a British Nurse earns in 15 years and now his "darling" wife is going out to see him..........that'll cure his nocturnal activity with Brazilian Tail.....

Edited by Chivas

So lets see.....

for you "bandwagon passengers" ...........................................

You know who you are, you are the freeloaders who enjoys criticizing, and NEVER give any credit, unless it will look good on yourself.

Messi out, not even near world class player, because he is sshhiiite due to his national team performance......................ohh.......................... wait................ he scored a couple of goals.

Oh dear!

Not him anymore. Surely he is back as a world class player.

Yess. here we go.......... Ronaldo is , not even near world class............ because he was poor against Germany.

And his national team do not win much when he is playing.

Ohh wait, it was not his fault, he was played in a wrong position.

Never mind, he has better stats on his club team as his national team, so he MUST be sshhiiite .

Right freeloaders?

wink.png

Can you imagine if, just if, Rooney scores a screamer and even an assist to another goal, which make England win.

Will be an Exodus with "freeloaders" trying to get off the Bandwagon, and try to understand why their FM 2014 (or other football games) is not working properly.

biggrin.png

PS.

I seriously wonder how many of the members here actually have played football. A bit more than 10- 5 minutes games with pals when 9 years old.

• Like 1

Quote from MEN website

'You people, get off Rooney's back for gods sake. Any one would think, reading the presses comments, that only Rooney did not play well. What about Gerrard? When was the last time he had a good game for England? Where was Hart for the second goal? Where was Baines to stop the cross coming in? Balotteli was in the six yard box when he headed the ball. Anything in the six yard box is the keepers. Where were the two central defenders? We could go on. Rooney is a central striker, play him there. You are using Rooney as a scapegoat, you seem to forget there are eleven players to a team not one'

• Like 1