World Cup Forum

smokie36

should have put dirk kuyt on the first peno. the man has balls of concrete.

Yeh....but (Alfietalkshite) has him down as favourite for bottling it! What a dipshitcheesy.gif

It was a process of elimination and being as Kuyt was no4 against Costa so obviously would have been taking one last night, why didn't he go at no1 as Van Gaal was obviously looking for volunteers.

Anyway your doing a lot of talking but I havn't actually seen your 2 candidates who bottled it !!!

Edited by alfieconn

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What sort of nancy doesn't take the penalty when asked? They are the ones who potentially lost the shoot out and the boss should have made them in a friendly, persuasive, believe type manner.

What did VG say, "ok no problem, will anyone take a pen for us please?"

balls

Really, I wouldn't want someone to take a penalty if they were frightened of it.

But I wouldn't have put a CB on first either. Get Robben up and put one on the board.

I think LvG made a rick.

Yeah I wouldn't want someone playing for me if they were frightened, they shouldn't be frightened. Take the pen or go home to Mumma

It does seem odd that there was no plan for penalties, actually ludicrous.

I'm going for Argentina in the final.

( Brazil might salvage some pride in the play off. I hope they do. )

I'm sticking with Argentina too but after that semi final i'm afraid theres nothing to be salvaged for Brazil.

The world sees this as a fantastic tournament but to the Brazillians its a disaster

I'm sticking with Argentina too but after that semi final i'm afraid theres nothing to be salvaged for Brazil.

The world sees this as a fantastic tournament but to the Brazillians its a disaster

Only thing Brazil can do now is begin the first step again.

I think that since their 5th win in 2002 theres been a false air of entitlement thats been clouding their football. Aside of Thiago Silva and i suppose Neymar how many players in their side are even guaranteed starters domestically? Hardly any. Neymar's had far from an easy first season in La Liga too. The first top team they come up against they get ripped apart. They didn't have the ability to beat Columbia either playing football so either.

I think that since their 5th win in 2002 theres been a false air of entitlement thats been clouding their football. Aside of Thiago Silva and i suppose Neymar how many players in their side are even guaranteed starters domestically? Hardly any. Neymar's had far from an easy first season in La Liga too. The first top team they come up against they get ripped apart. They didn't have the ability to beat Columbia either playing football so either.

As somebody somewhere pointed out, Brazil seems to lack an identity. Many of the tough old guard have moved on and the ones that are left are older and slower (Alves and Maicon and that lot), or younger and lacking grit. There doesn't seem to be any real leaders on the squad, save maybe Thiago Silva, and I really don't see Luiz as a leader. Add in a strange lack of big time strikers after years of having a surplus.

Still they have plenty of talent overall and will be better with time. But the Brazil fear factor is likely non existent at this point. When your main cog is a kid who wears his cap sideways....

Addendum-Neymar has publicly stated he is supporting Argentina to win the WC due to his friendship with Messi. This shows how things have changed with the mentality in Brazil. NO player from Brazil would have even contemplated saying such a thing in the past. If Neymar wasn't Neymar many football fans in Brazil would string a player up for that comment.

O love all this media talk of Germany just having to stop Messi!! The fact they don't see or recognize the strength in depth of talent in that side really is quite baffling to me. Messi has had a very good tournament, agreed, Mascherano has been the outstanding holding midfielder, the rest of the defense solid as usual. di Maria and Aguero my well be back but still Higuain to cover. Yet the press think they are a one man team. Cobblers.

Argentina to win one nil.

Agree. Never mind the media, Loew knows the truth.

This is interesting/worrying.

Germany's bright future:

Manuel Neuer (Goalkeeper) 28 years old, 51 international caps

Mats Hummels (Defender) 25 years old, 35 international caps, four goals

Mesut Ozil (Midfielder) 25 years old, 61 international caps, 18 goals

Mario Gotze (Midfielder) 22 years old, 38 international caps, 10 goals

Toni Kroos (Midfielder) 24 years old, 50 international caps, seven goals

Andre Schurrle (Forward) 23 years old, 38 international caps, 16 goals

Thomas Muller (Forward) 24 years old, 55 international caps, 22 goals

Edited by P45Mustang

O love all this media talk of Germany just having to stop Messi!! The fact they don't see or recognize the strength in depth of talent in that side really is quite baffling to me. Messi has had a very good tournament, agreed, Mascherano has been the outstanding holding midfielder, the rest of the defense solid as usual. di Maria and Aguero my well be back but still Higuain to cover. Yet the press think they are a one man team. Cobblers.

A talented and organized squad Germany have no doubt, but it seems the general public and experts have been swayed by the demolition of a very poor Brazil. Add in the consistent ignorant ramblings about Argentina being a one man team in the face of wonderful defensive displays.

I expect a close match that could go either way. My concern as an Argentina fan is that they have had one day less rest after the grueling win over Holland, while Germany had a walkover against Brazil. You have to figure Germany will be the fresher of the two. Also, it looks like Di Maria will be lucky to make the bench and maybe not that, though Enzo Perez filled in well in his absence against the Tulip Sniffers.

If Higuain shows up again, and Aguero can salvage a poor and injured WC showing, they could make the difference.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

A talented and organized squad Germany have no doubt, but it seems the general public and experts have been swayed by the demolition of a very poor Brazil. Add in the consistent ignorant ramblings about Argentina being a one man team in the face of wonderful defensive displays.

I expect a close match that could go either way. My concern as an Argentina fan is that they have had one day less rest after the grueling win over Holland, while Germany had a walkover against Brazil. You have to figure Germany will be the fresher of the two. Also, it looks like Di Maria will be lucky to make the bench and maybe not that, though Enzo Perez filled in well in his absence against the Tulip Sniffers.

If Higuain shows up again, and Aguero can salvage a poor and injured WC showing, they could make the difference.coffee1.gif

Glad you agree with my early assertions regarding Argentina defensive qualities JDthumbsup.gif

Still think the Germans will be too strong though.

Glad you agree with my early assertions regarding Argentina defensive qualities JDthumbsup.gif

Kudos Wilai ! I knew the defense was better organized under Sabella but they have been way better than I (and everybody else on the planet save you !biggrin.png ) expected. In particular, Rojo is a different player from a year ago during most of the qualifiers. He was a liability then but has really turned it around. Mascherano, Zabaleta and Garay have been top notch. Little known Biglia has done a lot of dirty work in front of Masche allowing Masche to drop deeper and protect Romero when needed. His work as a CB at Barca has come in handy. Romero possibly the biggest surprise given he rode the bench all season with Monaco.

Great work from Sabella in putting it all together.

• Like 1

yep unless messi can come up with a master class and thought he looked poor in the last couple of.games fully expect the germans to beat argentine ,, convincingly ,, unfortunatly.

Who is watching North Korea and Brazil in the final tonight?biggrin.png

Think it's Portugal in the final Bobwink.png

On a more serious note....wonder if the goalscorers in the vid have been "eliminated" to avoid them spilling the beans? Nothing would surprise mesad.png

• Like 1