World Cup Forum

smokie36

Maybe.

Fact is I'd like Argentina to win.

If they don't, at least I have the consolation that somebody put that pompous, sanctimonious, expert on South American football git in his place.

Same in the Prem.

wink.png

You need to remember the prem is a long slog not a Carling cup match.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe.

If they don't, at least I have the consolation that somebody put that pompous, sanctimonious, expert on South American football git in his place.

Same in the Prem.

wink.png

Somebody better send Mourinho a fcking tweet then.

laugh.png

Maybe.

Same in the Prem.

wink.png

My, my, my !biggrin.png

• Like 1

blimey. from keir radnedge on twitter.

"WC Final attendance 74,738. Germans 4,066. Argentinians 4,461. Brazilians 12,984. And the other 53,227 ?"

Depends how many the touts have sold (and supporters of other teams who've gone home).

I'm going for Argentina in the final.

( Brazil might salvage some pride in the play off. I hope they do. )

I'm sticking with Argentina too but after that semi final i'm afraid theres nothing to be salvaged for Brazil.

The world sees this as a fantastic tournament but to the Brazillians its a disaster

Only thing Brazil can do now is begin the first step again.

I think that since their 5th win in 2002 theres been a false air of entitlement thats been clouding their football. Aside of Thiago Silva and i suppose Neymar how many players in their side are even guaranteed starters domestically? Hardly any. Neymar's had far from an easy first season in La Liga too. The first top team they come up against they get ripped apart. They didn't have the ability to beat Columbia either playing football so either.

Luiz, Dante, Kaka, Alves. Several others like Oscar and Ramires who are pretty much guaranteed part of a game in this age of rotational football

Teamwork or lack thereof, not lack of selectability/playing time, was probably their downfall

"WC Final attendance 74,738. Germans 4,066. Argentinians 4,461. Brazilians 12,984. And the other 53,227 ?"

Depends how many the touts have sold (and supporters of other teams who've gone home).

Probably 40000 prawn sandwich munchers....sad but true.....and a few genuine fans to boot thankfully....maybe even a few who bought tickets outside. smile.png

on first thoughts Thats sort of shocking if its accurate, but what can 'others' be? bet your life there will be a sea of blue for the Argentinians looking defo more than 4500, well, lets hope anyway,. .

Edited by rijit

Best team won the cup, not always that I get to say that.

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

yep , just a touch unfortunate it's the Germans,,, again !!!! facepalm.gif

Yes. A bit of a bstrd that.

They seem to know how to attack and how to defend.

facepalm.gif

Reply to #486

Kaka wasn't in the Brazil squad. dante is simply dreadful and aside of Dani Alves and the incredibly average David Luiz, none of them are guaranteed. "Pretty much" isn't guaranteed is it.

In short they are/were just not very good.

• Like 1

Maybe I was tired (Higuain certainly was!) but the second half seemed a bit stagnant to me. Wonder goal, fitting of the last few mins of World Cup 2014 though.

Stand out man of the tournament for me was Manny Neuer. Not that he did much in any match - just stood there and looked totally <deleted> impossible to get past in every matchsmile.png

• Like 1

Argentina will be chewing on that one for a long time. Great effort throughout the WC but the vaunted FAB4 outside of Messi did very little. Poor finishing in the final did them in. The defense was rock solid.

Congrats to Germany. Great cross and and even better finish to end it.

• Like 1

Argentina will be chewing on that one for a long time. Great effort throughout the WC but the vaunted FAB4 outside of Messi did very little. Poor finishing in the final did them in. The defense was rock solid.

Congrats to Germany. Great cross and and even better finish to end it.

Yes, Argentina had two gilt edged opportunities didn't they. Very close match and really rubbished the opinions of Beckenbauer and Mattheus that a German victory was a foregone conclusion.

Sadly it would appear that around 40000 match tickets went out the back door, but fear not seep will undoubtedly launch an internal inquiry and announce that nothing illegal took place.

Scolari's been given the old heave ho.

Shocking news.tongue.png

And who will they find to replace him ? No obvious sure shot candidates. There have even been some Brazilian pundits raising the possibility of a foreign manager. I suppose the glut of qualified Argentine managers might not be considered.whistling.gif