World Cup Forum

smokie36

Shame Ozil wasn't able to play in this world cup. Clearly since his time at Arsenal, Wenger has broken himbiggrin.png

Ozil played against France didn't he?

Oh don't worry it's only smokie and carmine trying to drum up some enthusiasm for this years tiny totts' "It's going to be our year!" campaign.

thumbsup.gif

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like is going to be down to van Gaal then to knock Argentina out.

smile.png

Baring in mind they just scraped past Costa Rica on penalties i really wouldn't get your hopes up.

Suppose i should add here that whilst i don't think van Gaal hasn't gotten anything special out of his side it was a mighty big and clever call to sub in your reserve keeper for the penalty shoot out.

Up until then i thought they were wholly reliant on Robben! biggrin.png

Nice turn of phrase carmine. I enjoyed that.

thumbsup.gif

We are talking World Cup Quarter Finals Day.

Show me this on Hackney Marshes, and I'll sign the kids who can do it:

They want to feel like the Argentine coach Angel Cappa, who was in Spain for the 1982 World Cup, and gleefully recalls that when he was watching Brazil "the ball arrived in one part of the field and disappeared to reappear again in the form of a rabbit and then a dove, and then hide again as the opponents rushed about trying to find it, all of us in the stadium looked at our watches with the intention of making time stand still because we wanted the game to go on for ever".

C'mon Phil.

Jogo Bonito.

Unfortunately the '82 Brazil side didn't have a defense. Mindyou, up until they played Italy it looked like they didn't need one.

The '82 final was my first "soccer" experience. A friend and I had traveled to New York City for a few days and barely knew the WC was being played. Come Sunday we saw Italy was in the final so we headed down to Little Italy, got a table on a second floor terrace overlooking the street at an Italian restaurant. When Italy won the entire area went mad with parades. Amateur marching bands made up of old Italian men playing and entering and exiting restaurants along the street. Crazy celebrations. Unforgettable.

Nothing wrong with being a relative newcomer to football jd but I must admit that I'm surprised that your not a Chelsea supporter biggrin.png

They want to feel like the Argentine coach Angel Cappa, who was in Spain for the 1982 World Cup, and gleefully recalls that when he was watching Brazil "the ball arrived in one part of the field and disappeared to reappear again in the form of a rabbit and then a dove, and then hide again as the opponents rushed about trying to find it, all of us in the stadium looked at our watches with the intention of making time stand still because we wanted the game to go on for ever".

C'mon Phil.

Jogo Bonito.

Unfortunately the '82 Brazil side didn't have a defense. Mindyou, up until they played Italy it looked like they didn't need one.

The '82 final was my first "soccer" experience. A friend and I had traveled to New York City for a few days and barely knew the WC was being played. Come Sunday we saw Italy was in the final so we headed down to Little Italy, got a table on a second floor terrace overlooking the street at an Italian restaurant. When Italy won the entire area went mad with parades. Amateur marching bands made up of old Italian men playing and entering and exiting restaurants along the street. Crazy celebrations. Unforgettable.

Nothing wrong with being a relative newcomer to football jd but I must admit that I'm surprised that your not a Chelsea supporter biggrin.png

I always wanted Brazil to win when I was a nipper.

Not sure where that came from cos I never went near the place til 1989.

Then I knew.

Personal choice.

Freedom.

Rabbits and doves.

thumbsup.gif

C'mon Phil.

Jogo Bonito.

I hated 'em since I first started following football.biggrin.png

Yep.

That's the difference in Brazil.

Botafogo really really hate Fluminense.

laugh.png

Not sure how it works in Argentina; I haven't been there.

smile.png

Lots of hatred in Argentina ! Boca Juniors hates River Plate and vice versa. Tons of hating between the many clubs all over the country. Lots of violence. Lots of gangs with connections to the clubs, police and government officials. Its a zoo.

Yep.

That's the difference in Brazil.

Botafogo really really hate Fluminense.

laugh.png

Not sure how it works in Argentina; I haven't been there.

smile.png

Lots of hatred in Argentina ! Boca Juniors hates River Plate and vice versa. Tons of hating between the many clubs all over the country. Lots of violence. Lots of gangs with connections to the clubs, police and government officials. Its a zoo.

remember bac in the day the president banning ALLmatch's for a weekend because of violence maybe there was even a death. and saying that if there were more incidents it wouldn't be for a weekend he would ban football PERIOD

• Like 1

OK.

Don't talk to me about the Uruguyan President with a chip on his shoulder defending Suarez.

Don't talk to me about Margaret Thatcher.

Don't talk to me about David Cameron.

Don't talk to me about belligerent Argentina.

Don't talk to me about cynical politicians.

Here's what the Brazil President said:

Brazil president Dilma Rousseff tweeted a message of support on Saturday and also sent a letter to the national football team, stating how the entire country is following their campaign.

She said: "Your painful expression yesterday on the pitch at the Castelao [stadium] wounded my heart, along with that of all Brazilians.

"But what we saw was the extraordinary force of a great warrior who, even injured, will not allow himself to be disheartened."

OK.

So what you gonna do Phil? Bring in Willian? He will play his heart out.

Football unifies Brazil more than coffee.

Come on P45 everyone hates Chelsea...it's only natural wink.png

i don't hate chelsea. they're just an irrelevance. their manager is a prize cock and their owner looks like a braindead gimp in a man at C&A jumper but that's it really. can't even find the energy to 'hate' john terry, he's just a tit. chelsea were and remain a small club that won the pools.

• Like 1

i don't hate chelsea. they're just an irrelevance. their manager is a prize cock and their owner looks like a braindead gimp in a man at C&A jumper but that's it really. can't even find the energy to 'hate' john terry, he's just a tit. chelsea were and remain a small club that won the pools.

You are sounding a bit like AlfieConn Stevie.

smile.png

Or as we like to sing:

"Small team in Fulham...

You're just a small team in Fulham",

etc.

smile.png

never lad.

Hey you, talking <deleted>.

Bldy inconvenient irrelevance at Anfield eh?

Get your brain in gear before you come out with personal vendetta.

hehe he got you hook, line and sinker there P45. I was trying to catch you but Stevie nailed it wink.png

• Like 1

Or as we like to sing:

"Small team in Fulham...

You're just a small team in Fulham",

etc.

You don't seem to get the concept of generosity chicog.

Big team at Highbury.

Not a problem.

hehe he got you hook, line and sinker there P45. I was trying to catch you but Stevie nailed it wink.png

Yep.

Liverpool superior. smile.png

John Tit Terry might have helped your mate out though and the Liverpool reject manager didn't do us any favours.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

smile.png

never lad.

You are sounding a bit like redrus now.

Must be a Northern wanting to exert dominance thing.

Would you believe it, first they want the foul on Neymar to be "looked at", now they want Thiago Silva's yellow rescinded.

Why don't you just give them the ****ing trophy now you FIFA ***holes.

smile.png

never lad.

You are sounding a bit like redrus now.

Must be a Northern wanting to exert dominance thing.

Wt F am I being brought in to now.?

Chelsea and anyone south of MerseyDive are an irrelevance, what's the issue...???

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Would you believe it, first they want the foul on Neymar to be "looked at", now they want Thiago Silva's yellow rescinded.

Why don't you just give them the ****ing trophy now you FIFA ***holes.

When you consider the money its cost Brazil, the civil unrest it has caused, consider the enormous amount of money Sepp and his pals are taking out of the tournament, its clear that its very important to FIFA that Brazil has a successful tournament on the pitch.

Fact is, Brazil by their normal standards are not that good and without their two best players in Neymar and Thiago Silva its highly unlikely they will progress without some help. Theres a lot of talk about the foul on Neymar but little of the horrendous fouls by Brazil who kicks lumps out of James Rodriguez for ninety minutes.

Its a bit sad seeing a Brazil side reduced to kicking lumps out of the opposition basically because they are not that good.

• Like 1