How to apply SMS notification Bangkok bank?

The ATM for certain.

Not sure if you can do it online too.

Guess there would be an option shown on their website if its possible

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by N47HAN

Where on that page does it tell a person how to enroll? They have hidden it from my eyes very well indeed. If you dig several more pages deep you find (different page/language for each type of alert): If you start clicking on titles you get there but it is not very good web page IMHO. I would expect "Enroll free today" to be the hot link - but it is not.

Enroll via any Bangkok Bank ATM or by calling Bualuang Phone (66) 0-2645-6655 - you can choose to receive your SMS in either Thai or English.

Where on that page does it tell a person how to enroll? They have hidden it from my eyes very well indeed. If you dig several more pages deep you find (different page/language for each type of alert): If you start clicking on titles you get there but it is not very good web page IMHO. I would expect "Enroll free today" to be the hot link - but it is not.

Enroll via any Bangkok Bank ATM or by calling Bualuang Phone (66) 0-2645-6655 - you can choose to receive your SMS in either Thai or English.

Wanted the individual to see all the different SMS Services options and then click the one he wanted. Besides, you can't make the specific page that gives the full instructions the hot link due to the structure of the page. So, go to the link I gave, selected the "SMS Account Alert" and then click "Enroll Now--It's Easy". It then gives you step by step instructions on how to Enroll at an ATM or Calling the Call Center..or visit the bank. Also quoted below for those who are click impaired.

Enroll via Bangkok Bank ATM - here's how:

1. Insert your card into the ATM and enter your PIN as normal.
  2. Select your preferred language (For Thai SMS, select Thai language and for English SMS, select English language).
  3. Select “Apply for/Amend Service”.
  4. Select “SMS service”, select “SMS Account Alert”, then select “Apply”.
  5. Read the “Provisions Governing SMS Account Service”, then press “Accept”.
  6. Select your preferred account type.
  7. Enter your 10-digit mobile phone number that you wish to use to receive the SMS and press “Correct”.
  8. If you have multiple accounts, select one account that you wish to register.
  9. The system will show the screen confirming your application for the service, including your account and mobile phone number. Please press “Confirm” to complete your registration.
  10. After you have finished the registration transaction, you will receive an ATM slip and an SMS confirming your registration.

* If you would like to change your mobile phone number or cancel service, select “Update mobile no.” or “Cancel service” and follow the on-screen instructions, then press “Confirm”.

Enroll at Bangkok Bank branch - here's how:

New Customer: You can apply for the service when opening a new account

Existing Customer: Present your identification documents and passbook at the branch

Enroll via Bangkok Bank's Call Center - here's how:

1. Call (66) 0-2645-6655
  2. For Thai language, press 1. For English, press 2
  3. Press 1 to access the SMS Account Alert service
  4. Enter your 16-digit ATM or Be1st card number
  5. Enter your 4-digit PIN
  6. Press 1 to register for the SMS Account Alert service
  7. Listen to the terms and conditions and press 1 if you agree
  8. Enter the 10-digit deposit account number (in case you have more than one account linked to the card)
  9. Enter the 10-digit mobile phone number that you wish to use to receive the SMS
  10. Re-enter the 10-digit mobile phone number that you wish to use to receive the SMS
  11. Press 1 to confirm, or press 2 to change your registered mobile phone number. To listen to the information again, press *. To cancel your registration, press 9
  • Like 2

The ATM for certain.

Not sure if you can do it online too.

Guess there would be an option shown on their website if its possible

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes it can be done online. Been there, done it..

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

'Can't speak for Bangkok Bank in particular, but I'd be surprised if you couldn't google "Bangkok Bank transaction alert SMS enrollment" (or something similar) and find out all you ever wanted to know. I know Kasikorn has such information online (with K-bank, it's done at the ATM or by telephone; can't do it online).

For giggles, I went ahead and did that and found this:

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BANGKOKBANK/PERSONALBANKING/DAILYBANKING/SMSALERTS/Pages/alert.aspx

(it seems it can be done @ ATM, by phone, or in person at a bank branch)