Meeting Farang Girls?

I knew what I said would be controversial! But what I have said is based on my experience and from chatting to quite a few single farang girls in BKK (mainly my GF's mates) and getting their views on this topic.

No disagreement with Nat and SBK, but the plain fact of the matter is that there is some of us guys out there who simply aren't attracted to Thai girls. Yes, we are strange :o

As for many of the single Farang girls I have met while in BKK, for what ever reason, they aren't particularly attracted to Thai guys and are particularly suspicious of farang guys who like Thai girls as there is ample opportunity for them to stray.

Combined with the shoe being on the other foot (ie finding that they aren't on the opposite sex's radar screen - the usual lot for the average bloke back home), single farang girls in BKK can behave....well remarkably like guys do back home. Suddenly, the farang girl is more appoachable, less defensive when a guy tries to chat to them and less snobby. Many of them actually make the first move!

Given those factors, there is ample opportunity, either superficial or otherwise (I met my lovely Kiwi GF while we were both living in BKK) for a guy wanting to meet farang girls.

I could be wrong, but those are the facts as I see them from first hand expereince though.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew what I said would be controversial! But what I have said is based on my experience and from chatting to quite a few single farang girls in BKK (mainly my GF's mates) and getting their views on this topic.

No disagreement with Nat and SBK, but the plain fact of the matter is that there is some of us guys out there who simply aren't attracted to Thai girls. Yes, we are strange :o

As for many of the single Farang girls I have met while in BKK, for what ever reason, they aren't particularly attracted to Thai guys and are particularly suspicious of farang guys who like Thai girls as there is ample opportunity for them to stray.

Combined with the shoe being on the other foot (ie finding that they aren't on the opposite sex's radar screen - the usual lot for the average bloke back home), single farang girls in BKK can behave....well remarkably like guys do back home. Suddenly, the farang girl is more appoachable, less defensive when a guy tries to chat to them and less snobby. Many of them actually make the first move!

Given those factors, there is ample opportunity, either superficial or otherwise (I met my lovely Kiwi GF while we were both living in BKK) for a guy wanting to meet farang girls.

I could be wrong, but those are the facts as I see them from first hand expereince though.

:D And you are half Thai Samran

Hi samran

Have to admit the picture you paint is quite accurate. It can be rather disheartening for a female in thailand esp if she's looking for a proper relationship (not talking about seeing a bloke or a shag).

Personally like to be free of prejudice however I can understand how some females can be suspicious of the farang males here. Some guys I know here who are married or have partners sometimes stray with bar girls and don't see anything wrong with such behaviour. Some even have a western and thai girlfriend. I know not all the males here are like that and when I see such things it simply reinforces my own moral and ethical standards. I can see how a person may generalise such behaviour to other males and be suspicious of them (I'm not condoning this but can understand how it can happen).

Anyway, there are both good and bad men here just depends if one is fortunate to encounter a good one :o

Nat,  Sun 2004-03-21, 07:58:53

Anyway, there are both good and bad men here just depends if one is fortunate to encounter a good one  :D

Well said Nat, no judgement meant Samran, just pointing out that all those guys who say, "why bother with a farang girl.... farang can't compete" etc etc are just closing their minds off to opportunities. When I came to Thailand as a tourist all those many years ago I had absolutely no intention of getting involved in a serious relationship with anyone, thai or farang. I had plans! I also preferred blond hair and blue eyes in a man too. Well, luckily enough, I didn't close my mind to my opportunities or limit my choices and I have been happily married to my soul-mate (only way to describe him :o ) 15 years this August.

I say, keep your options open; many farang girls are great, as are many Thai girls. Just as there are many great Thai men and farang men.

Many are awful too, but hey, that is the luck of the draw!

:o And you are half Thai Samran

Dr P,

I already have one Thai woman in my life....my mother. That is quite enough for me to handle!! :D

Wierd as it sounds, I am generally not attracted to Thai women physically (well most anyway). Dunno why. But more than that...given that I can actually have a decent conversation with most of them (no "mai cow jai" for me), I just don't like some of the stuff I hear that comes out of most Thai girls mouth. Definetly an upbringing thing thats shaped their views of the world and relationships that just doesn't work for me. Each to their own I guess!!!

This general topic of farang girls in Thailand though is a pretty facinating. The whole dynamic of social interation between the farang sexes seems to change the second you get off that plane at Don Muang. I am sure there is a PhD in that for someone, somewhere!!

:o  And you are half Thai Samran

Dr P,

I already have one Thai woman in my life....my mother. That is quite enough for me to handle!! :D

Wierd as it sounds, I am generally not attracted to Thai women physically (well most anyway). Dunno why. But more than that...given that I can actually have a decent conversation with most of them (no "mai cow jai" for me), I just don't like some of the stuff I hear that comes out of most Thai girls mouth. Definetly an upbringing thing thats shaped their views of the world and relationships that just doesn't work for me. Each to their own I guess!!!

This general topic of farang girls in Thailand though is a pretty facinating. The whole dynamic of social interation between the farang sexes seems to change the second you get off that plane at Don Muang. I am sure there is a PhD in that for someone, somewhere!!

I totally understand. And in my time here, I see the complexities. As long as they are girls mate....go, go, go.

Well the best i'va managed to locate is a couple of very very drunk Finnish girls who were quite into me, tourists, prolly looking for a holiday fling... i didnt follow that one up on the basis their thai was non-existant and their english only marginally better... and i had a date with a VAT and a pool cue... sad but true.

Could have been interesting, maybe i should have investigated that one further??? :o

But a Kiwi Samran, couldn't you at least find a Pom. :o

Went out with a Pommy before the Kiwi. She was a bit wierd, so that relationship (also BKK based) didn't last very long!

Am very very happy now though! Given the nature of this website, its good to know that fortress Australia doesn't apply to Kiwi's, and she can live and work in Australia with no problems whatsoever. One less hassle!!

Dr P - As for the sheep, well dunno about that, but I do have Kangaroos living 500 metres away up Red Hill nature reserve. A nice change from BKK (for the moment!!)

But a Kiwi Samran, couldn't you at least find a Pom. :o

Went out with a Pommy before the Kiwi. She was a bit wierd, so that relationship (also BKK based) didn't last very long!

Am very very happy now though! Given the nature of this website, its good to know that fortress Australia doesn't apply to Kiwi's, and she can live and work in Australia with no problems whatsoever. One less hassle!!

Dr P - As for the sheep, well dunno about that, but I do have Kangaroos living 500 metres away up Red Hill nature reserve. A nice change from BKK (for the moment!!)

Your own UN mate :D There's June and freezing times still to come in downtown Canberra. Honorary Membership in the Brass Monkey Society is available.

teelac888 Posted on Tue 2004-03-23, 04:48:28

i missed something here.

why would you want to meet a farang girl?

As a green newbie, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt.

I think u missed the heading on this section teelac888, Farang girls in Thailand, for, you know, farang girls in thailand & the men that wanna meet,appriciate,chat or be mates with them. :o

dr_Pat_Pong Posted on Tue 2004-03-23, 05:49:48

This one is a blue Boo. Go for his meaty bites 

Nah, dr pp, this one I can accept, I understand. We farang girls are hard work, what with all the drinks that need buying, the witty converstaion we require, the making an effort to get us in the sack. It really can be quite tiring for all these young bucks :o

dr_Pat_Pong Posted on Tue 2004-03-23, 05:49:48

This one is a blue Boo. Go for his meaty bites 

Nah, dr pp, this one I can accept, I understand. We farang girls are hard work, what with all the drinks that need buying, the witty converstaion we require, the making an effort to get us in the sack. It really can be quite tiring for all these young bucks :D

He's saved by your generosity of spirit :o

We farang girls are hard work, what with all the drinks that need buying, the witty converstaion we require, the making an effort to get us in the sack. It really can be quite tiring for all these young bucks :D

Then there are the guys who've been here a bit too long and simply walk up to a girl and say "I haven't had sex with a farang woman in 15 years, how about it?" :o:D

We farang girls are hard work, what with all the drinks that need buying, the witty converstaion we require, the making an effort to get us in the sack. It really can be quite tiring for all these young bucks :D

Then there are the guys who've been here a bit too long and simply walk up to a girl and say "I haven't had sex with a farang woman in 15 years, how about it?" :D:D

Smooth talkers eh Natty ? :o

Then there are the guys who've been here a bit too long and simply walk up to a girl and say "I haven't had sex with a farang woman in 15 years, how about it?" :D:D

Smooth talkers eh Natty ? :o

that's one thing you can call them :D

We farang girls are hard work, what with all the drinks that need buying, the witty converstaion we require, the making an effort to get us in the sack. It really can be quite tiring for all these young bucks :o

Witty conversation is a must. Otherwise it does seem like hard work!!

samran Posted on Tue 2004-03-23, 06:53:12

QUOTE (Boo @ Tue 2004-03-23, 06:03:16)

We farang girls are hard work, what with all the drinks that need buying, the witty converstaion we require, the making an effort to get us in the sack. It really can be quite tiring for all these young bucks 

Witty conversation is a must. Otherwise it does seem like hard work!! 

Very smooth samran :o

/waves furiously

Not too tireing for me, finding a farang woman who doesnt look at me like im some perverted sex tourist is the tiring bit.

"Oh you live in Phuket, eh?... bloody pervert" :o

I'm sooo misunderstood, its criminal