Driving licence

Zoe2011

Hello!

I'm currently living in Phichit province and will be moving to chiangmai, Hangdong area in a few months.

I have just finished taking driving lessons and i think I'm ready to do my drivers licence test.

My question is; Has anybody took the drivers licence test in Hangdong district? How was it? Are the staff polite? I'm kinda debating weather to take my test here (which has very lil foreigners) or in Hangdong where i might fit in a bit lol

Thankyou in advance :)

Bit of a difficult one to answer now they have started doing 'proper' tests for first timers. We oldies with licence from abroad find it all very easy. Staff are generally polite.

Hope you will get response from someone who has recently had experience as a first timer.

One thing to note... You did not state whether you need a license for a car or motorcycle... But here in Chiang Mai/Hang Dong the police have clued into a new revenue stream at their blockade... If you are riding a motorcycle and only have a car licenses they will ticket you for 200 baht (Many also have the convienent "You pay now?" option)... The car license takes less time but in the long run if you ride a motorcycle get the right license or better both...

Here is a link to a good DIY... But as stated before they have changed their testing...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-KZPnmHsU7dA/Uh7lgIL3Q1I/AAAAAAAAARo/Ml_wYVW-LZ8/s1600/How+To+Get+Your+Thai+Driving+Licence+in+Chiang+CHEAT-page-0.jpg

Edited by sfokevin