26th suspect of 'Khon Kaen Model' terror group arrested

webfact

26th Suspect of 'Khon Kaen Model' Terror Group Arrested

By Khaood English

14035990461403599082l.jpg

14035990461403599094l.jpg

KHON KAEN - The police claim they have arrested another member of the clandestine group who allegedly planned to stage terror attacks to voice their opposition against the military regime.

The suspect, Noppadol Petchmadan, 42, was arrested at his residence in Nakhon Ratchasima province, said Pol.Lt.Gen. Detnarong Sutthichanbancha at the press conference today.

According to the police, the search in his residence turned up one carbine rifle, one AK-47 rifle, one Thompson sub-machine gun, two Messen sub-machine guns, one M79 grenade launcher, two M-16 rifles, one A-16 machine gun, six frag grenades, one blank grenade, three bulletproof jackets, six mortars, six silencers, and 25 ammo boxes containing bullets for a variety of handgun and rifle types.

Pol.Lt.Gen. Detnarong said the suspect was a former soldier who had been conspiring with members of the clandestine group based in the province, known as "Khon Kaen Model" network.

The group was "discovered" by security officers almost immediately after the military staged the coup on 22 May. According to the military junta's National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), the network intended to stage terror attacks against the security forces in Khon Kaen and incite further unrest in other northeastern provinces.

The northeastern region of Thailand has come under particularly harsh scrutiny and crackdown from the military regime in recent weeks due to its reputation as the major stronghold of the Redshirt movement, which is allied to the previous government.

Scores of activists and local politicians have been summoned and detained for several days at military camps, prompting many Redshirt sympathisers to live under fear of political persecution.

At the press conference in Khon Kaen this morning, Pol.Lt.Gen. Detnarong said the military will detain the latest suspect of the "Khon Kaen Model" for seven days to interrogate him about the source of the weapons under his possession.

Afterwards, Mr. Noppadol will be transferred to the custody of Khon Kaen police for legal prosecution, the officer said.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1403599046

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-06-24

• Like 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some claim are red movement peaceful, but in true there are terrorist and children murderers, since few weeks a lot evidences have been collect, now I wait the arrest of the big boss...

Now let to see if Charupong "free red shirt country" organisation will be more peaceful than red shirt terrorist group !

Some claim are red movement peaceful, but in true there are terrorist and children murderers, since few weeks a lot evidences have been collect, now I wait the arrest of the big boss...

Now let to see if Charupong "free red shirt country" organisation will be more peaceful than red shirt terrorist group !

Let's see if it lasts a month or even a couple of weeks.

Oh and it is a safe bet that this post will be a red shirt free zone

Edited by bkkstooge

Some interesting wording in this article:-

'The police claim.....'

"discovered" in quotes

'prompting many Redshirt sympathisers to live under fear of political persecution'

No doubt we are in line for a procession of these grotesque charades, where things get miraculously "discovered" so people can get subsequently "disappeared".

But hey, at least 22 of the Junta's toughest warriors got a nice picture, looking menacing, for the family album. "What did you do under the military dictatorship daddy?"

It's what military juntas do; it's how they justify silencing the voice of the under-privileged.

It's a shame that so many here, who were brought up to enjoy all the benefits of a fair and democratic society, seem to revel in it.

Edited by Cthulhu
  • Like 2

I hope they can trace where the firearms came from.

Every one will have a number. Those M16's stolen from military sites will have had a registered number.

I think "had" serial numbers, may be the case of stolen weapons

So when are they going to catch the financers of this militant group? Its great they continue to capture more and more of these fanatics but until they get the backers they will never put a stop to havin more of then willing to kill innocent people

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Some interesting wording in this article:-

'The police claim.....'

"discovered" in quotes

'prompting many Redshirt sympathisers to live under fear of political persecution'

It's a shame that so many here, who were brought up to enjoy all the benefits of a fair and democratic society, seem to revel in it.

Yes. The wording is everything.

It's how a rag like khao sod try to turn fact into supposition.

Generally works on those who like to interpret facts they already 'know' when challenged by Events and facts that actually are.

And I am laughing my a*s off at the words fair and democratic - to describe thai society.

Pick any time line you like in the nations history - under any government and show me where it was fair!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

This is the most significant haul of nasty toys since the coup.

I just worry there are many more of these caches that are stashed away, cell-fashion, where no one can find them no matter who they interrogate for seven days. There is a lot of money at stake, on all sides.

Sorry to say, this is an iceberg tip. I am glad they found it, but a lot of people are permanently ticked off.

It would really be nice if they could actually negotiate, make concessions so stability was a more permanent feature of Thai politics. Instead, people take over airports, lob grenades at each children, kidnap people and throw them in khlongs to die, and bully voters in red villagers (two slaps for each side)and the list from both sides is pretty long and harsh. The General stepped in because crap was getting out of hand.

Good. But I think this is a case of a temporary truce.

Thai history over the last thirty years, unfortunately, entirely supports this assumption.

This is a honeymoon, sadly.

sad.png

• Like 1

The police claim.....

prompting many Redshirt sympathisers to live under fear of political persecution

It's good to see Khaosod is continuing with their fair and balanced and unbiased reporting.

If you have done nothing wrong, there's nothing to fear. wai2.gif

• Like 1

I hope they can trace where the firearms came from.

Every one will have a number. Those M16's stolen from military sites will have had a registered number.

I think "had" serial numbers, may be the case of stolen weapons

But good forensic techniques can uncover many "removed" stamped serial numbers, that's of course if good forensic techniques are applied.

Posts in violation of the following guideline have been removed:

URGENT NOTICE TO MEMBERS

NCPO: All suspects in lese majeste cases, national security cases, violators of NCPO orders will face court martial

Due to the fluid situation in Thailand and the pressure being placed on the media, Thaivisa will temporarily impose strict limitations on any comments that can be construed as being negative about the imposition of Martial Law or the Coup. Posters will also not be permitted to make references to the royal family.

It is the hope of Thaivisa that this will be a temporary situation. Thaivisa will continue to monitor the situation and it is our wish that in a short while we will be able to less strict in the policy concerning posting. Posts contravening the policy will be removed without notice.

Please exercise extreme care in your posts. The same rules applies to Facebook, Twitter and other social media. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Thaivisa Forum guidelines/rules: http://www.thaivisa....tion=boardrules

Thaivisa Forum Admin

"Red shirts feeling persecuted"-surely the only ones losing sleep are those whose hands are stained by gun oil,cordite and blood...further all indicted are entitled to a charge sheet and trial in open court-more than the '000s of youngsters slain in isolation under cover of darkness in the backwoods and jungles nationwide during their masters war on drugs.It would seem a new broom does indeed sweep clean.

• Like 1

"Red shirts feeling persecuted"-surely the only ones losing sleep are those whose hands are stained by gun oil,cordite and blood...further all indicted are entitled to a charge sheet and trial in open court-more than the '000s of youngsters slain in isolation under cover of darkness in the backwoods and jungles nationwide during their masters war on drugs.It would seem a new broom does indeed sweep clean.

What about those whose hands are stained by nothing more than sandwiches and a copy of George Orwell`s 1984?

• Like 1

Yeah you are right Cthulhu! There should have been a civil war with thousands dead including the innocent caught in the crossfire app

At first read I thought you called him Cthulhu in reference to the god of chaos in a successful attempt at sarcastic humor . But it really is his name !! Explains his goals

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand