Split in half: Man credits Thai amulet for walking away from Lamborghini crash

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That's one helluva cookie run bill for his parents.

Rich prick kid...!

Maybe dad will be a bit angry........but whatever......the belief in amulets will now rise even higher.....

Wish I had an amulet store!!!

He has no parents.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at Lamborghini prices and 36 Million baht seems way pricey. I know there will be import and duty to pay but that sure is some mark-up. That model looks like a Gallardo and I think they're around $250k not the $1 Million or so he seems to have paid. Yet now it's sitting in pieces ... mai pen arai noh! hahaha

• Like 1

Wait lets all break out the amulets then, was it the chok ta karm rama tep, or the ta grut and more importantly where can i buy one? or is this the new invincible Thai amulet to drop your money on. Please PM me I can give you the winning numbers for next weeks lottery for a small donation

Incredible that people actually believe this stupid mumbo jumbo.

What? Like roadworthy cars being designed to split in half under impact? giggle.gif

I'd like a vid of a Euro-Ncap latest Lambo crash on side impact or pole test or 50 deformable barrier side showing me the car splitting in half. (Or a FMVSS one, for that matter).

Anybody?

Looking at Lamborghini prices and 36 Million baht seems way pricey. I know there will be import and duty to pay but that sure is some mark-up. That model looks like a Gallardo and I think they're around $250k not the $1 Million or so he seems to have paid. Yet now it's sitting in pieces ... mai pen arai noh! hahaha

was brand new Gallardo for sale in Phuket in a shop, 19,5 mill bath

The usual coconuts sensationalist rubbish. It's a tub car with the rear suspension mounted to the engine which acts as a structural member and the mounts to the chassis tub are designed to break under heavy crashes so the driver suffers less impact. Just the same as an F1.

See Ralf Schumachers crash for the reason why.

More than one structural member to be precise. You are wrong that the tub (cockpit) is designed to break under crash.

The A, B and C pillar structure should never shatter, no matter the impact load. Yes, it should break away from the chassis, to prevent one of the greatest killers: weight of rear tyre, combined with wheel and break weight, impacting the driver from the rear. The engine is not a structural member, as torsional loads cannot carry such weight along with the cockpit (as I term it, correctly). No way is an engine, and its weight, ever a part of cockpit design!

Where did you get any of that from ?

I said the mounts are supposed to break not the tub.

The engine and gearbox are a structural members , it is a structural member of the car as the rear suspension loads are fed through it and the gearbox. See any tub single seater or top end racecar.

gearbox_pic1.jpg

The engine is never an integral part of cockpit safety (tub, as you call it), and neither is suspension. They take torsional loads designed by inclusive chassis torsional stiffness, which include all weld points concerning any pillars involved or floor mountings, including floor stiffening, and cross-members.

I got it from being a chief designer at Jaguar, LandRover, Ford and lately Chery in China, FYI. - Based upon experience, crash testing, impact loading, FMA, FMEA, PFMEA, QFMEA and whatever you would like to add to the list. The cock-pit is an occupant area which should never be encroached. Impact beams, crush beams, you name it... yes... take engine impact, but they are, or should not be intergral parts of the tub (cockpit, in my terms). C-towers and associated cross-members are incredibly important, and change torsional stiffness dramatically, yet are, in most circumstances, difficult to package. He was driving a roadworthy (alledged) car, not a single seater, which your pint of view pertains to.

Whose posts are you actually reading ? w00t.gif

Should have gone to spec savers.

Is that you Kerry ?

The guy passed me in the afternoon, coming from Bkk, he was driving his car at an extremely high speed from right to left over taking cars on both sides, he probably was too confident in his driving skills,.

It was Warpy.................laugh.png

More than one structural member to be precise. You are wrong that the tub (cockpit) is designed to break under crash.

The A, B and C pillar structure should never shatter, no matter the impact load. Yes, it should break away from the chassis, to prevent one of the greatest killers: weight of rear tyre, combined with wheel and break weight, impacting the driver from the rear. The engine is not a structural member, as torsional loads cannot carry such weight along with the cockpit (as I term it, correctly). No way is an engine, and its weight, ever a part of cockpit design!

The engine and gearbox are a structural members , it is a structural member of the car as the rear suspension loads are fed through it and the gearbox. See any tub single seater or top end racecar.

gearbox_pic1.jpg

The engine is never an integral part of cockpit safety (tub, as you call it), and neither is suspension. They take torsional loads designed by inclusive chassis torsional stiffness, which include all weld points concerning any pillars involved or floor mountings, including floor stiffening, and cross-members.

I got it from being a chief designer at Jaguar, LandRover, Ford and lately Chery in China, FYI. - Based upon experience, crash testing, impact loading, FMA, FMEA, PFMEA, QFMEA and whatever you would like to add to the list. The cock-pit is an occupant area which should never be encroached. Impact beams, crush beams, you name it... yes... take engine impact, but they are, or should not be intergral parts of the tub (cockpit, in my terms). C-towers and associated cross-members are incredibly important, and change torsional stiffness dramatically, yet are, in most circumstances, difficult to package. He was driving a roadworthy (alledged) car, not a single seater, which your pint of view pertains to.

Is that you Kerry ?

So you deny your above info, which has nothing to do with roadworthy car design?

This jerk is an irresponsible fool,it was only by luck he did not hit another vehicle,i really hope the insurance does not pay out,but seeing as he is rich,i guess they will,and what about the speeding,i guess a small fine for it,the whole thing stinks.

Well yes the fine for speeding is 500B no matter who you are or how much money you have or is it actually 1000 Baht like the copper pulled on me the other week ?

gearbox_pic1.jpg

Is that you Kerry ?

So you deny your above info, which has nothing to do with roadworthy car design?

Give over trolling Kerry/Kelly/ Andrew it really is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I pity the car. It's so sad when a car like that dies and its dirt dumb owner survives.

Can you describe the car's past character, so that I may enjoy the melancholy and the sadness too? It died in a crash... not crunched or recycled.. blooded the road with oil and fuel.... and went way before its time... sooo sad. crying.gif.pagespeed.ce.kh9vLpJQkU.png ... I'm gutted..... it wasn't the <deleted> that owned it. wink.png

Slightly off topic but I presume this guy has family wealth or something? Surely a US based company wouldnt be paying over the odds for a chap like this?

I understand as president he`ll have a good salary, but one that enables him to buy a $1 million car, i doubt it.

I find it disturbing in a country where so many struggle by on 6000 or 7000 baht a month you have idiots like this living a life most of us here can dream of.

Edited by tullynagardy

I think if you took a look at the chassis, it will be one of these 'stitched together' dubious imports. Quite common to cut them in half and re-weld them in chop shops to avoid lots of cost. MLM, he nearly became a bit multi leveled himself, car, body, amulet, car.

Oz

It is weird. A Lambo should not split in half like that at 150kph. He was probably going faster or it is a hack job.

Could be a real one I suppose.

It didn't split in half at 150kph, it split in half after hitting a tree at 150kph.

Apart from laughing at all posts, and attempting to shame them, I thought you, at least, would ask how the tree is doing.

I guess that's below you? ;)

Is that you Kerry ?

Give over trolling Kerry/Kelly/ Andrew it really is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It'zzzz meeee Kerry. How did you guess? Now please, start paying some consideration to the tree... like you never did. sad.png