Bad riders face losing licence

ll2

Latest news:

'Motorists who repeatedly break traffic laws may soon see their driving licences suspended for up to 90 days, and/or possibly cancelled.

Licence suspension is a new measure to be used over the next 1-2 months by the Land Transport Department in conjunction with fines to reduce road accidents general Asdsathai Rattanadilok Na Phuket says.

"At present, if you run a red light and are caught on camera or stopped by the police, you pay a fine. Soon, if you break the law the second time, your driving licence may be suspended for 30 days," he said. "For third-time offence, the licence will be frozen for 60-90 days. A fourth-time offender in one year may see his licence revoked," general added.

Just keep in mind guys. I never run a red light but use under and over passes and they put cameras on them too!

My license plate arrived last weekend so i am more careful nowadays as now new army administration ironing out things it looks like in Thailand and it will go this way for a while.

What will they so with the huge percentage of riders and drivers who never had a license in the first place?

than, they will fine the owner of the motorbike.

Sometime, i have no choice but to drive company cars to go to meetings and once they sent a photo of the car i was driving with the speeding fine document to the office - company owns the cars - with exact time and date they took the photo.

What will they so with the huge percentage of riders and drivers who never had a license in the first place?

Sometime, i have no choice but to drive company cars to go to meetings and once they sent a photo of the car i was driving with the speeding fine document to the office - company owns the cars - with exact time and date they took the photo.

Same here, I've been done at least 5 times with an official ticket sent to our HR department and a clear picture of me driving. Normally the elevated highway from BKK to ChonBuri. Fines from 500 to 1000 baht.

When I renewed my licence, they obviously saw the records and I was sent to a room to sit through an hour long Thai soap opera style 'educational' video about some Somchai speeding everywhere and eventually crashing with his kid in the car. My fear of having to watch a Thai soap opera ever again is far more effective than the fines laugh.png

• Like 2

On the good side, If I get a fine it is mostly 100 baht unnoted but it is the cameras I am worried about, take over and underpasses all the time as well. we will see how it works out, the last time they stopped me and asked for a license is quite some time ago

TIT, 80% of the bike riders in Khon Kaen don't have licence, so it would be discriminatory to punish only those who took the trouble to become qualified. In any case losing your licence doesn't mean you can't ride, in merely put's you in the majority.

If I got stopped I would say I don't have a licence and pay the 200baht fine, no problem.

They got these ideas from the west where you must have a licence, so the first thing to do is enforce that, or take their bike, but that has it's own problems. They would merely crash the road block and bugga off in fear of losing 30,000baht, I have seen them crash through a road block to avoid a 200baht loss.

Then then is the problem of corruption, the cops would be asking for a 2000baht bribe instead of 200.

• Like 1

This really sucks about the under and over passes because that could be annoying. I don't use them that much but once in a while. Nothing to be done for us motorist. Stupid rules but we have to live with them and if they start suspending a license one could be in trouble.

• Like 1

I have had one of these fines through the post but infact i was,nt guilty, i had a picture of me come in the post which stated i ran a red light but actualy i drove on green and the traffic stopped because of the market caos and lack of police control...while i was stationary it turned red,

i just paid the 500bht fine

• Like 1

Got mine in a rental car outside Chaing Mai, radar guy dressed in camo. along side the road, rental company calls me, you need to come in we have ticket 400baht

TIT, 80% of the bike riders in Khon Kaen don't have licence, so it would be discriminatory to punish only those who took the trouble to become qualified. In any case losing your licence doesn't mean you can't ride, in merely put's you in the majority.

If I got stopped I would say I don't have a licence and pay the 200baht fine, no problem.

They got these ideas from the west where you must have a licence, so the first thing to do is enforce that, or take their bike, but that has it's own problems. They would merely crash the road block and bugga off in fear of losing 30,000baht, I have seen them crash through a road block to avoid a 200baht loss.

Then then is the problem of corruption, the cops would be asking for a 2000baht bribe instead of 200.

no offense Allan, but... "become qualified" I just have to cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

anyways, all those years, a license has only been used for the purpose discount in tea money.

because having or not a license here is the same.

I have had one of these fines through the post but infact i was,nt guilty, i had a picture of me come in the post which stated i ran a red light but actualy i drove on green and the traffic stopped because of the market caos and lack of police control...while i was stationary it turned red,

if you were in the middle of the intersection while green, then it turned red, it could be still your fault.

Logically one is not supposed to enter the intersection if the traffic ahead is not clear.

if you were in the middle of the intersection while green, then it turned red, it could be still your fault.

Logically one is not supposed to enter the intersection if the traffic ahead is not clear.

Traffic was flowing as i entered the intersection, it stopped as 3 lanes of traffic tried to reduce to 1 lane as 2 lanes were clogged with tuktuks taxis and food carts, TiT

Post removed.

Please do not make illegal suggestions.

There is nothing illegal in carrying multiple licences as long as they are all valid

After 3 consecutives months one should have a Thai licence to stay on the legal side but that's rarely if ever enforced in my lifetime

An American or euro licence is normally fine for any infringement but nobody knows for sure now the army is implementing changes or making the police do some police work etc lol