Invitation to the Grand Opening of the Thaivisa Lounge Bar in Bangkok on July 4

Jonathan Fairfield

Err where did my post about expensive beer go?

I was wondering the same thing. I certainly saw it when I got the email notification. There was also a reply or two. I saw the emails on my phone before I left work. I was hoping for an answer, so I came here to check it out. The posts, like one of mine about smoking, seem to have vanished. Mine vanished because it mentioned something illegal. I am not sure what rules you broke by mentioning the current price of beer at the establishment set at something like 220 baht per pint if I recall correctly from my quick glance at the email. I didn't commit it to memory because I expected to read it along with the replies when I got home!

It would seem a lot posts are getting zapped on this thread for some reason, and it isn't even political in nature. There wasn't a warning at the beginning of the thread that the thread would be monitored carefully and moderated heavily. Oh well ....

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We would prefer if you guys can have the Thaivisa app installed and just show at the entrance, much easier for the staff.

If you don't have any smartphone, just print out your profile page or something that identifies you. Be creative!

Thanks!!

• Like 1

Err where did my post about expensive beer go?

I was wondering the same thing. I certainly saw it when I got the email notification. There was also a reply or two. I saw the emails on my phone before I left work. I was hoping for an answer, so I came here to check it out. The posts, like one of mine about smoking, seem to have vanished. Mine vanished because it mentioned something illegal. I am not sure what rules you broke by mentioning the current price of beer at the establishment set at something like 220 baht per pint if I recall correctly from my quick glance at the email. I didn't commit it to memory because I expected to read it along with the replies when I got home!

It would seem a lot posts are getting zapped on this thread for some reason, and it isn't even political in nature. There wasn't a warning at the beginning of the thread that the thread would be monitored carefully and moderated heavily. Oh well ....

What would probably help is if there was another general thread about the bar itself: the food, drink, staff, etc. in which people can air their views. This thread is about the invitation to the party, and if it gets clogged up with people commenting on the price of beer, whether or not certain staff will be there, whether you should be able to smoke inside, etc. then the thread will quickly lose focus and it will become hard for George & co to work out who's actually going to attend on Friday. I think that's the reason why so many posts are being deleted from this thread.

And a quick tip for those who want to see the thread "warts and all" - simply subscribe to it and you get all the posts, deleted or not, in your email inbox where you can keep them for as long as you like.

• Like 2

Sorry, but what about members with Windows Phone? No app for us and so no discount?

I arrive in Bangkok on Friday and I'll have my laptop with me during my visit. Don't want to bring that so have a similar problem!

What are those without the app supposed to do???

I'll be in Bangkok but I'll pass on the opening. Bars, especially bars near Nana, have never had any attraction for me. Instead, I'll spend the day at the bike show at Central World and then head to the river for a good glass of red wine and a sunset.

Best to you with the new enterprise.

David

This isn't a bar though! It's a "lounge"! It's an entirely different ballgame! cheesy.gif

What????? No barfines!!!!!

One of the places on Cowboy has a naughty corner as I'm sure you know george.....are we getting a grumpy corner for one or two of our members who might drop in?

I could name one or two who would like that, but if your looking for an Ena Sharples, Albert Tatlock type, then I think not.

Sorry, but what about members with Windows Phone? No app for us and so no discount?

I arrive in Bangkok on Friday and I'll have my laptop with me during my visit. Don't want to bring that so have a similar problem!

Just print out this invitation or your forum profile page maybe, so we can verify that you are a member.

I am only Arriving BKK Saturday morning, dentist Sat afternoon, pain relief your bar Saturday night!!

Am hoping to meet some MAJOR hangover cases then... Am a veterinarian so can self-medicate

Just print out this invitation or your forum profile page maybe, so we can verify that you are a member.

Done, in black/white though rolleyes.gif

Had a beer there early evening yesterday. Still lots of 'new waves' references. As I left about 6PM there may have been 2 other customers left.

Still, high hopes for Friday biggrin.png