Invitation to the Grand Opening of the Thaivisa Lounge Bar in Bangkok on July 4

Jonathan Fairfield

Some photo's and a map would have been helpful. Perhaps a menu and prices as well.

I don't think photos would help you, as it has been stated earlier in this thread that the signs aren't up yet. What do you want them to take photos of? Would you like them to take a picture of the building and then photoshop what they think the sign will look like into the picture so you can recognize the building. In all seriousness, this is a forum for expats and long-term visitors. While I admit that there are some tourists here and newbies, most of us have been to Bangkok once or twice. A lot of us actually live here. For those who have been to Bangkok a few times, I would venture a guess that 95% of them have visited lower Sukhumvit at some point. Even those who haven't know how to use google maps. At the very least, they know how the numbering of sois off of a main road works throughout the country. If you are unable to locate Soi 7 without a map to the venue, you are going to have a difficult time getting around anywhere in Thailand. You might want to consider giving Bangkok a miss altogether, as you are likely to be as lost as an Easter egg!

Soi 7 is located between Soi 5 (there is a McDonalds on the corner and Gullivers is on this Soi) and Soi 7/1 (There is a Subway on the corner along with Vasu Exchange. There are a number of girly-type beer bars on the Soi along with The Pickled Liver and Maxim Inn. The infamous Eden Club is also located on 7/1). So, look for the Soi located between McDonalds and Subway! It's really not as difficult as it sounds. It is connected to the BTS; however, the nearest entry point to the BTS from Soi 7 is and escalator going up. It will prove useful should you struggle to maintain your balance when trying to return home!

As for a menu and prices, I think this is more like a soft-opening for members. We already get a 15% discount. I don't think ThaiVisa is going to engage in price gouging if they want to remain open. Again, most of us live here or visit regularly. If prices are unreasonable, you can bet your bottom baht that most of us will vote with our feet. Your first drink is free. While sipping on that free beer, you can have a look at the prices and menu and decide if you want to stay or not. It isn't like there is a shortage of other venues to have a drink in the nearby vicinity. There are only 100 bars within a couple of block radius.

Good luck getting there! Hope these directions helped!

Thank you for your lecture. Interior photo's is what I was suggesting and a map for anyone visiting TV who is thinking of coming to Thailand for a holiday. Personally I don't think it's too much to ask. I'm only passing through BKK for a short stay in August and had hoped for some more information but no doubt some members here may be able to provide more information prior to my trip. Been to Bangkok every year since 1998 and live up country so I have no problems navigating my way around not only the City but further afield as well.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be in Bangkok but I'll pass on the opening. Bars, especially bars near Nana, have never had any attraction for me. Instead, I'll spend the day at the bike show at Central World and then head to the river for a good glass of red wine and a sunset.

Best to you with the new enterprise.

David

• Like 1

A little bird told me there are some semi/almost professional musicians among us. Will there be a jam session?

I was a professional musician back in Scotland, a jam session would be a great idea. Even if there could be a live band one or two nights a week, and get some musicians and singers to perform with the band.

I'd love to just sit and listen to Pimay1's stories. That would make my night. But think the place will be too busy for a jam.

Possum: what kind of music do you play? We sometimes get together and play Irish/bluegrass.

There was music and a jam at Blues Factory for a TFV piss up. It was fun.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

A little bird told me there are some semi/almost professional musicians among us. Will there be a jam session?

I was a professional musician back in Scotland, a jam session would be a great idea. Even if there could be a live band one or two nights a week, and get some musicians and singers to perform with the band.

I'd love to just sit and listen to Pimay1's stories. That would make my night. But think the place will be too busy for a jam.

Possum: what kind of music do you play? We sometimes get together and play Irish/bluegrass.

There was music and a jam at Blues Factory for a TFV piss up. It was fun.

I was a bass player, and played American country music, and Irish folk music and rebel songs.

Rather amazing that something like 80% of respondents so far - apparently eager to attend - have less than 50 Posts.

"Just saying" (I hate that phrase!).

I hope to make it, there are many TV Members I would like to meet and put a face to a name.

Patrick

There was another topic on "You know you are retired........." can't help but reply here....

When you do a statistical analysis of respondents/No,of posts/eagerness to attend.....on "invitation to the grand opening of TVLB" ??? post-4641-1156694572.gif.pagespeed.ce.33

I to had noticed that Patrick, but I think there are a fair few balloon chasers around. There are a few who I have met in the past who have been very nice people.

The signs are up now, you will find Thaivisa Lounge easy when entering Sukhumvit Soi 7:

attachicon.gif1403954881150.jpg

attachicon.gif1403954888415.jpg

Just walked past it and looks good from SUK. When did you guys take it over and what was it before that ? I thought the Thai visa bar was occupied by the pool table place that was across the road for many years.

Bars are changing hands fast around there

Can't believe it took almost 15 year or so until this finally happened...... I have been at the very first "TV piss-up" at a Club somewhere near NANA around 2005 or so, had long talks with GEORGE when we both had quite a couple of drinks already ;-) and always thought such thing would be a good idea and very successful.

Only one question: What about the "member discount" if members do not have / not want to have the TV-App installed on their Smartphones (or don't own a Smartphone at all)

EDIT: hmmmmmm.... the night of the first two WC Quarterfinals..... maybe not the greatest of timing for the opening...... or just GEORGE's revenge that his home country didn't make it to Brazil...... whistling.gif

Edited by siam2007
  • Like 1

Can't believe it took almost 15 year or so until this finally happened...... I have been at the very first "TV piss-up" at a Club somewhere near NANA around 2005 or so, had long talks with GEORGE when we both had quite a couple of drinks already ;-) and always thought such thing would be a good idea and very successful.

Only one question: What about the "member discount" if members do not have / not want to have the TV-App installed on their Smartphones (or don't own a Smartphone at all)

The easiest way to administer this. is that most members have the App and show it at the entrance. If you don't have a phone or the App, we have other ways of verifying you as a Thaivisa member.

See you on Friday!

Can't make it, something is shaking here I must attend.

Maybe I'll stop in next week.

You must wear "I am not a newbie" T-shirt..............thumbsup.gif ................biggrin.png

Where exactly on Soi 7 is it?

Hopefully close to Dr. BJ lol

Oh, wait, that´s 7/1... nevermind coffee1.gif

Soi 7 isn't exactly a flurry of activity. There isn't much going on. The small strip of bars that are there is exactly that ... small. The strip extends from Sukhumvit to the infamous Beer Garden. Opposite the Beer Garden is a parking lot that I referenced earlier for those who may be driving to visit the establishment. I confirmed that it was going to remain open for some time. I took some photos. The blue sign is the new sign for the venue. There are photos from the street right in front of it. There are some photos of the parking lot entrance which is located next to a Krung Sri ATM machine opposite the Soi 7 Beer Garden. There are also a few shots from the BTS up above where Superbdogs is located at Entrance 1

post-44509-0-60979900-1404036776_thumb.jpost-44509-0-46061300-1404036953_thumb.jpost-44509-0-78318400-1404036959_thumb.jpost-44509-0-03356700-1404036967_thumb.jpost-44509-0-56581200-1404036972_thumb.jpost-44509-0-69725900-1404036979_thumb.jpost-44509-0-55366100-1404036989_thumb.jpost-44509-0-07965400-1404036997_thumb.jpost-44509-0-60209900-1404037003_thumb.jpost-44509-0-39100000-1404037009_thumb.jpost-44509-0-51425900-1404037018_thumb.jpost-44509-0-69358600-1404037076_thumb.jpost-44509-0-20380200-1404037084_thumb.jpost-44509-0-59746200-1404037090_thumb.jpost-44509-0-91460800-1404037098_thumb.jpost-44509-0-94704500-1404037106_thumb.jpost-44509-0-75068000-1404037113_thumb.j

• Like 1