Invitation to the Grand Opening of the Thaivisa Lounge Bar in Bangkok on July 4

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'll be there too.

A set of stocks, over-ripe tomatoes and bad eggs will be supplied. Actually that could be a good promotion, pelt your 'favourite' Mod smile.png

Okay, not being the bar type and a non drinker, I must say I wasn't too excited about this.

.....HOWEVER, after reading your message I'm going to book my flight and stock up on year old eggs and water balloons full of eeeerrrr tomatoes wink.png.

Exactly what time are you going to be there old chum and what will you be wearing ? wink.pngtongue.png

The question is, who would you want to pelt?

Crossy wouldn't be on my list, but I can think of one or two that would be - only problem is, they would probably enjoy it

Oh I have a question and a suggestion. Question is will you have WIFI there? Suggestion since you must get a lot of questions concerning visa's you might want to consider offering help in doing retirement visa paperwork for a fixed fee of say 5,000 baht could be a money maker for you. All you need is small area in your place for a desk and a file to do it.

A little bird told me there are some semi/almost professional musicians among us. Will there be a jam session?

I was a professional musician back in Scotland, a jam session would be a great idea. Even if there could be a live band one or two nights a week, and get some musicians and singers to perform with the band.

I'd love to just sit and listen to Pimay1's stories. That would make my night. But think the place will be too busy for a jam.

Possum: what kind of music do you play? We sometimes get together and play Irish/bluegrass.

A little bird told me there are some semi/almost professional musicians among us. Will there be a jam session?

I was a professional musician back in Scotland, a jam session would be a great idea. Even if there could be a live band one or two nights a week, and get some musicians and singers to perform with the band.

I'd love to just sit and listen to Pumay1's stories. That would make my night. But think the place will be too busy for a jam.

Possum: what kind of music do you play? We sometimes get together and play Irish/bluegrass.

I played American country music, George Jones, Vince Gill, Alan Jackson etc. I also played Bluegrass and Irish music, folk songs, rebel songs etc. I played bass guitar, but sold all my gear when I came to Thailand to stay.

I also played sixties and seventies, Elvis, Roy Orbison etc, I started my professional career with an Scottish Showband, playing everything complete with brass section.

I might show up on the opening night if I am in town....not sure yet but anyhow will drop by soon after if not.

Hey George....how about a discount based on number of posts?....surely us loyal hardworking members should be rewarded!....

Jingthing will be on free beer and food for a week then.

I might show up on the opening night if I am in town....not sure yet but anyhow will drop by soon after if not.

Hey George....how about a discount based on number of posts?....surely us loyal hardworking members should be rewarded!....

Canapes and cocktails you mean?

• Like 1

Jingthing will be arriving by baht bus no doubt.

He won't get that journey for 10 Baht.

He won't get that journey for 10 Baht.

But it will be good entertainment seeing him argue with the Baht Bus driver on what the price should be, especially when he gets a slap laugh.png

• Like 1

Oh I have a question and a suggestion. Question is will you have WIFI there? Suggestion since you must get a lot of questions concerning visa's you might want to consider offering help in doing retirement visa paperwork for a fixed fee of say 5,000 baht could be a money maker for you. All you need is small area in your place for a desk and a file to do it.

Yes, Wi-Fi is available in the Lounge Bar! We will have theme evenings later on with different kind of content, for sure Visas included.

See you on Friday!

How do you get a Thai Visa Card?

Just download and install the Thaivisa Connect App, it is our electronic member card:

Go here with your mobile browser: http://apps.thaivisa.com

You get 15% discount upon showing the App to the restaurant staff!

15% discount on what? Still no idea of prices or what's available!

maybe a website or at least a drinks menu.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

How do you get a Thai Visa Card?

Just download and install the Thaivisa Connect App, it is our electronic member card:

Go here with your mobile browser: http://apps.thaivisa.com

You get 15% discount upon showing the App to the restaurant staff!

15% discount on what? Still no idea of prices or what's available!

maybe a website or at least a drinks menu.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

15% on all food and drinks for Thaivisa Members. Price list / menu will be up on the Facebook page shortly:

https://www.facebook.com/TheLoungeBangkok

Go there and Like the Page and you will get all info as we have it ready for you. If you don't use mobile device or FAcebook, feel free to subscribe to Thaivisa Newsletter and you will not miss any info:

http://www.thaivisa.com/newsletter-signup.html

See you on Friday 4th!