View Talay 7 doesn't look like the view is guaranteed

The empty lots on both sides dont bother me as I am at the corner front unit, including the possiblility of tall buildings to the N side as you feared. How many years have you been looking? Hope you find a perfect condo soon.

Apparently you are more easily satisfied than I am but you are not alone in that.

I looked for three years before finding something I liked.

• Like 1

I heard that VT7 owns that building but I'd feel much better if it were occupied and being used for something.

You do know that the land that VT7 is built on used to belong to Jomtien Complex Condo, right? And, look how that turned out...

• Like 1

I heard that VT7 owns that building but I'd feel much better if it were occupied and being used for something.

You do know that the land that VT7 is built on used to belong to Jomtien Complex Condo, right? And, look how that turned out...

Units on the Jomtien side of VT5C had a cracking view right down the bay when it was built. Now they just have a cracking view of VT7.

• 4 weeks later...

The empty lots on both sides dont bother me as I am at the corner front unit, including the possiblility of tall buildings to the N side as you feared. How many years have you been looking? Hope you find a perfect condo soon.

Apparently you are more easily satisfied than I am but you are not alone in that.

I looked for three years before finding something I liked.

So you found a condo you like? Are you willing to tell us what you ended up liking? If you don't feel comfortable broadcasting this, would you be willing to let me know in a private message? I'm interested because I know you performed a lengthy and thorough evaluation.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I chose my unit based on personal preference about layout, size, view etc that probably doesn't match what most other people are looking for here. Also the layout of my unit is very atypical of others I saw, even in the same building, most of which were a very different shape for a similar total size.

What I would say is that in most new buildings (there are one or two exceptions) units tend to have standard layouts designed to give a maximum number of bedrooms in a small area, and they generally all have standard finishes. So once you have seen one unit you have pretty much seen them all.

Older buildings (and one or two newer ones) often have more variety in the unit layouts, which also tend to be more open-plan and more spacious, and with individually chosen decor and finishes. Personally this suits me much better than the modern multi-bedroomed designs, but as I'm an old fart who lives alone that is hardly surprising.