Only 16 lawyers have applied to practise Sharia law in Brunei

webfact

Only 16 lawyers have applied to practise syariah law in Brunei
Rasidah Hab
The Brunei Times

Too few qualified syarie lawyers have applied to practise in the syariah courts, the Chief Syar’ie Judge Yahya Ibrahim said.

From 2003 to this year, 103 have qualified and registered as syarie lawyers, but only 16 of them have applied to practise in syariah courts, said Judge Yahya Ibrahim.

These 16 are from 11 law firms, he said.

This is an “unsatisfactory” number, he said, noting that with the implementation of the Syariah Penal Code Order 2013, syarie lawyers play an important role in assisting the courts in upholding justice.

“If there is an increase in the number (of practising syarie lawyers in syariah courts), the cases will be able to run smoothly.”

The number of syarie lawyers in syariah courts must at least be half of those registered, he said in an opening speech prior to presenting official certificates to 26 lawyers who completed the qualification process for syarie lawyers.

The lawyers have been endorsed by the syariah lawyers committee and approved by the chief judge to be admitted as part of Section 13 of Chapter 184 of the Syariah Courts Act.

In his speech, Judge Yahya also called for the court’s management and research section to conduct research on why syarie lawyer is not a preferred profession for one’s professional career.

“This, in my opinion, is one thing that should be made by the judicial management studies and research division in administrative court of appeal syariah; why the profession as syarie lawyers is not preferred to term employment as professional-class job,” he said.

ann.jpg
-- ANN 2014-06-27

“This, in my opinion, is one thing that should be made by the judicial management studies and research division in administrative court of appeal syariah; why the profession as syarie lawyers is not preferred to term employment as professional-class job,” he said.

Had to reread this 10 times and still...hey Judge man, maybe you should get a different job...goat herder maybe, yup I think goats will get your meaning and they don't mind getting stoned as much...

• Like 1

Had to reread this 10 times and still...hey Judge man, maybe you should get a different job...goat herder maybe, yup I think goats will get your meaning and they don't mind getting stoned as much...

How's your Bahasa Malaysia?

How's your Bahasa Malaysia?

I get by with Tongkat Ali's help, how about you?

btw...Quote from Wikipedia:

English (in Brunei) is used as a business and official language

• Like 1

I have a friend who attended the same school in Perth, Western Australia at the same time as the now, Sultan of Brunei.

The friend and many of his old Classmates tell stories of the "Boy who has become Sultan" being "quite a normal, FUN LOVING young Lad, who would probably have had a VERY Difficult Time with Shariah Law, if it had been on the books in Brunei at the time."

Perchance, the Sultan has done a bit of Soul Searching as he gets older and wants to make up for former "naughtiness."

Edited by Torrens54

Personally, I have no time for Shariah law. Anything that is based on the needs of terribly insecure men, who have not adapted to modern times, scares the bejesus out of me. I think I can definitely go the rest of my life without visiting a society that condones this kind of Stone Age thinking, and supports a legal system designed by man children, who cannot develop any level of comfort within their own skin. The whole thing makes me quite queasy.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I had 4 years in saudi and you SHOULD be scared. It's a seriously bad system, designed to keep women subjugated to men and allows bad men to become powerful.

I had 4 years in saudi and you SHOULD be scared. It's a seriously bad system, designed to keep women subjugated to men and allows bad men to become powerful.

And that is different from a lot of other systems how?

• Like 1

Personally, I have no time for Shariah law. Anything that is based on the needs of terribly insecure men, who have not adapted to modern times, scares the bejesus out of me. I think I can definitely go the rest of my life without visiting a society that condones this kind of Stone Age thinking, and supports a legal system designed by man children, who cannot develop any level of comfort within their own skin. The whole thing makes me quite queasy.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Designed to keep woman subjugated to men.......maybe we shouldn't judge it so harshly after all

Strange but true,Sharia law can be used in England for commercial disputes,both sides have to agree to abide by the decision of the court beforehand, the decision is then lawful under British law. Thanks liberals,the creeping islamisation of a European country

Even stranger but still true, its Jewish counterpart Beth Din, has been performing exactly the same function in England since the 1700s.

• Like 1

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Designed to keep woman subjugated to men.......maybe we shouldn't judge it so harshly after all

I do judge gorillas, who are pretending to be men harshly. Get real. Get a life. If a man believes in himself, and is secure in who he is, he is ok with his woman driving a car, going out with her friend, and having a life. Neanderthals are not comfortable with that. It is the 21st century. Be a man. Not a fool.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

I do judge gorillas, who are pretending to be men harshly. Get real. Get a life. If a man believes in himself, and is secure in who he is, he is ok with his woman driving a car, going out with her friend, and having a life. Neanderthals are not comfortable with that. It is the 21st century. Be a man. Not a fool.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Loosen up,it was obvious, i think to all,that this was meant as a joke

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Loosen up,it was obvious, i think to all,that this was meant as a joke

Yes. I did see your humor. Thanks for that. Nor sure why I find Sharia law, and the cultures that tolerate it so offensive. But, to visit those countries, and lend them support on any way, if something I will try not to ever do. I am thinking of converting my car to CNG, as I feel it is a way of putting my foot up King Abdullah's fat ass.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

I was waiting for that biggrin.png

Most systems don't OFFICIALY say that women are worth less than men.

To prove rape, a woman needs 4 eye witnesses.

Strange but true,Sharia law can be used in England for commercial disputes,both sides have to agree to abide by the decision of the court beforehand, the decision is then lawful under British law. Thanks liberals,the creeping islamisation of a European country

Even stranger but still true, its Jewish counterpart Beth Din, has been performing exactly the same function in England since the 1700s.

I have distrust of any religion that requires people to wear stupid hats or cover themselves up. Do they think "God" needs a uniform to identify them?

I have distrust of any religion that requires people to wear stupid hats or cover themselves up. Do they think "God" needs a uniform to identify them?

Be fair,he has a long way to look down,any help we can give him is appreciated

• Like 1

Be fair,he has a long way to look down,any help we can give him is appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDBPBtVxOZk

I am curious how they intend to increase the number of lawyers practising sharia law ?..... Threaten then lawyer's who haven't volunteered with beheading or a good stoning if they don't practice sharia law ?

Although I am an atheist, I secretly wish there is a god, and all the organised religions on planet earth, yes the whole lot of them, Muslim, Christian and alike find out they have all been batting for the wrong side all along, and the big guy in sky sends them all to the fires of hell for nice little BBQ

Without organised religion planet earth would be a far more pleasant place to live

• Like 1

I am curious how they intend to increase the number of lawyers practising sharia law ?..... Threaten then lawyer's who haven't volunteered with beheading or a good stoning if they don't practice sharia law ?

It's a wonder they bother with lawyers,let the Imam decide,no need for technicalities, guilty as charged, off with his head.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

your judgment is as superfluous as is your repeated mentioning that you live in Chaiyaphum, Thailand whistling.gif

Naam

Banglamung, Thailand

sent from my non-mobile PC using Firefox laugh.png

• Like 1

Most systems don't OFFICIALY say that women are worth less than men.

To prove rape, a woman needs 4 eye witnesses.

So, with my limited understanding of Islam, are we saying the system unwittingly condones gang rape? How else would there be 4 witnesses? I think that fact alone is testament to the absolute stupidity and senseless of Sharia law.

Spidermike007