Online Payment Gateways

I would also recommend against ThaiEPay as they cannot take Master Card, and they reject well over 50% of all Visa transactions for no reason. I called the MD directly, and he advised me to use Paypal!

Paypal is great, except it will not allow payments originating in several countries Russia, Indonesia, Saudia and a few others that seem to be on GWB hitlist. However, we use our UK account for this, so its not an option for drawing down to a Thai bank.

We are adding World Pay to our list of gateways, and the solution will be to set up diffrent payment pages, depending on the situation.

Anyway, the main point of my post is to let you know to avoid Thai E Pay

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, as many of you, we have problems to find a cc solution for our webshop.

I have followed this thread with big attention but can’t find out with is the best solution for us. One thing is for sure, we can’t afford 5,5% as 2checkout.com charges.

We are now trying to get a CC machine so we can process the payments manually. But we find it hard to get. The banks say they will only provide CC-machines for real shops and tourist related companies. Our company is more than 2 years old and we have a nice and decent office in a business building but we are not a shop so therefore not qualified according to them. Any suggestions??

Does any e-payment solution provided by Thai banks really works for large payments from overseas?? We do not have many payments but few large ones in the range of 30 000-250 000b per purchase.

We really need some advise here.

Thanks // Peter

• 1 month later...
Hi, as many of you, we have problems to find a cc solution for our webshop.

I have followed this thread with big attention but can’t find out with is the best solution for us. One thing is for sure, we can’t afford 5,5% as 2checkout.com charges.

We are now trying to get a CC machine so we can process the payments manually. But we find it hard to get. The banks say they will only provide CC-machines for real shops and tourist related companies. Our company is more than 2 years old and we have a nice and decent office in a business building but we are not a shop so therefore not qualified according to them. Any suggestions??

Does any e-payment solution provided by Thai banks really works for large payments from overseas?? We do not have many payments but few large ones in the range of 30 000-250 000b per purchase.

We really need some advise here.

Thanks // Peter

Reading this with great interest.

I am looking to bring in approx 10 million USD per year into the country which requires an online Gateway direct to a Thai business account, all tourist money ! Problem is the banks are not interested because my company at the present time does not generate enough revenue to warrant such a facility.

When I told them they only have to give me the facility and it would all change they simply refused to see the logic, "Im sorry but your company not big enough" :o

Any merchants out there fancy helping me with the 1st $10,000,000 ? (Im serious)

• 4 years later...
  • 8 months later...

You could use (2c2p com) for your website. It has easy integration with your website for creditcard processing. It also has dynamic currency conversion for your customers that want to fix the purchase price in their own currency to avoid waiting (for the unknown rate). DCC is a service provided by a company that specializes in currency conversion and is integrated into 2c2p. It basically allows all payment gateways out there to offer currency conversion. If you are working for a payment gateway or bank ask them to integrate the service for you. (dccservice com) Hope this helps you

You could use (2c2p com) for your website. It has easy integration with your website for creditcard processing. It also has dynamic currency conversion for your customers that want to fix the purchase price in their own currency to avoid waiting (for the unknown rate). DCC is a service provided by a company that specializes in currency conversion and is integrated into 2c2p. It basically allows all payment gateways out there to offer currency conversion. If you are working for a payment gateway or bank ask them to integrate the service for you. (dccservice com) Hope this helps you

Correction: Paysbuy is the best option in my opinion and TBank for the merchant account. 2c2p is not yet live in Thailand. dccservice is live and is the core service for the payment gateways. You can ask them to integrate to your website. They have an e-commerce product for this.

• 2 months later...

7 years ago, the OP said he wanted to transfer money from a UK bank account into a Thai one. The Post Office now offer a no fee, 0% commission service for transfers over £250! Sounds too good to be true? I'm going to try it next week to send my Thai wife some money. Will let you know. I think the only disadvantage is the 3 business-day wait for it to complete.

Details are on the post office dot co dot uk website, in the Travel > International Payments section.

siam commercials business banking have a secure cc payment site that you can link your customers to , need to hold ur acc there though

Smart, are you able to provide any more details about the SCB service? I had a quick look in their web site a few moments ago and nothing jumped out at me.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Any update about online payment please ?

Thai banks systems seem to still be so difficult to use.

ThaiEpay does NOT accept websites with different kind of products (mall style website not accepted) and does NOT process Mastercard.

What other options but Paypal ?

Maybe Moneybookers or 2checkout ? Are you using these services linked with a Thai bank account

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

I am using Siampay. It is the same company as Asiapay in Hong Kong.

Their system is pretty good considering they offer the same thing in 9 countries.

The drawback is that they have monthly fee which could add extra cost especially a start up.

Other than this, i am quite satisfied with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if money deposited in a Thai bank account from a Thai Paypal account for money sent from abroad show as "foreign exchange" on a statement or bank book? The reason I ask is if, at some point, you want to send some of the cash to your home country you will need to show where the funds came from in the first place, if they do not show up as "foreign exchange" I suppose it will not be possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if money deposited in a Thai bank account from a Thai Paypal account for money sent from abroad show as "foreign exchange" on a statement or bank book? The reason I ask is if, at some point, you want to send some of the cash to your home country you will need to show where the funds came from in the first place, if they do not show up as "foreign exchange" I suppose it will not be possible.

My transfers with moneybookers.com shows on online kasikorn as "international transfer "

• 2 months later...

After test-buying products on my new website with Paypal (which I had used for merchant services years ago successfully), it turns out that as of April 24th they are phasing out credit card processing from non-Paypal members. That would be the vast majority of our customers. If you Google the error "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number" you will see it's been happening for a long time (not just in Thailand), but a rep finally admitted to me they are removing this option completely (despite it still showing up on the checkout page their developers designed).

Anyone have any idea of sites besides Paypal that don't require startup fee or monthly fees? I don't mind paying a fee for each purchase, but as a new, very small business, I cannot afford to pay fees when we could easily go a full month without any orders. Kasikorn, our bank, has its own processing gateway but your business needs to be running for 3 years already. Siampay has startup and monthly fees. Moneybookers has monthly fees. It seems like most of the feedback on Thaiepay is bad. What else is out there?

• 1 month later...

After test-buying products on my new website with Paypal (which I had used for merchant services years ago successfully), it turns out that as of April 24th they are phasing out credit card processing from non-Paypal members. That would be the vast majority of our customers. If you Google the error "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number" you will see it's been happening for a long time (not just in Thailand), but a rep finally admitted to me they are removing this option completely (despite it still showing up on the checkout page their developers designed).

Anyone have any idea of sites besides Paypal that don't require startup fee or monthly fees? I don't mind paying a fee for each purchase, but as a new, very small business, I cannot afford to pay fees when we could easily go a full month without any orders. Kasikorn, our bank, has its own processing gateway but your business needs to be running for 3 years already. Siampay has startup and monthly fees. Moneybookers has monthly fees. It seems like most of the feedback on Thaiepay is bad. What else is out there?

2Checkout, the signup fee is minimal, as is the monthly fee (like $10 per month)

https://www.2checkout.com/

Plus your customers can still use Paypal via to 2checkout.

Or you could do: https://bitcoin.co.th/merchants/

I use both these services on my stores and have never had any trouble, compared to the absolute sh*t service I had to go though with Paypal: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/552787-sue-paypal-in-thailand/

Note that I wrote reviews of a number of merchant services in that thread as I signed up with about 10 different companies, 2Checkout turned out to be the best of those.

• 5 months later...