Foreigner suspected of dealing drugs in Central Pattaya entertainment area

webfact

It seems that many of these people caught with small amounts of drugs give up their supplier. Sometimes the supplier gives up his supplier as well. I'm wondering how the police achieve such a high level of cooperation.

If you confess and cooperate with the police, your sentence will be cut in half.

Not true, quite often it is wise not to talk to police and talk only in court with your lawyer present, there if you accept guilt your sentence will be halved.

Police has absolutely nothing to do with it, quite often they make things worse.

I know this because I have helped friends in a few cases ! Talk in court NOT with police and that is your right.

Great advice, thanks !! :-)

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes probably Iranian, how stupid can you get,

Do you mean for being Iranian or selling drugs?

whatever, that individual certainly doesn`t have the appearance of someone who has the intellect to become a brain surgeon or who may discover how to fuse the atom in the future.

Edited by Beetlejuice

I am fairly new to Thailand.

When facing arrest by Thai police is it beneficial to withhold your name and passport details.

Now that you bring it up: To be honest, when I think about it - yes. It might actually be the best ting to do. As the police here, will sell your photo, and all your personal information to the media. And even do a lineup and a press conference, BEFORE your are convicted of anything.

And its very very rare, that there is any form of "follow up" on previous cases, by the media.

So if you stall them the first night, you might actually get a better shot at getting a good deal in court, or keeping your personal details (minus the naked picture) private.

When facing arrest by Thai police is it beneficial to withhold your name and passport details.

Now that you bring it up: To be honest, when I think about it - yes. It might actually be the best ting to do. As the police here, will sell your photo, and all your personal information to the media. And even do a lineup and a press conference, BEFORE your are convicted of anything.

And its very very rare, that there is any form of "follow up" on previous cases, by the media.

So if you stall them the first night, you might actually get a better shot at getting a good deal in court, or keeping your personal details (minus the naked picture) private.

I have not read any follow-up to this news report providing his identifying details.

No. You can be charged with additional crimes. There are two laws on this. One is the Thai ID Card act which states that any person requested to show ID to police or competent official are required to do so. The other is the Immigration Act which requires aliens to "prove they entered the Kingdom legally."

It seems that many of these people caught with small amounts of drugs give up their supplier. Sometimes the supplier gives up his supplier as well. I'm wondering how the police achieve such a high level of cooperation.

If you confess and cooperate with the police, your sentence will be cut in half.
Not true, quite often it is wise not to talk to police and talk only in court with your lawyer present, there if you accept guilt your sentence will be halved.

Police has absolutely nothing to do with it, quite often they make things worse.

I know this because I have helped friends in a few cases ! Talk in court NOT with police and that is your right.

Withholding the name and country of origin does not land you in court, it lands you rotting in the cell until police can verify your identity.

Yes you do have to talk to police because charges have to be laid. You do not have to admit anything but you do have to give statement , again failure to do so does not land you in court, but back in the cells

Even if charges are not laid you are required to identify yourself and if an alien, prove you are legally in the country.

Telephone%20Book%201.jpg

• Like 1

Hence the name white Russian?

Maggusoil, Could be French, like Sascha Distel . By the way, John McEnroe is in Wimbledon; commentating not playing,

Yes, I've noticed. I have always been a fan. Even when he was a brat, like this guy.

I like his commentary.

Unlikely to hear my favourite quote. 'You can't be serious.", which I think of often browsing TV, hence . . . .

BTW Maggusoil is Strine per Professor AfferbeckLauder, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strine

I got picked up for being a farang it seems I was wearing a shirt like someone who did credit card fraud. They took me to the gold shop people not him. then to station I asked for embassy official they refused. Then they tired to get to admit to the crime even though I did commit it when that failed , they then tired to get me to agree to work undercover for them . Well I then said let me make a call they did I called embassy gave my information to them and said send a consul with in ear shot of officer They could get me out the door fast enough. At the time I worked for Homeland Security I was on vacation.As I was heading out the door the officer who took me in was getting his butt rimed. Seen him few days later Man did he move away at sight of me funny as hell.

WOW an American G man in Thailand. Did you flash your badge and show them your gun too hero?

I got picked up for being a farang it seems I was wearing a shirt like someone who did credit card fraud. They took me to the gold shop people not him. then to station I asked for embassy official they refused. Then they tired to get to admit to the crime even though I did commit it when that failed , they then tired to get me to agree to work undercover for them . Well I then said let me make a call they did I called embassy gave my information to them and said send a consul with in ear shot of officer They could get me out the door fast enough. At the time I worked for Homeland Security I was on vacation.As I was heading out the door the officer who took me in was getting his butt rimed. Seen him few days later Man did he move away at sight of me funny as hell.

Then they tired to get to admit to the crime even though I did commit it.

You must be edgeecateit...

Isn't 2.26g an amount one person would buy for personal use?

My bet he's not even a drug dealer but a showstopping Russian belly dancer short of cashwink.png

If he looks Russian to you, you should consider changing the optometrist

He does not look a typical Russian, although plenty of Middle Eastern looking men have Russian citizenship and come originally from former USSR Asian republics, like Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaidjan, etc. His first name, Sasha, though is a typical Russian name.

In Russia living not only caucasians, also a lot of different other tribes.

Sasha is in Russia an abbreviation for "Alexander" and this is a common name all over the world.

Anyway he looks like a guy from this Kaukasus region around the caspian sea.

That happens in most places in the world, defo uk.

Another genius who thinks that the road to riches is smuggling drugs through countries like Thailand. I'm opposed to all drug laws but it's hard to believe that someone could be this stupid, knowing what the risks are. He rolled the dice, he lost.

Those conclusions are a big jump based on the reported facts.... I dont see anywhere it said about smuggling.

I not a supporter of this drug and its users, but when I read the article I couldn't help thinking it sounds like the dealer was the Thai guy who gave up someone he supplied in order to get off lightly..

Why is Thailand got such a culture of grassing up others is it just me that feels this is somewhat....*****. ,( I cant even find the words to describe it) Every time I read anything about drugs its always the same, guy gives up his dealer on so on. are the Thais just a bunch of rats or are the police beating these confessions out of everyone???

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not cooperating only delays the process and the possibly of bail later on. Facial recognition software and other biometrics (finger prints) can identify who this person is. Thailand immigration/police uses both and it's pointless not to cooperate.

From experience, those who refuse to identify themselves usually have had other issues (warrants) elsewhere or were under the influence and didn't realize the hopelessness of not cooperating.

Be nice and cooperate, even in the most stressful situations. it couldn't hurt.

So you did do it, they could get you out fast you work for Homeland Security and the officer got his butt rimmed (lucky him).

Could you publish the code book you are using so that we can decipher your post or are you from Louisiana?

Having lived in Louisiana, it took repeated readings to figure out the post. I found that the locals in the Bayou State were easier to understand after they had a few beverages in them as their speech slowed down. LOL.

As I stated earlier in this thread, you give your name and nationality, apart from that you DO NOT have to give a statement to the police and no you will not rot away in the cells because they have to bring you to court in 24- 48 hours time to appear in front of prosecutor/judge where you can have your lawyer present.

DO not be intimidated by these boys in brown.

You might ask why do I know all this, my FIL is a copper and I used to do lots of translation work for them.

Quite often the police will have you admit to things that they "think" you are guilty of so they can present their case "neatly" to the court, they do not care if the evidence is correct or not.

DO not trust them, and whenever arrested, just give name and nationality, contact your embassy and lawyer f you have that right, let them lock you back up in their holding cells till they bring you to court !

Agreed. Name and nationality. I advised many arrestees back home of something similar (Miranda Admonition). Unfortunately, not all police are honest and some will manipulate off hand statements or exclamations and then you have to defend yourself later on in court.

Silence is golden after you give your name and nationality. Let the "professionals" speak for you or follow their advice. Don't be a magpie and chatter away.

Just a suggestion mind you.