NCPO declares August 11 an official public holiday: Queen's birthday Aug 12

webfact

This is great news by the NCPO and it encourages Thai's to travel over the long weekend. It highlights that they are sincere about rebuilding the Thai economy and making the people happy at the same time.

If only 1% of Thai's travelled in this 4 day weekend that would equate to the French tourists that enter Thailand in one year. Heck, if only 0.5% travel and take holidays it would equate to the Philippine tourists in a one year period.

Encouraging news and well done General Prayuth. It is good to see Thailand on the road to recovery.

• Like 1

This is great news by the NCPO and it encourages Thai's to travel over the long weekend. It highlights that they are sincere about rebuilding the Thai economy and making the people happy at the same time.

If only 1% of Thai's travelled in this 4 day weekend that would equate to the French tourists that enter Thailand in one year. Heck, if only 0.5% travel and take holidays it would equate to the Philippine tourists in a one year period.

Encouraging news and well done General Prayuth. It is good to see Thailand on the road to recovery.

I wonder how many people will die in road accidents on your road to recovery

• Like 2

August 11 announced an extra holiday

winthai-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK; -- The National Council for Peace and Order has endorsed the proposal of the Tourism and Sports Ministry to announce August 11 as an extra holiday.

NCPO spokesman Col Winthai Suwaree said that at the meeting of the NCPO , a proposal to declare August 11 as an extra holiday was proposed by the Tourism and Sports Ministry with reason of promoting tourism as long holiday would encourage people to travel and that would boost economy.

The proposal was later approved.

Under the ministry’s proposal this year’s celebration of the Mother’s Day on August 12, the 82 birthday anniversary of Her Majesty the Queen, will have up to four days off.

The ministry earlier agreed to the proposal of Tourism Authority of Thailand to make Aug 11 as an extra public holiday to give the declining tourism industry affected by martial laws and coups some help with a long-weekend celebration of the 82nd birthday of Her Majesty the Queen.

They reasoned that since the Queen’s birthday, Aug 12, falls on a Tuesday. By making Aug 11 an official holiday, the country would effectively get a four-day weekend.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/august-11-announced-extra-holiday/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=august-11-announced-extra-holiday

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-02

Run away run away the sky is falling!

• Like 1

That is a very pertinent point and one to be addressed at the NCPO reform meetings.

Well done and I hope this is addressed as well.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

August 11 announced an extra holiday

winthai-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK; -- The National Council for Peace and Order has endorsed the proposal of the Tourism and Sports Ministry to announce August 11 as an extra holiday.

NCPO spokesman Col Winthai Suwaree said that at the meeting of the NCPO , a proposal to declare August 11 as an extra holiday was proposed by the Tourism and Sports Ministry with reason of promoting tourism as long holiday would encourage people to travel and that would boost economy.

The proposal was later approved.

Under the ministry’s proposal this year’s celebration of the Mother’s Day on August 12, the 82 birthday anniversary of Her Majesty the Queen, will have up to four days off.

The ministry earlier agreed to the proposal of Tourism Authority of Thailand to make Aug 11 as an extra public holiday to give the declining tourism industry affected by martial laws and coups some help with a long-weekend celebration of the 82nd birthday of Her Majesty the Queen.

They reasoned that since the Queen’s birthday, Aug 12, falls on a Tuesday. By making Aug 11 an official holiday, the country would effectively get a four-day weekend.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/august-11-announced-extra-holiday/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=august-11-announced-extra-holiday

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-02

But in Udon Thani the police are still enforcing curfew. Bars has to close at 24.00. Is this local curfew just some way for the local police to collect money, or is it really what the junta has ordered ? We wanted to stay in the bar a little bit longer. No problem, but we had to pay the loyal police officer some hundreds thb.

Encouraging news and well done General Prayuth. It is good to see Thailand on the road to recovery

You need a nap.

• Like 2

Encouraging news and well done General Prayuth. It is good to see Thailand on the road to recovery

You need a nap.

Cant actually rebut the post heay?

I have found when the facts are too hard to rebut the replies become humorous!!!

Your reply is very funny….

You need a nap.

I have found when the facts are too hard to rebut the replies become humorous!!!

Whinge.....only whinge. Declaring a holiday does nothing to rebuild the Thai economy..and nobody believes that. .Heck, if only the Great Man would acknowledge your TVF accomplishments, then the opposition would become silent.......

LONG HOLIDAY
Four-day weekend gets nod to boost tourism

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- AUGUST 11 has been approved as an extra public holiday in a bid to boost tourism and stimulate public spending, the National Council for Peace and Order's spokesman Colonel Winthai Suvari announced yesterday.

By making August 11 an official holiday, the public would have a four-day weekend on the occasion of the 82nd birthday of Her Majesty the Queen on August 12.

The additional day off, proposed to NCPO by the Tourism and Sports Ministry, is expected to encourage people to go on trips and hence boost tourism

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Four-day-weekend-gets-nod-to-boost-tourism-30237620.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-03

You need a nap.

Whinge.....only whinge. Declaring a holiday does nothing to rebuild the Thai economy..and nobody believes that. .Heck, if only the Great Man would acknowledge your TVF accomplishments, then the opposition would become silent.......

if only the Great Man would acknowledge your TVF accomplishments, then the opposition would become silent.......

It was the Right Honorable General Preyuth that stated this holiday would help the Thai economy. Even economists stated it would help the economy.

So you suggest that all Thai's in all of Thailand will sit at home for 4 days and spend no money? Is that what you propose will happen?

I used to live in Melbourne and when I had a 4 day holiday over winter it would involve me and my mates going to the snow resort for 3 days. We used to spend our money their on snowboarding and food and other things that stimulated the economy in albeit a small way. Get 10 000 young drunk like minded Aussies like me and thats a nice little tickle in the tourist economy. (Yes, I am still laughing)

The NCPO stated here that they were doing it to stimulate the economy and coinciding with Thai Airways offering discounted domestic fairs here over that 4 days is a recipe for a stimulated economy.

So would you believe that 0.5% of Thai's will travel? Do you know that if 0.5% travel that is the same number as the amount of Philippinos' that enter Thailand in one year?

May peace and reconciliation be with you my friend.

if only the Great Man would acknowledge your TVF accomplishments, then the opposition would become silent.......

It was the Right Honorable General Preyuth that stated this holiday would help the Thai economy. Even economists stated it would help the economy.

So you suggest that all Thai's in all of Thailand will sit at home for 4 days and spend no money? Is that what you propose will happen?

I used to live in Melbourne and when I had a 4 day holiday over winter it would involve me and my mates going to the snow resort for 3 days. We used to spend our money their on snowboarding and food and other things that stimulated the economy in albeit a small way. Get 10 000 young drunk like minded Aussies like me and thats a nice little tickle in the tourist economy. (Yes, I am still laughing)

The NCPO stated here that they were doing it to stimulate the economy and coinciding with Thai Airways offering discounted domestic fairs here over that 4 days is a recipe for a stimulated economy.

So would you believe that 0.5% of Thai's will travel? Do you know that if 0.5% travel that is the same number as the amount of Philippinos' that enter Thailand in one year?

May peace and reconciliation be with you my friend.

Now we know you are lying!

• Like 1

idiotic.....business is bad enough without having holidays like this

Saturday and Sunday are holidays, Monday working, Tuesday a holiday.

You think giving the Monday as a holiday is stupid?

Where I come from it is called common sense.

I'm sure the Thai who work 12 hours or more per day, 6 days per week will be happy to have the day off. I doubt many care what a bunch of old burnt out foreigners think.

Gas panic, are the bars going to be open? Pathetic.

• Like 2